Ana's Art Returns!

Anacybele

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you find my work kinda meh. But oh well, thanks. lol

You must be talking about my character concept art. The older ones are kinda crappy compared to the newer ones, just sayin'.

I guess I should have worded it less like 'not bad' and more like 'pretty good,' but I was trying to give you a compliment, lol. Take it as you will, I suppose.

Yeah, I was mainly going by stuff I saw on the front page. 17 pages is a lot to go through; if you want people viewing the thread to see the newer stuff, you might consider putting it in the OP or something. *shrug* I'll look through some of the newer stuff eventually, perhaps.

Oh, okay, I misinterpreted. My mistake... I really wish I would quit doing that...

And I see. Yeah, I did post a good few images on the first page. Though not every post has an art piece in it, of course. :P

• 3 weeks later...

It's about time I drew something again. And this time, I decided to go to a character I created years ago, but haven't paid any attention to in a long time. And it's not an FE character this time, but a Zelda one!

Kellisketch_zps11dace74.png

Her name is Kelli. Yeah, she shares her name with my Awakening Avatar lol. But as I said, I made her years ago, so it was long before Awakening was even announced. I just named my Avatar Kelli as well because my name is Kelly, I just like it spelled with an i instead of a y. I named this Zelda OC Kelli because of the meaning, which is "warrior." And it just seemed to fit her. I'm doing a new art of her because the old one is bleh and I've made some slight changes (her hair is shorter now, for example. No joke).

Anyway, Kelli's one of the two main characters of my Zelda fic, The Legend of Zelda: The Ancient Power. The other is, you guessed it: Link. XD These two heroes must team up in order to stop a mysterious new evil that is threatening Hyrule. It takes place seven years after Majora's Mask, marking the return of Ocarina of Time's adult Link! Like Link, Kelli is a Hylian that was raised as a Kokiri, though she spent a smaller amount of time in the forest, and thus never had a chance to meet Link in their childhood years. Kelli wields an enchanted blade called the Sun Sword, also known as the Blade of Light (much like the Master Sword is also called the Blade of Evil's Bane). Here is a full pixel art image I did of it aaages ago, alongside its counterpart, the Moon Sword, aka the Blade of Darkness (and if you guessed that Link eventually wields this one, you're correct again!). These two swords are ancient artifacts, so old that they predate even the Master Sword. However, they both contain great power that only chosen heroes may wield. These two heroes are known as the Sky Guardians and defend their realm from evil, which these swords can destroy as does the Master Sword. They became forgotten and lost to history for centuries after the Master Sword's creation.

It was only when Kelli, along with her childhood friend, Judo, stumbled upon the Sun Sword's hidden resting location that this ancient magic was reawakened, and a new set of Sky Guardians were chosen at last. That sword charm Kelli wears around her neck also belonged to Judo. She found it after discovering that he went missing. She's extremely worried about him, to the point where she'll cry on occasion, wondering where in the world he could be and if he's safe. Oh, and yes, I'm aware Judo shares his name with a form of martial arts. That's why I named him so. :P

Edited by Anacybele

• 1 month later...

I haven't drawn anything in awhile, so I did this last night. An art for a fic I'd never done any art for before whatsoever. At last. lol

SLcharacterssketch_zpsf9003fa2.png

It only took me a couple hours to do, so yeah. I made a few new characters for my fic Super Luigi: Battle Star Legend and I sketched them all here for concept art. Moshi at the top is a blue Yoshi that serves as the regular green Yoshi's replacement for a mount and such. Yoshi himself was captured, unfortunately. So Moshi appears to give Luigi a helping hand! He's a little cowardly, but quite smart and useful (kinda like Luigi himself actually lol). He also serves as a guide to Yoshi's Island for Luigi. Moshi can flutter jump a little higher than Yoshi and move a bit faster, but he also has a slightly shorter tongue and gets to use a wider variety of Yoshi powerups, including not just the ones from Super Mario Galaxy 2, but also the different colored shells from Super Mario World!

Prince Apricot is one of Peach's ancestors and ruled the Mushroom Kingdom centuries before. Yet, his restless spirit inhabits the remains of a famous sunken ship beneath the ocean. He's not alone, however, as he has his friend, Chee-Chee the Cheep-Cheep, to keep him company. When Luigi explores the sea, these two guide him and even give him a little help in a major fight. Apricot is a rather serious and gloomy individual, partly due to the events that led to his death, but he also has a strong sense of loyalty and devotion, as he never leaves the remains of his ship and wishes to watch over it and the sea life that live there. He's also somewhat of a pacifist and environmentalist, as he shows that he despises needless fighting and war and wants to conserve the sea. Chee-Chee is nearly the opposite character-wise, as she's a cheerful and somewhat hyper fish. She's also brave and doesn't mind fighting against even her own brethren. She also turns out to be a big fan of the Mario Brothers and their adventures, even if Luigi isn't convinced that anyone respects both brothers equally due to being stuck in Mario's shadow. Apricot and Chee-Chee are obvious opposites, but it turns out that this is a big part of what makes them good friends.

Moshi and Apricot would also be potential Mario Kart characters, btw (hey, if King Boo can join in, so can another ghost lol). Moshi's symbol would be a blue Yoshi egg while Apricot's would look like Peach's, only the main color is orange rather than pink, and the crown has blue and red jewels rather than blue and pink.

Oh geez. XD

Well, it's not a hard name to come up with for such a character, so it's not THAT surprising. But I still had no idea. lol

Yeah... Moshi was the name I came up with for the liddle Yoshi baby who acts as your partner in Paper Mario 2, haha. It was supposed to be a portmanteau of Mohawk-Yoshi since he kind of has like a weird punk do. =w= It has another meaning as well... ...but that's private. behehehehe~

Prince 'Apricot'. Haha that's cute.

Of course. xD That's why it's cute hahaha

Does he have a sister or ancestor named Nectarine or something? xDDD

...BTW I'm not mocking, in case it sounds like I am. It's a cute idea, 4srs .-.

Actually, I was going to give him a relative or two and Nectarine sounds perfect. Thanks, Banryu, you're a genius! ^^

And I didn't think you were mocking lol my bad. Thanks again. :)

Edited by Anacybele

Oh, I plan to color them in a bit, so you won't have to wait long. ^^

Thanks, btw! And speaking of Paper Mario, I did take some inspiration from Super Paper Mario, actually. Luigi eventually gains his Super Jump ability from it. I liked it so much, I couldn't pass it up. He goes OFF THE SCREEN. lol

I finished coloring! ^^ I was kind of going on and off with it though, which is why it took longer than it could have... Heh. ^^; But I added Moshi and Apricot's symbols this time!

super_luigi_characters_by_great_aether-d

Edited by Anacybele

New update, I've got a sneak peek of my current piece. ^^

Ikecelebrationpreview_zpsae0622bf.png

I drew Ike in celebration because HE GOT CONFIRMED FOR SMASH AND IN HIS RD DESIGN!! EEEEEE!!! :D: :D: :D:

It's a preview of what will be a little scene that Ike is, of course, the main attraction in. lol His mouth is open because he's going to have a few dialogue bubbles. But this is my first drawing made ONLY with my pen tablet and Photoshop, no sketch phase. I'm pleased with how it came out! I still need a bit of practice on hands, but besides that, wee. ^^ This is the first time I've drawn Ike in awhile too, actually!

So how's he look? :)

It's done it's done it's done! ^^

ike_is_back__by_great_aether-d7jz3v2.png

Ike is probably a little OOC here, but I was having fun! lol

Yes, that is Sothe hiding up at the top. XD

Try to guess why Chrom has red-orange spots all over him. :P (hint: it isn't blood)

Edited by Anacybele

Try to guess why Chrom has red-orange spots all over him. :P (hint: it isn't blood)

it's elincia's lipstick--*shot*

good job