Does anyone think...

darkkfan

Does anyone think there is a possibility that the game's difficulty will be toned down for NA audiences? I hope it isn't, but I have read some things about its insurmountable difficulty that have made me wonder. Is it possible that IS will omit the Lunatic difficulties as they had omitted other difficulties on other games in the past (a certain Maniac mode in Fe9 comes to mind)? Or perhaps the addition of Casual mode would make that unnecessary? What do you all think?

Edited by darkkfan

I would love to have a maniac mode added (between hard more and lunatic). It doesn't affect me personally if they have to delete another mode to do this, because I have an import, but of course adding is better than replacing.

Really, Lunatic is just too much. Normal is about right where I want to be when I'm just messing around, and doesn't need any toning up or down (though some players might appreciate an added easy mode? I dunno).

I would love to have a maniac mode added (between hard more and lunatic). It doesn't affect me personally if they have to delete another mode to do this, because I have an import, but of course adding is better than replacing.

Really, Lunatic is just too much. Normal is about right where I want to be when I'm just messing around, and doesn't need any toning up or down (though some players might appreciate an added easy mode? I dunno).

With all of the different difficulties and Casual/Classic mode combinations, I doubt they'll be adding difficulties. But maybe they will replace as you said. I personally think that (if anything), they will probably just delete modes. In any case, interesting input.

In North America we more or less got Radiant Dawn and Shadow Dragon intact with their Japanese difficulty, though Radiant Dawn had additional battle saves and promotion without crowns. With casual mode already in-place, I'm hoping that the difficulty modes in Awakening stay the same. If they do make changes, a difficulty harder than hard but slightly easier than Lunatic might be a possibility.

In North America we more or less got Radiant Dawn and Shadow Dragon intact with their Japanese difficulty, though Radiant Dawn had additional battle saves and promotion without crowns.

The japanese version of FE10 HM didn't have Caldabog, Tarvos, and Lughnasdah. It also had a different forging system and Edward and Leonardo were lower level (and I think had worse bases too).