Fire Emblem Characters' Favorite Pokemon

Alastor15243

So I was recently reading up on Illusory Revelations' history and discovered that APPARENTLY, Intelligent Systems went to the Pokemon people first to pitch a crossover with fire emblem, but they turned them down because they were already doing a crossover with Nobunaga's Ambition to create the tactical RPG Pokemon Conquest. This instantly put one question in my mind. Suppose that happened. Suppose they created a game where Fire Emblem characters were also Pokemon trainers who fought alongside their Pokemon. Not only would that be the best game ever and would've blown Illusory Revelations out of the water even if it didn't gain all the controversy it did, but that just begs the question in my mind:

Who would pick which Pokemon? What Pokemon do you see going together well with existing Fire Emblem characters?

Personally I think one of the lords would go with Empoleon, probably Chrom or Marth. That guy's so regal he's got a goddamned trident for a beak!

Robin? Definitely Gallade, perfect harmony of swords and mindwork suits him amazingly, and he'd probably also have a bunch of other psychic/fighting combos too.

Any other thoughts on this topic? (Please, to keep this as inclusive a thread as possible, don's spoil any Fire Emblem games, especially not Fates)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucario might be a favorite among lords.

I can easily see Aegislash being common among lords, kings, or enemy royal bosses.

Based on some of the flashback scenes in the 8th Pokemon movie (Lucario and the Mystery of Mew), I can see Charizard, Tyranitar, Aggron, Onix, and Steelix being commonly deployed among armies.

Lucario might be a favorite among lords.

I can easily see Aegislash being common among lords, kings, or enemy royal bosses.

Based on some of the flashback scenes in the 8th Pokemon movie (Lucario and the Mystery of Mew), I can see Charizard, Tyranitar, Aggron, Onix, and Steelix being commonly deployed among armies.

Aegislash is definitely in Zephiel's team (note to self : naming my Aegislash Eckesacks)

I can also see a lot of Hydreigons on the final bosses team. Some Spiritomb here and there, too.

Somehow I can see Leafeon in Lyn's team

Jaffar and Bisharp are the ones that come first in my mind

Oh yeah. Big time.

I believe it's common knowledge by now how Emmeryn and Bagon are the perfect match.

That... is a really really sick joke. I love it.

Edited by Alastor15243

Final Bosses as legendary Pokémon:

Earth Dragon Medeus: Zygarde

Duma: Kyurem

Shadow Dragon Medeus:Giratina

Julius: Darkrai

Veld: Hoopa

Idoun: Rayquaza

Fire Dragon: Reshiram

Fomortiis: Zekrom

Ashnard: Mega Charizard X (don't care if not legendary, Ashnard is not that powerful compared to the others)

Ashera: Arceus

Grima: Yveltal

Edited by Hylian Air Force

So I was recently reading up on Illusory Revelations' history and discovered that APPARENTLY, Intelligent Systems went to the Pokemon people first to pitch a crossover with fire emblem, but they turned them down because they were already doing a crossover with Nobunaga's Ambition to create the tactical RPG Pokemon Conquest.

Wow, I'm not sure I knew this! Pokemon Conquest is hands-down my favorite Pokemon spinoff title. It was so fun. A Pokemon/FE would be even better, those are like my 2 favorite franchises.

Anyway, I've always pictured Ryouma and Raichu side by side. They fit together well and also would be a hilarious visual contrast.

• 1 month later...

You know what also would be good? (From Binding Blade)

post-18980-0-07436500-1457767752.jpg Dorothy: Oh, gosh, Father's chasing other girls' skirts again! That's it! Time to take the matter into my own bows! *Gets a Pokeball out* Croagunk, come on out!

post-18980-0-72761200-1457767750_thumb.jpg Croagunk: Croagunk!

post-18980-0-07436500-1457767752.jpg Dorothy: All right, Croagunk. Go and lightly Poison-Jab Father Saul. It's that guy with the blue hair and a staff.

post-18980-0-72761200-1457767750_thumb.jpg Croagunk: *nods to Dorothy* Croagunk!

-scene changes-

post-18980-0-03264700-1457767754.png Saul: ...And you are a follower of the Elimine Church as well! This must surely be fate. Please, let us meet this evening and we shall discuss the love of God in great depth.

post-18980-0-24701700-1457767753.jpg Elen: Yes, I would love to. Shall we set up a time now? Any time would wor- huh? Saul! Behind you!

post-18980-0-03264700-1457767754.png Saul: Wha- gwa!!! *POISON-JABBED!!!* Uuuuuuuuugggggghhhhhh... damn you Dorothy...

post-18980-0-72761200-1457767750_thumb.jpg *Croagunk drags Saul away.*

I'll give you a Havanian cigar if you know which Pokémon media and characters this is based on.

Edited by henrymidfields

You know what also would be good? (From Binding Blade)

attachicon.gifPortrait_dorothy_fe06 copy.jpg Dorothy: Oh, gosh, Father's chasing other girls' skirts again! That's it! Time to take the matter into my own bows! *Gets a Pokeball out* Croagunk, come on out!attachicon.gifcroagunk.jpg Croagunk: Croagunk!attachicon.gifPortrait_dorothy_fe06 copy.jpg Dorothy: All right, Croagunk. Go and lightly Poison-Jab Father Saul. It's that guy with the blue hair and a staff.attachicon.gifcroagunk.jpg Croagunk: *nods to Dorothy* Croagunk!-scene changes-attachicon.gifPortrait_Saul_fe06.png Saul: ...And you are a follower of the Elimine Church as well! This must surely be fate. Please, let us meet this evening and we shall discuss the love of God in great depth.attachicon.gifPortrait_elen_fe06 copy.jpg Elen: Yes, I would love to. Shall we set up a time now? Any time would wor- huh? Saul! Behind you!attachicon.gifPortrait_Saul_fe06.png Saul: Wha- gwa!!! *POISON-JABBED!!!* Uuuuuuuuugggggghhhhhh... damn you Dorothy...attachicon.gifcroagunk.jpg *Croagunk drags Saul away.*

I'll give you a Havanian cigar if you know which Pokémon media and characters this is based on.

The anime and Brock, now where is my cigar?

I think Ursaring would be nice to Ymir

And Meloetta to both Ninian and Nils

Ohhhh, I can think of a few.

- Gaius/Slurpuff

- Tharja/Mismagius

- I can see Soren with a Sigilyph

- Tormod could have a Pyroar (Since he's a fire mage who fights for the Cat/Tiger Laguz)

- Micaiah could have a Swanna due to her <spoiler>Swan blood passed from Lehran.</spoiler>

- Anna/Persian

- Cherche/Salamence

- I second that Henry could have a Honchkrow

- Lucina could have some kind of butterfly like Butterfree or Vivillon

- Corrin would obviously end up with Dialga eventually since I'm pretty sure they're cousins or something

- Azura would need a graceful water Pokemon like Milotic

- Kaze/Sycther

- Shura/Pangoro

- Elise/Gothitelle

- Nyx I can see with a Banette

- Camilla/Hydreigon

- Benny's best friends are bears so he can have an Ursaring

- Flora/Froslass

- Forrest could have a Leavanny to help him make clothes

- Ignatius deserves a Shedinja since he's afraid of bugs and ghosts

- Ophelia/Carbink

- Rinkah/Darmanitan

- Sakura/Cherubi

- Hana/Sawsbuck

- Orochi/Arbok

- Ryoma/Crawdaunt, naturally

Don't know about enemy units, but I know there would be Ninjask everywhere.

I second Lucina with a Vivillon and Ryoma with a Raichu.

For Robin, I have but one answer:

[spoiler=Robin's Pokemon]

lucarobin_by_lunchwere-d8phxh9.png

I see Validar perhaps being yet another villain obsessed with capturing Celebi. Valter would deserve a Hydreigon to ride. Gaius + Slurpuff was meant to be. Joshua + Electrode (Electrode is super-fast and then there's Voltorb Flip; need I say more?).

EDIT:

[spoiler=Totally Relevant]

Threw this together today after seeing this thread. Enjoy!

fe_raichu_by_rethel34-d9w4kqo.png

Edited by Rethel34

Ohhhh, I can think of a few.

- Gaius/Slurpuff

- Tharja/Mismagius

- I can see Soren with a Sigilyph

- Tormod could have a Pyroar (Since he's a fire mage who fights for the Cat/Tiger Laguz)

- Micaiah could have a Swanna due to her <spoiler>Swan blood passed from Lehran.</spoiler>

- Anna/Persian

- Cherche/Salamence

- I second that Henry could have a Honchkrow

- Lucina could have some kind of butterfly like Butterfree or Vivillon

- Corrin would obviously end up with Dialga eventually since I'm pretty sure they're cousins or something

- Azura would need a graceful water Pokemon like Milotic

- Kaze/Sycther

- Shura/Pangoro

- Elise/Gothitelle

- Nyx I can see with a Banette

- Camilla/Hydreigon

- Benny's best friends are bears so he can have an Ursaring

- Flora/Froslass

- Forrest could have a Leavanny to help him make clothes

- Ignatius deserves a Shedinja since he's afraid of bugs and ghosts

- Ophelia/Carbink

- Rinkah/Darmanitan

- Sakura/Cherubi

- Hana/Sawsbuck

- Orochi/Arbok

- Ryoma/Crawdaunt, naturally

Don't know about enemy units, but I know there would be Ninjask everywhere.

Nah, Ryoma should have a Kingler because Big. Meaty. Claws

I can imagine Dart with Sharpedo because pirates, Team Aqua were pirates and Archie had a Sharpedo

Most Wyvern Riders would have dragons and the one I truly imagined having a Salamence would be either Vaida or Cormag.