Ana's Art Returns!

Anacybele

I think you are thinking of the wrong character, because he doesn't look anything like Kieran to me except for having a fairly close hair color... xP

Kieran is the red cavalier knight. I did end up making Jerec look a bit like a squintless Oscar though... But that doesn't bother me, after all, some unrelated people do share characteristics. :P

If you're actually thinking of Bryce, the older and red-haired Daein Rider that's always with Ashnard, then that's intentional, because Jerec is his son.

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colored! :D Made a few tweaks too, including what you pointed out, Samias. Well, I tried, anyway. That means the cloak too. :) Also tried a different technique for grass this time, and I find I like this better than how I used to do it, though it's more tedious.

jerec_s_not_so_big_secret_by_great_aethe

According to the shadows, the light is coming from the right of the picture, but most of the values on the characters don't reflect that well. For example, the brown and white rabbit should be having Jerec's shadow cast on them. Also the right of Jerec's face (his right) should have more shadows on it, as is typical in this sort of anime style.

Sorry, but I don't see it. The light source coming from the upper right looks clear enough to me.

Also, what about the actual picture itself rather than just shadows? I just prefer hearing more than just "this is off, kthnxbai."

Edited by Anacybele

Sorry, but I don't see it. The light source coming from the upper right looks clear enough to me.

Also, what about the actual picture itself rather than just shadows? I just prefer hearing more than just "this is off, kthnxbai."

To elborate, you see that the brown rabbit is standing in Jerec's shadow, but the shading on it is no different from the grey rabbit, which is standing in the sunlight. Even it's foot, which is directly touching the shadow, is lit like it were in perfect light. The way you shade things in general seems arbitrary. It's like you know the shades should be there, but you don't have a complete grasp of how light interacts with all the different shapes.

The end result is that the image looks flat, and not in any way that's appealing.

Okay, there, I probably should've put more shading on its lower body. But since it's also standing up over Jerec's knee, it should still have some sunlight on it. But I see now.

I don't agree that the image looks flat though. It's not the deepest art piece ever, no, but it's not flat either.

EDIT: Okay, added shading to not just the brown rabbit, but Jerec's face and the white rabbit as well... Oh, and I added grass highlights to places where I noticed I forgot to.

jerec_s_not_so_big_secret_by_great_aethe

Now I kinda don't want to do anything more with this. xP

Edited by Anacybele

I booted up Art Academy for the first time in quite awhile and made this due to an RP I'm doing. :P

lartz__accurse_state__by_great_aether-d9

It's another FE fan character, Lartz, the wolf laguz Branded, using his unique Accurse skill. Read more here. I also posted it on Miiverse, of course! I'll do his actual concept art another time.

No, his appearance isn't based off of Ike. xP I just felt like there should be more standard blue-haired guys that aren't lords. Or in this case, that aren't Ike. The messy-ness of Lartz's hair is simply from the fact that laguz often have messy hair. He really has a lot more on his mind than keeping his hair neat anyway. Oh yeah, he normally has brown eyes, btw, they're just red here because of Accurse.

Edited by Anacybele

• 1 month later...

After playing so much Disney Art Academy and Pokemon Art Academy, I thought it was also time to do some new art in Photoshop as well! I actually learned some things from these games too, and tried them out again here. They actually kinda did help! I think I would've taken a lot longer to make this otherwise. :P Although, I have to admit that finding a really good reference pic helped as well (and a certain screenshot of RD Ike has his head at nearly the same angle, so it helped as well!). I used one because this is the first time I've drawn this kind of piece. But anyway!

We get a new daddy Ike this time! :3 I've actually wanted to draw this for awhile, as I've few Ike fanarts that don't include Elincia or do include him with his kids (fankids I created, of course), and Father's Day is around the corner anyway. ^^ It's more ambiguous here since the child's an infant in this case, but it's still Ike holding his newborn child close and lovingly! I'll add more detail to Ike's hair as I color it. Still trying to do better hands though...

IkebabyKaellineart_zpsejs3ykl3.png

"I'll never be distant from you."

Edited by Anacybele

After playing so much Disney Art Academy and Pokemon Art Academy, I thought it was also time to do some new art in Photoshop as well! I actually learned some things from these games too, and tried them out again here. They actually kinda did help! I think I would've taken a lot longer to make this otherwise. :P Although, I have to admit that finding a really good reference pic helped as well (and a certain screenshot of RD Ike has his head at nearly the same angle, so it helped as well!). I used one because this is the first time I've drawn this kind of piece. But anyway!

We get a new daddy Ike this time! :3 I've actually wanted to draw this for awhile, as I've few Ike fanarts that don't include Elincia or do include him with his kids (fankids I created, of course), and Father's Day is around the corner anyway. ^^ It's more ambiguous here since the child's an infant in this case, but it's still Ike holding his newborn child close and lovingly! I'll add more detail to Ike's hair as I color it. Still trying to do better hands though...

IkebabyKaellineart_zpsejs3ykl3.png

"I'll never be distant from you."

Nice, but I see Ike hasn't embraced the beard, yet. We don't have enough bearded Fire Emblem guys.

Yeah, I headcanon Ike to not get his goatee until mid-late thirties or so. He's still young here since his child was just born. :P

But thanks, Rezzy. :)

All done! :D And due to a suggestion, I edited the baby's hood to cover his ears.

i_ll_never_be_distant_from_you_by_great_

I made the background all sunshiny because I headcanon that Ike tells his children that they brought the brightest ray of sunshine to his life. The guy HAS been through a lot of tough stuff, you know. :P

Edited by Anacybele

• 3 weeks later...

I drew some fan Pokemon for the first time in awhile! I blame Sun and Moon hype. lol

some_more_fan_pokemon__by_great_aether-d

I felt like using my Crayola twistable pencils and the sketchbook they came with, even though I'm really not great at using traditional coloring tools. I'm only good with Photoshop there (and I will recolor these in it, eventually). xP I screwed up some of the shading, as you can see... And I had to make a few little edits with Paint's colored pencil tool.

But here's the info I've come up with for these three. :)

Name: Buntenna
Type: Electric
Species: Rabbit Pokemon

Abilities: Lightning Rod, Motor Drive (hidden)

Stats:
HP: **
Attack: **
Defense: **
Special Attack: ***
Special Defense: *
Speed: ***

Known Moves: Thundershock, Nuzzle, Thunderbolt, Swift, Quick Attack, Agility, Charm, and others.

Evolution: Joltalope via a Thunder Stone.

Origin: Based on a rabbit. Its name is a combination of "bunny" and "antenna." Its pink cheeks are a reference to the Energizer bunny (and the no-longer-used-in-NA Duracell bunny).

Name: Joltalope
Type: Electric
Species: Antenna Pokemon

Abilities: Lightning Rod, Motor Drive (hidden)

Stats:
HP: ***
Defense: ***
Special Attack: ****
Special Defense: **
Speed: *****

Known Moves: Thundershock, Nuzzle, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Discharge, Swift, Quick Attack, Agility, Charm, and others.

Evolution: From Buntenna via a Thunder Stone.

Origin: Based on a jackalope, a mythical rabbit that has deer-like antlers. Its antlers are antennae. Its name is a combination of "jolt" and "jackalope."

Name: Phinmi
Type: Water/Fairy
Species: Dolphin Pokemon

Abilities: Swift Swim, Rain Dish, Water Absorb (hidden)

Stats:
HP: ***
Defense: ***
Special Attack: ****
Special Defense: **
Speed: ***

Known Moves: Bubble, Bubblebeam, Water Pulse, Play Rough, Draining Kiss, Aqua Ring, Swift, and others.

Evolution: Orcantic at lv. 38

Origin: Based on a bottle-nosed dolphin. Its name is a combination of "dolphin" and "Miami" as in the Miami Dolphins NFL team.

Edited by Anacybele

I like the fan pokes, especially the bunny Raichu. It would be nice if this gen's Pikaclone actually evolved. I seem to have trouble finding Electric types I like using, I think the last time I kept one on my team the whole time was Mareep.

I think we're still without a legit dolphin pokemon, unless you count Kyogre. I'd be surprised if they didn't add one in Sun and Moon.

Am I the only one who mentally thinks Pokemon: Sailor Moon every time I hear Pokemon: Sun and Moon?

Yeah, and even then, Kyogre resembles an orca whale more than other dolphins. So I was like, we really need a bottle-nosed dolphin or something. :P Dolphins are one of my favorite animals too.

Actually, I think I've seen someone else say that it reminds them of Sailor Moon too. XD But I'm reminded of my Zelda fic every time myself (because it also has a sun and moon theme). :P

I don't know why but I thought Joltalope was Electric/Ground at first sight.

I wish it was since the last pokémon that was Electric/Ground was a complete mess.

I wish it was since the last pokémon that was Electric/Ground was a complete mess.

I think the only one is Stunfisk, right? I wouldn't mind a Pikaclone being Electric/Ground. It would give them some nice variety. They've taken baby steps with giving them dual typing now, they just need to let them evolve if they want to keep up this tradition.

I think the only one is Stunfisk, right? I wouldn't mind a Pikaclone being Electric/Ground. It would give them some nice variety. They've taken baby steps with giving them dual typing now, they just need to let them evolve if they want to keep up this tradition.

Yeah, Stunfisk is a complete mess and would be forgotten if not for his ''popularity'' on the Internet.

As for the Pikaclones, I found out an interesting video from a girl youtuber named ''TamashiiHiroka'' where she rated the Pikaclones and she rated the clones by how they represent something new from the generation.

Pichu: Baby pokémons

Plusle and Minun: Double battles

Pachirisu: Maybe wireless connection but that's really pushing it

Emolga: Black and white... yea

Dedene: Fairy type

Yeah, Stunfisk is a complete mess and would be forgotten if not for his ''popularity'' on the Internet.

As for the Pikaclones, I found out an interesting video from a girl youtuber named ''TamashiiHiroka'' where she rated the Pikaclones and she rated the clones by how they represent something new from the generation.

Pichu: Baby pokémons

Plusle and Minun: Double battles

Pachirisu: Maybe wireless connection but that's really pushing it

Emolga: Black and white... yea

Dedene: Fairy type

Yeah, I think I saw that video. I'm subbed to her on Youtube.

I'm not a fan of Pikaclones in general for reasons mentioned above. I'm also not a big fan of baby pokemon. I think taking an already cute pokemon and trying to make a cute version of it is a bit excessive. (Yeah, the one who won't shut up about how great her baby is hates baby pokemon. I'm such a hypocrite.)

Yeah, I think I saw that video. I'm subbed to her on Youtube.

I'm not a fan of Pikaclones in general for reasons mentioned above. I'm also not a big fan of baby pokemon. I think taking an already cute pokemon and trying to make a cute version of it is a bit excessive. (Yeah, the one who won't shut up about how great her baby is hates baby pokemon. I'm such a hypocrite.)

Baby pokémons are a pain when they don't evolve quickly, I remember when I played X for the second time, my goddamn Azurill took forever to evolve. She had time to learn friken Bounce (she was past level 20, she was getting destroyed by team flare's houndooms).

Edited by Nym

I don't really mind Pikachu clones or baby Pokemon, so long as they're good designs. :P

We just had a Ground type rabbit though (Diggersby. And while Bunnelby isn't Ground type, it learns a lot of Ground type moves). Just Electric is more original. :P

...You know, I think I can improve the faces on the bunnies though. I'll do that when I feel like coloring them again in Photoshop.

I don't really mind Pikachu clones or baby Pokemon, so long as they're good designs. :P

We just had a Ground type rabbit though (Diggersby. And while Bunnelby isn't Ground type, it learns a lot of Ground type moves). Just Electric is more original. :P

...You know, I think I can improve the faces on the bunnies though. I'll do that when I feel like coloring them again in Photoshop.

Yeah me too, I absolutely hate Pokémons without evolutions thought, they are kinda ruining the point of the game. Most of them are also forgotten (Maractus, anyone?).

Yeah I know :3, but rabbits make homes in the ground so it would makes sense to give a rabbit pokémon Ground type.

This is like if you would not give a water type on a fish pokémon. Actually, is there any fish pokémon that is not water type, I can't even remember...

Edited by Nym

Yeah me too, I absolutely hate Pokémons without evolutions thought, they are kinda ruining the point of the game. Most of them are also forgotten (Maractus, anyone?).

Yeah I know :3, but rabbits make homes in the ground so it would makes sense to give a rabbit pokémon Ground type.

This is like if you would not give a water type on a fish pokémon. Actually, is there any fish pokémon that is not water type, I can't even remember...

How could you forget Stunfisk?

How could you forget Stunfisk?

Oh god, the irony.

​To be fair, it look like more like a pancake with 2 eyes flattened by a truck.

Edited by Nym

Well, we have a Water type rabbit and a Normal type one (who can Mega evolve into a Fighting type as well). They don't HAVE to be Ground type.