Ana's Art Returns!

Anacybele

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, erasing some of the shading/outline lines. Thanks for the tutorial, btw, I'll look at it. :)

And thanks, I'm glad I keep getting better at my art. ^^

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ike's waist seems a little too slim. And the bottom portion of the pillow on the right kind of blends into the sheets, like it's under them. Don't know if it's just me though.

Not to criticize something I can't draw myself. Looks fine other than that.

I think the specks on your sketch are coming from bits of graphite breaking off the pencil. I think you can get rid of them by going over them with an eraser.

This is just my opinion, but I think you might be a bit too timid with your shading. Your image looks a bit flat as a result. I think it would be a good idea to try and extend your range of tones to add some more volume.

RD Ike has a pretty slim waistline though. As for the pillow...I dunno, I'm not sure if I can see it, but at the same time, I don't know how I'd fix that...

And I fixed the abs, I think.

morning_sleepyheads_by_great_aether-d940

EDIT: Yeah, I don't have a lot of volume to my shading. But I don't want a super realistic style or anything, I like a bit of cartoonyness in it. Well, unless I'm actually trying to draw a realistic scene (like those horse arts, for instance).

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, Ike is a bulky guy everywhere but his waistline. That guy waists no time keeping fat away from there. lol And I used his RD portrait I just linked up there as well as Smash Bros. for reference. Both make him slimmy jimmy.

I also kept in mind the references I used when I did some shirtless Ike sprites awhile back, which showed the waistline getting gradually slimmer as you go down, and then going into a curve on both sides to show the pelvis being a little bulgy.

Edited by Anacybele

Fiddled with Ike's torso a bit more, cause something seemed off about it. I think I fixed it. Try to spot the differences. XD

morning_sleepyheads_by_great_aether-d940

Edited by Anacybele

• 3 months later...

Time to revive this yet again and update. This time with another Ike art, him as a football QB. ^^

quarterback_ike_by_great_aether-d9hkjmg.

It's RD Ike btw, since I think he has the perfect build for a QB. He's tall and those muscles would give him one heck of a throwing arm! He'd mainly be a pocket passer, methinks. Guess why his number is 9. lol Read more on my DA. :)

Oh, also, the pose is from a photo of Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger.

Edited by Anacybele

• 4 weeks later...

So, a bit of a different sort of update this time. I recorded myself singing some of Azura's song from Fates, because I think it's so awesome and I think I sound a lot like her. Enough that I could've voiced her, in fact. :P

I like to sing too, though only as a hobby, I don't plan to make a career out of it or anything. ^^;

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1zsp7yXElQ4

It isn't perfect, I sorta messed up the "just out of reach" line. xP

Well, that was well voiced! I mean, beautiful vocal chords and all of that, the timing was also pretty accurate, but the intonation drops a little many times.

Just as Mikoto once said to Azura: "don't song with fear", because is what I detect at times. Don't feel embarrassed, you do well anyway on your own, ; )

Thanks! And I see, but what does intonation mean though? I do need to work on not being nervous, I agree with that. xP Stupid stage fright. lol

Anyway, I just did a few more recordings, this time using some of my favorite Christmas carols for the holidays. :)

Hark the Herald Angels Sing (just the first verse because I think it'd end up really long if I did all of them)

Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree

We Three Kings (and I didn't think this one would end up as long as it did...lol)

The First Noel (I always found the lyrics rather difficult to follow in this one, so I stuck with the first two verses)

I think that second one needs a bit of work... lol

Thanks! And I see, but what does intonation mean though? I do need to work on not being nervous, I agree with that. xP Stupid stage fright. lol

What I said, the tone of your own voice differs a little too much at times.

There has been a quite nice improvement in your last recording works though, keep it up! ;)

Oh, and merry christmas everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is /late but staying "in tune" means you're singing a consistent pitch without going sharp or flat. Idk how much music knowledge you have but within each note there is "in tune", flat (which means you're going below the pitch) and sharp (going above). Intonation is just a sum of all of that. You're staying on key quite well, it's just that the intonation is varying in each pitch (which is what I think Erdall was trying to say).

You have a quite nice singing voice though! I think what will help with intonation is singing the notes in your head before you sing it out loud; it's what helps band people start notes in tune.

Yeah, I don't have a lot of music knowledge. xP

But I think I understand what you're saying. Although, I do already do the singing the notes in your head thing. And thanks! :)

• 1 month later...

Finally time for a new art! And it's sorta Easter-related. :)

Jerecbunnysketch_zpsktdne6g8.png

It's Jerec, one of my FE fan characters, with some bunnies. He may not look like it, but he loves bunnies. lol I still think hands and foreshortening are the bane of me though. >_<

And this is the first time I've drawn bunnies and someone sitting cross-legged, so some advice here would be much appreciated as well. :P

Edited by Anacybele

I think the legs are looking pretty solid and the bunnies sure are cute! That hand angle is pretty tough to draw, I think the biggest thing is that arm bend could be drawn with a curved line in the back and it would already look more foreshortened. That, and the way the cloak line is touching the hand makes it look a little off. The cloak follows the sleeve and then goes into the hand making it look like one continuous line. Maybe redraw the cloak to appear more like it's flowing over the arm by adding some more lines across, then define the arm more. I'm not sure if this makes any sense in text.

I think the legs are looking pretty solid and the bunnies sure are cute! That hand angle is pretty tough to draw, I think the biggest thing is that arm bend could be drawn with a curved line in the back and it would already look more foreshortened. That, and the way the cloak line is touching the hand makes it look a little off. The cloak follows the sleeve and then goes into the hand making it look like one continuous line. Maybe redraw the cloak to appear more like it's flowing over the arm by adding some more lines across, then define the arm more. I'm not sure if this makes any sense in text.

I understand the thing about the foreshortening, but not really about the cloak. I'll still see what I can do though. Thanks, Samias. :) You know, I often look at your art for reference for dynamic posing, because I think you're really good at that! Your poses always look so natural!

awww....those bunnies are so cute!

That's why Jerec loves them! They're so cute. ^^

Colored! :D Made a few tweaks too, including what you pointed out, Samias. Well, I tried, anyway. That means the cloak too. :) Also tried a different technique for grass this time, and I find I like this better than how I used to do it, though it's more tedious.

jerec_s_not_so_big_secret_by_great_aethe

Edited by Anacybele