NFL 2012-2013 Season

Anacybele

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the Madden curse goes, the player have bad season in terms of production or the get hurt and miss games/the season. In Polamalu's case he did miss several games that year didnt he?

Its 5 years of retirement to be HoF eligible.

Goddamn, that Giants-Cowboy game was not pretty and almost gave me a heart attack, but Big Blue wins, so all is right in the world.

As to the Madden curse, Polamalu missed the majority of his subsequent season, but Fitz actually had a good year.

The curse in itself is just players regressing after a phenomenal year or injuries in a sport where everyone gets hurt.

I don't believe in the Madden curse, but I have to admit that it seems legit. In reality it's just as Model Emu said.

Also wow poor Cowboys (though it's not like I'm rooting for them) because Dez Bryant made a heck of a grab. I was surprised that it wasn't a catch.

Yes. It seems that Young needed some shoe to step into, rather than try and gradual his way in. Well hopefully now that he has a large responsibility to the team winning as the second WR option, maybe he'll up his usage ability for good and we can stop needing to rely on the likes of Burleson. It was nice to see what Pettigrew can do for the offense when he doesn't have 3 drops a game. And our defense is starting to come around. The secondary looks to strengthen with the eventual return of our 2nd and 3rd CBs. And with the Viking teetering on regression, this is Detroit's chance to step up their game as a whole and improve to a winning record.

Megatron is finally starting to look like vintage Megatron, the Jags D is having trouble stopping the run, as well as their offense unable to get anything going against the Lions D...all this has the makings for a abig win. Too bad the Bears are still flying through all their games.

OMG, Taylor just intercepted Eli Manning! I'm loving this! Neither team's offense is doing much, but both defenses are putting up a good game. Tipped balls, incomplete passes, backed up rushers. lol

The Steelers also actually managed to make the Giants go three and out too. Mainly thanks to Lewis though. I'm starting to like that guy. But Adams still sucks. He let Ben get sacked. >_>

I'm telling you! The Steelers got screwed big time by these idiot refs. Two bad calls that really cost them.

And that o-line really needs to start meaning business. I know the Giants' defense is good, but that doesn't mean the Steeler offense can mess around.

My team, the Vikings, need to go to Joe Webb. He has proven himself before and I believe he is the only thing that could save their season, that or a good performance against Detroit next week.

Lions got momentum on their side though and I think they want the game more. They're not the same team that lost to them week 4.

And the Steelers plow ahead to 24-20! This battered team might actually win! Come on guys, YOU CAN DO IT!

Their D stepped up big late, and Redman did a great job filling in for Dwyer and Mendenhall. Big win for them.

Gosh I hate this season. Out of the three teams I like, the Colts are doing okay. One out of three is bad. The Eagles are doing bad which makes me feel bad, the Jaguars lost to Detroit for crying out loud. All I can hope for is some miracle in that either teams make it to the playoffs and to the Super Bowl. I want t cry but not really.