[FE8] Lockstep Draft

Paperblade

Integ you sound a bit different then I imagined, nice commentary.

Horace I loved your music pick, Sonic 2 ost FTW

Paper, I feel sorry for you man lol. You took Shin's usually terrible luck from him

Shin and Raven.. I don't have much to say on yours except nice runs on those maps

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RAVEN YOU BASTARDDDDD I actually had a chance of winning this one :(

EDIT:

Integ you sound a bit different then I imagined, nice commentary.

hey how did you think i would sound

EDIT2: I just realized I forgot to provide a save. \o/

Edited by Mr. Sparkles

^ yeah me too but i just kinda knew i wasn't the first done haha

also fuck chapter 5

took me a lot less time to find a good Ch. 5 strat than Ch. 4

then again that assumes my times qualify as good

C5 without Franz is actually one of my favorite experiences about drafting. It very often makes for one of those team cohesion exercises like FE4 F.

I'm still waiting for my dinner, and I will be watching the videos while I eat, but in the meantime. . .

The purpose of this draft is to roll with what you've got, not memorize the RNG. If I notice things working out TOO well for way too much of the chapter, I will not be happy.

EDIT: I don't mind AI manipulation.

Edited by eclipse

Noting that Eir eats it if she attacks on turn 1 of Chapter 4 is one thing. Seeing that many Rapier criticals, or several high-percentage dodges on the same map is another story.

Missing a single Chapter 5.

Well, that took a while, because lives started picking up (like mine).

THOUGHTS

- 3/5 of you went the stump route. The rest went the bridge route. I think the turn counts reflect who did what.

- I decided to mess with this one for a bit; I remembered that if Eir immediately went for the southern zombie, she was hit. I also remember Neimi failing to ORKO one of the eyes.

- If your strategy requires certain stats to be gained/crits, it doesn't fit with the theme of this draft, which is to do your best without relying on the RNG to fully cooperate with whatever you have planned.

- I normally have Vanessa escape towards the Renais cliffs, but it looks like it might be advantageous to have her go near Lute's village instead. TIL~!

- My AI manipulation comment was in response to Horace's video - using Seth like that sure as hell isn't against the rules, as he was never attacked, and rescued an undrafted character. Since this relies on AI programming and not the RNG, I have no issue with it.

- SOMEONE forgot the Armorslayer. ;/

- I hope you all enjoy Neimi; I think I would've ripped my hair out on this chapter.

- BEST MUSIC goes to Raven. Worst to. . .Paperblade. But he already knew that.

- Unluckiest is still Paperblade because his Neimi somehow missed a 95% against a Mogall.

- Horace gets most amusing strategy for his use of Seth in Chapter 5.

- Integrity gets the Best Use of Sound Award for voiceovers (please keep them).

- LASTLY, don't edit your PMs; I don't see the edits as a notification, so it's very likely I'll miss stuff if you do this. You can also hit Add Reply, and make Tangerine just a little bit happier with me. :P:

TURN COUNTS

- This will reflect the order in which I get videos.

- The player with the asterisk is the person who's save file we're currently using

- Multicolored windows FTW.

Name     4   5
Inty     9   8
Shin    10   7
Raven    6   6
Horace*  6   5
Paper    7   6

STANDINGS:

Paperblade stop inheriting my luck

Raven:      29
Horace:     27
Shin:       23
Integrity:  19
Paperblade: 17

Video links:

(if I screwed these up, let me know, as well!)

Horace

Save file:

Horace

I have a special hatred of Chapter 7's RNG. Good luck. You will most likely need it.

That Seth thing is pretty funny but probably something that we may want to change in future drafts

also fuck Raven

>having Neimi sit around doing tanking a mogall to burn RNs

seriously

Edited by Paperblade

\o/ yessss last place again

except somehow I beat shin in c4

EDIT: i did not forget the armorslayer i creatively chose not to get the armorslayer

EDIT2: are we going 5x/6/7 with this save?

EDIT3:

The file is not currently available. Our support staff have been notified and we hope to resolve the problem shortly. Please try again later.

:(?

Edited by Mr. Sparkles

save ahoy

edit: and this is 5x, 6 and 7 right, i'd rather than since 5x is pretty straightforward

edit2: why would we change the seth thing it breaks no rules and adds more creativity which i thought was the point of the draft

edit3: paperbalde probably did the same thing as i did on a failed run, the miss hit is really high, neimi missed a 97 for me on the failed attempt

edit4: ok these chapters weren't as bad as i thought

Edited by General Horace

Heads up, don't anticipate a submission from me until probably tomorrow evening EST. Skype party tonight and then I still have to muster the fortitude to play 5x :|

save ahoy

edit: and this is 5x, 6 and 7 right, i'd rather than since 5x is pretty straightforward

edit2: why would we change the seth thing it breaks no rules and adds more creativity which i thought was the point of the draft

edit3: paperbalde probably did the same thing as i did on a failed run, the miss hit is really high, neimi missed a 97 for me on the failed attempt

edit4: ok these chapters weren't as bad as i thought

I think we agreed that we would switch to 1 chapter/3 days after Ch. 8, and having 5x+6 and 7+8 works out evenly.

And I don't like the Seth thing because I feel that while technically having Seth do that isn't against the letter of the rules, it is against the spirit because it's using him to manipulate the game to do what you want and transporting an Armorslayer across the map. I don't think I would throw out your result if I were in eclipse's place (although I probably would have thrown out Raven's because fuck you seriously), but it rubs me the wrong way.

I don't see the problem with Horace using Seth the way he did

(although I probably would have thrown out Raven's because fuck you seriously)
Get over it paper, a) it's just a game and b) I already talked to clipsey and said I wouldn't do something like that again. I was going for a replicable strategy, which resulted from me misinterpreting something down the line (considering most people complained about reliability, but i figure a 100% replicable strategy is reliable, but I'm not doing something with that intention anymore)

As far as I know, I broke zero rules and if I were playing on a cart I could do the exact same thing and get the exact same count. And I said I wouldn't do it again. It's only the first draft, why be so uptight about it not coming out the way you wanted?

Edited by Lord Raven