Ana's Art Returns!

Anacybele

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah it's pretty time-consuming but the results speak for themselves. It's also nice in that any paletting and shading skills you may have picked up in mugging transfer over smoothly.

Okay, so I did some practice with a quick sketch for Furetchen.

Furetchenrequest_zps5512635a.png

I don't have a lot of experience with heavyset people...or actual lips. xP Furetchen wanted me to try drawing another heavyset person though, namely one of his/her characters. This took me maybe an hour to do total? Dunno. I just know it didn't take long.

Now for my next sketch! Well, sketch in progress. It's not finished yet. lol

FxFAweddingsketch1_zps247eb5b7.png

It's my first Awakening fanart! My Avatar Kelli and Frederick are newlyweds! ^^

I want to add a few more details to the clothes though, and of course add a background. Those two circles on the left will be the heads of Chrom and Lissa.

I just thought I'd show what I have now so I can fix what needs fixed before darkening all my lines and adding too much (though a few are dark already...I hate when I darken lines without realizing. >_<).

EDIT: Oh also, I (sort of) used a reference for their pose, so hopefully it was reliable.

Edited by Anacybele

Huh? There's a thing called foreshortening, which I was using on her legs. Also, Fred's a tall guy compared to medium build female Avatar, I noticed.

Well, I went by a reference when doing her (well, the lower half of the body), so I guess it wasn't reliable after all. Hrm, what to do...

Edited by Anacybele

I'm sure. The title of the piece is Couples - Poses Chart, after all. :P:

But shoot, this is a problem I DON'T know how to fix...

Edited by Anacybele

I'm sure. The title of the piece is Couples - Poses Chart, after all. :P:

But shoot, this is a problem I DON'T know how to fix...

> implying someone on dA couldn't get something wrong

anyway

just go look for a better reference

holding someone bridal style is fairly common, it shouldn't be hard to find a good picture

> implying someone on dA couldn't get something wrong

anyway

just go look for a better reference

holding someone bridal style is fairly common, it shouldn't be hard to find a good picture

I did, though I only looked when I searched "couple poses" on DA. I should search "wedding" this time.

Photo references are better than drawing references. People can fuck up, but photos depict what's actually a thing.

Unless they're 'shopped but hopefully you'll find stuff that's not 'shopped.

I'd suggest stock photo sites over DA by a long margin.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Yeah, you guys are right. I just thought I'd try DA first since I was already there (and DA has photos too, not just art). But I was going to go to Google next anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

Awwwwww yet that girl still looks taller than me ;A; You all should be more considerate of the short peoplez, because apparently they're not allowed in drawings ;n; (jk though, I'm sure it's just because I'm sure Ana didn't intend her to be short so she should find a reference of her not being so short~)

Haha, thanks Freohr. I decided to make her somewhat taller anyway, lol. Though truth be told, I AM pretty short myself. Just my Avatar is taller. XD

Almost done with the details here. I just need to figure out this damned wedding dress. Argh. I designed one once, but I was drawing the bride just standing there holding a bouquet that time. xP

Oh, that reminds me, my Avatar does have a bouquet, you just can't see it because it's in her right hand, which is hidden behind Frederick.

Okay, here is my final sketch, at last! Well, minus the background. XD

FxFAsweddingketch2_zps631abcf5.png

I made my Avatar a bit taller and added the rest of the details to their outfits. I also changed Kelli's veil. Now I can finally work on Chrom, Lissa, and the background...once I get some ideas for it. xP

Edited by Anacybele