Ana's Art Returns!

Anacybele

I just finished this meme that I'd wanted to do a long time ago! Only, I chose to wait until I got a tablet, then I forgot about it completely. XD

fire_emblem_art_meme__by_great_aether-d7

It's got a bunch of new doodles and a few pieces I've already posted. I just slapped them in there so this could get done a bit faster. lol

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's done it's done it's done! ^^

ike_is_back__by_great_aether-d7jz3v2.png

Ike is probably a little OOC here, but I was having fun! lol

Yes, that is Sothe hiding up at the top. XD

Try to guess why Chrom has red-orange spots all over him. :P (hint: it isn't blood)

Dat Soren. lel

His hand (the one on his hip) looks weirdly tiny. I think its the fingers being too short. /shrug Theres also some odd unsymmetrical stuff going on with his Ragnell hand. I cant quite put my finger on it but it looks like the alignment is off. Colors are nice doe.

Yeah I love how Soren came out. XD

You're right, I did make the hand too small, but I just couldn't be bothered to fix it for some reason. I also did notice that the alignment of Ike's sword hand was a bit off too, but yeah, I hate hands. >_<

Ragnell was hard to do at that angle too, ugh!

• 2 months later...

I sketched something. ^^

A fan design for Mega Rapidash. :D

MegaRapidashsketch_zpsf12d8a4e.jpg

It takes inspiration from Princess Celestia from My Little Pony. lol Its typing would be Fire/Fairy.

(and just to point out, I drew it on the back of another drawing (saves paper), so that's why you can faintly see other images. xP)

Edited by Anacybele

Aaaand colored! ^^ I love how this turned out! I colored the flames a little differently than what the sketch would've shown. I think it looks better this way. :D Also, I corrected an error I noticed. The tail should've been BEHIND the wing in the foreground. lol

_fan_design__mega_rapidash_by_great_aeth

colouring and shading look fine, though im not very in to the desing, mostly cause i feel like its a step down design wise compared to rapidash but eh alot of the megas look stupid anyways so cant really complain.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep... I like em' especially the one with Chrom in the background which kinda made me snicker and giggle.

Way better than comes out from my stuff which people's eyes.

Edited by Lord of the Cactus

• 1 month later...

So, while I plan to draw some stuff again soon, here's a different form of art that I've decided to go back to for now. Singing! I was always told that I have a good voice, I just need to work on staying on key 100% of the time. So hopefully I'm better at that now. I feel like I'm a lot better than I was a couple years ago or so too. I've only got two videos for now, but I'll do more in the future. Expect a lot of Disney since I'm most familiar with that music and I love it. lol And of course, you can expect Christmas music come late November! ^^

My first video is a performance that ended up being popular when I did it at a bar during the karaoke session. It's also one of my favorites. ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKgGYR5oQ9E

Note: I intentionally didn't do all of Zazu's lines because it wouldn't have been possible with the music in the background. I also apologize for my voice being a lot louder, as having a youtube video playing as I recorded was the only way I could think of to get the music in. I also think I messed up a bit on the Zazu lines that I DID do, erg...

Secondly, I did what I think is my best song from Disney. It's another one of my favorites too! However, I couldn't find a karaoke version of this one, so I had to leave it as only my voice. You can find a video of the original song here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icbAEXpcOT0

I don't think I'm an expert or anything at this, but I hope it's enjoyable. ^^ I just like to sing as a hobby. Takes my mind off troubles and it makes working more fun!

Edited by Anacybele

• 1 month later...

So, new piece, but one not related to any games or anything. It's an original work. I decided I wanted to start selling my art (if it's worth any money...). :P I think I do horses better than anything since they're my favorite animals and I studied drawing them awhile back. So here's a chestnut horse in a flowery meadow. With a rainbow.

96e6ba0079307d966d016436520f9c49-d87jqn6

I still could use some work on grass... I just haven't yet figured out a better method than the old smudge tool. But overall, I like how it came out. Now it's just a matter of figuring out how these dag on DA print sizes work.

• 3 weeks later...

So, for awhile, I wasn't sure what to draw next, it was either going to be another FE: Dawn of Darkness character, or maybe Awakening Avatar Kelli as she appears in my most recent Awakening fic, but I finally had decided on this guy instead.

8a3bb743-7950-4d90-b24b-ce47963fb5c0_zps

I can't deny it. I've kinda fallen in love with Ralph after the way I characterized him in Happy Together (that most recent Awakening fic I just mentioned). lol He's the ex-thief turned singing extraordinaire! This is how he will look when he appears again in the next story, which will take place after the events of Awakening (HT took place during the two-year time skip). Frederick's closest childhood friend, Ralph and his family eventually wound up impoverished, to the point where Ralph had to steal for them to survive. He avoided Frederick for nearly fourteen years because he didn't want his best friend to see him like that. But after a chance reunion during Happy Together, the two were able to rekindle their friendship. Ralph's incredible vocal talent was discovered when a twist of fate led him to sing the Ylisse national anthem during a tournament Frederick wound up being forced to enter. Ever since, he has sought to be a great asset to the Shepherds and joins them as the newest member. He learns swordplay and horseback riding from Frederick as well and grows into a fine soldier, both in combat and support. He is a mounted unit as a result and got his own steed, a mare whom he named Minuet (which is a musical term, of course. It's one of the many types of melodies). He looks up to Frederick as a brother figure and mentor, though the two are only a year apart in age (I write Frederick turning 26 during HT, so Ralph would be turning 25 that year). Ralph usually calls Frederick Fred, but sometimes uses his boyhood nickname "Fredster" too. Ralph is a little cowardly and somewhat pessimistic at times, but he will never accept a favor without trying to repay it and he's a friendly guy to have around. He loves music due to his passion for singing, and therefore has a musical theme with his outfit here. It's also found that he has an interest in rock/mountain climbing too, suggesting that he likes exploring and sight-seeing as well.

When Ralph is "recruited," he'd start as a level 1 Singer, with the skills Locktouch and a new skill exclusive to him, Range +1. Range +1 only works for his voice and ranged attacks, however. So to take full advantage, he'd have to use weapons such as the Levin Sword as well as sing, or reclass to something that uses other ranged weapons. It allows him to grant an extra turn to an ally two squares away and attack with a ranged weapon from up to three squares away. It cannot stack with Ralph's level 15 Singer skill, Serenade, however. That'd just be overkill, as well as OP, I think. :P Serenade lets him function like a transformed heron laguz and grant an extra turn to all adjacent allies! Ralph has Locktouch because he still retains some of his thieving skills and is willing to use them for good, such as freeing innocent hostages and snagging loot from chests for the army.

By the time Ralph appears in the next Frederick x Kelli story, however, he'd be around lv. 14 or so, as between the time of HT and the time of this upcoming fic, he'd have definitely gotten training and experience. He'll get Serenade during this next fic, though it'll obviously be written in differently than it would in the game.

Ralph's reclass options are Thief (duh lol) and Cavalier (because of Frederick).

I'm thinking I need to make his head a tad smaller here, and his sword a bit longer... I'm also not sure about the foreshortening I was trying to do with his right arm (on our left). >_<

Edited by Anacybele

lol, I'm not sure, I didn't have those in mind when I drew him... XD I only had Frederick in mind seeing as Ralph is wearing the same kind of shirt and bowtie as him. :P

I hope he looks enough like he's from the Awakening world. It's a unique design, so I couldn't really use any other characters for reference.

Yeah, I liked drawing musical notes on his cape too. ^^ His chest plate also has two of another musical symbol. It's the one that always appears at the start of a musical staff. One of them is just mirrored to give the chest plate a symmetrical look.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to add that Ralph tends to call Frederick "Fredster" lol.

Edited by Anacybele

And here he is in color! ^^

ralph__post_ht__by_great_aether-d8abof0.

I hope I fixed that arm okay... I also corrected some more small errors. I wrote a more detailed description of him here on DA too. :)

Anyone else going to comment?

Edited by Anacybele

Hmm I like the colour scheme you have for your latest picture. That said, his right arm (the left side) is looking a bit short. You could draw the cloak jutting out a little bit by the elbow and it would probably fix that, along with some highlight above the arm to give the cloak more depth. I would also use a tad lighter green on parts of his hands to make the fingers easier to distinguish. The design on his chest is nice, I like it.

Oh, thank you, Samias! And you too, Guen. :)

His arm is supposed to look short because of foreshortening. But I guess I still failed there... Ugh. Why can't I ever get that right? >_< Foreshortening seems to be as big a problem for me as hands are. Though I'm slowly improving on hands, I think...

The design on the chest plate is made up of two musical staff symbols, one of which is mirrored. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

I think the cuff of the gloves are what makes the foreshortening not read, but I could tell what you were going for. I agree, foreshortening is hard.

And yeah, I know the symbol is a cleff. I used to play piano and violin too. It's a nice pattern for a bard.