Ana's Art Returns!

Anacybele

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too, a shiny one since it turns blue

This makes me want to see the rumored Fire Emblem x Pokemon crossover.

Pokémon conquest (I swear I would play that game if I had the chance).

Since when was there a rumor that an FE x Pokemon game was coming? I thought that idea was thrown out the window due to Pokemon Conquest. And Pokemon Conquest isn't FE x Pokemon, it's Pokemon x Nobunaga's Ambition.

Not that I wouldn't ever want to see FE x Pokemon, it'd be neat, I'm just saying. xP I'd prefer FE x Zelda or FE Warriors first though.

But enough about that, this is my art thread, not a crossover discussion. :P

You can, Power Master? Or was that sarcasm? o.O

Yeah, I can. Makes total sense to me. :):

I can also see him with a Moltres or some other firebird Pokemon.

Or maybe a Machamp :P:

Edited by Power Master

I've heard rumors off and on about Fire Emblem x Pokemon for year, but I don't pay close enough attention to Nintendo news to know how credible the rumors are.

If it did happen, it would have to be called "Fire Type Emblem".

I haven't heard anything about it, but I'm sure it would a big event should it be announced.

In the mean time, someone make a thread for it so we can start pairing characters with Pokemon!

In the mean time, someone make a thread for it so we can start pairing characters with Pokemon!

That's already a thing actually.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=59816

It's a month old though, so we might need to make a new one after all...

Edited by TrueEm

Um...thanks? I don't understand if that means I was bad before and am just okay now, or I was okay before, but pretty good now. I don't think my art is super amazing or anything, but I don't think it's bad/just okay either. :P

I think I could improve my coloring techniques. I feel my stuff could look a little less flat. So I'm kinda experimenting there with this Ike and Braviary pic.

And Power Master, there's a thread like that in the Pokemon board already. lol But still, I don't think we'll be seeing such a game since Pokemon Conquest exists. It'd be too similar, I bet. At the very least, I think we'll be seeing Emblem Warriors first since it's one of the most requested crossovers right now.

Edited by Anacybele

Finally finished coloring! I had a bit of a problem with my tablet, but all's good now. :P I think I somewhat improved my coloring/shading skills too!

we_fight_for_our_friends__by_great_aethe

Edited by Anacybele

I think Ike's jaw/chin just needs to be sharpened up? It is your art style but it does give Ike a little bit of a baby face. You could also move his eyes, nose, and mouth up a little bit more for some more chin space. Otherwise I think his face and expression is pretty close to Ike's. If I had one major critique to give here, it's that your curves for your lineart is a little bit too smooth and sometimes it flattens out foreshortening. There's great detail and care given to Braviary's talons and they look amazing with very much improved shading. However, the smooth lines and shading make the body lose some volume to it and make it feel very flat. Likewise, Ike has a lot of care and attention put into his face and shoulders but he starts to feel more flat the further down the body you go. I'd say don't be afraid to put more of the image in shadow!

Yeah, that might've made the face a little better. xP

I don't understand what you mean about the lines though. If they're not smooth, wouldn't that then make them real sharp and choppy?

Smooth was probably the wrong word. Linear or mechanical might be closer to what I was trying to get at. Since you use a fixed width brush with very straight lines, then shade linear banded widths along those lines, it tends to flatten things out. Your curves on opposite ends also tend to have the same degree of curvature, but you could try a contrasting shape instead. Like if one curve looked like a C, the other half could look like an S. When I get home from work I could draw up some examples.

In your own piece, parts that have good curves would be the feathers on Braviary's head, the talons, and the tip of the wings. The parts that have "bad" curves would be Braviary's beak and the bottom of Ike's cape that has folded over.

Yeah, some examples would be nice, because I'm afraid I still don't understand. >_<

And the bottom of Ike's cape is tattered, that's probably why it looks like that.

Well, in the meantime, I've actually been in a big drawing mood lately, so I made a new sketch!

Melaniesketch_zpsocvgkyvi.png

Remember this guy? From my huge pile of FE fan characters? Well, this is Jerec's eventual wife, Melanie! I decided on a portrait because the dress is really generic. There's not much we're missing out on below the waistline here. XD I mean, I still tried to make it a little unique to show that Melanie is her own character rather than generic village girl #44 but still.

I know, she probably looks kind of like Hana without color. But honest to goodness, I actually had this design in mind for her before Fates was even announced. It's coincidence that Hana happened to get similar hair. Melanie has a totally different hair and eye color though, and she doesn't fight. So the similarities between the two end here, really.

(Btw, I actually screwed up the highlights in the eyes in the actual sketch, so I fixed 'em in Paint before showing them here so we don't have to look at totally ruined eyes lol)

Ooo, I like that sketch. I feel the pupils could be a bit smaller, but that's really up to you.

I also haven't really gotten a feel for your style yet either, so it might be a bit biased.

also is it me or does she not have hips. or the skirt is really high, which could be a reason.

Edited by TrueEm

That girl is pretty cute. I might move her nose slightly up but that's about it for her face. Maybe a little bit more white of the eye for her right eye (our left) so she can look over a bit more.

Are you ok if I draw over your Braviary and Ike? I can write up notes on some things more easily that way.

Yeah, I was thinking of adjusting her facial features a bit like that myself. It's just that with the way I erase, I'd have seriously smudged the thing up if I tried to fix those in the sketch. I try not to make dark lines, but by the time I noticed what you're saying, I'd already finished shading in the eyes.

Thanks, Samias. :) And sure, go ahead! I don't mind when permission is asked and I feel it'll be helpful.

Big-ish eyes tends to be a thing with Tellius/Senri Kita style tho, especially with young females and kids. Melanie here is around 20-22 (Jerec is 27 by the time he meets Melanie, so I couldn't make her too young here lol). But I do think I could size down the pupils and irises a tad.