NFL 2012-2013 Season

Anacybele

Anacybele this is you isn't it xD

Nice try, but no. xP

Besides, I would NEVER go to a Ravens parade, especially wearing Steeler stuff.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Cleveland Browns got this just watch

Lions made some great signings the other day. Been a fan of Reggie Bush since his USC days, so it's awesome to see him on my favorite team now. He'll be a great addition to a meh RB core, and will be great in the passing game as well as a viable checkdown for Stafford. Quin was the best coverage safety on the market, Houston was one of the best corners, and Jason Jones out of Seattle has familiarity with the system in Detroit. Hopefully they resign Lawrence Jackson, Micheal Huff, a decent LB, and get an OLineman. Not sure if they have the money for it though.

I can't help but feel like they're gonna take Jarvis Jones if he's cleared by the docs (he fills a gaping hole at OLB), otherwise they'll get either Eric Fisher (OT) or Ezekial Ansah (DE). Depends on more signings in free agency.

Oh and Greg Jennings signed with the Minnesota Vikings. What's with Green Bay players deciding to go to Minny these days?

Edited by Helios

Bills finally dropped Fitz. Tired of commentators and the franchise claiming that he's more than just a journeyman QB. I really wish we did have a franchise QB because I do not feel good with Vince Young under centre.

Bills are gonna trade the Lions for the fifth pick so they can grab Geno Smith before Cleveland and Arizona (who have the sixth or seventh) you heard it here first.

I hope this happens. The Browns shouldn't draft Geno Smith anyway. Grandpa Weeden was a terribad pick, but the 49ers had two great seasons in a row with mediocre quarterbacks, and the Baltimore Traitors just won a Super Bowl with Joe F***ing Flacco, who is nothing to write home about. We need some quality receivers and some depth at cornerback.

I never said I thought Ben was the best. In fact, I don't. I think Peyton Manning is the best, then Ben. :P

But yeah, Ben can sure damn convert 3rd downs, extend plays, and break/avoid tackles. Heck, he's not all that slow either, though he's not fast.

I don't get how Flacco can have a stronger arm though. Ben is like twice his size, which means he's got bigger, more muscley arms.

As much as I dislike the Steelers, I have to admit that Roethlisberger is good at getting penetration whether you want him to or not. Sorry, had to do it.

Hard for me to respond seriously to the above poster but Flacco has been to the playoffs just as many times in the past five years than the browns have in 25 LOL Enjoy your overpriced Paul Kruger while we will enjoy a qb that's had a history of taking us to the playoffs, winning games despite inconsistencies, and an incredibly reliable general manager in Ozzie.

Besides, I don't know why you're harping on that traitors thing; you guys got to keep your records and trophies, when the Colts moved out of Baltimore they took everything. And you guys got a team 3 years later, Baltimore had nothing for a whole decade. Although idk if you were even that into football when you were 5, but I mean I don't care for the Colts so idk why you care that much for the Ravens for losing... 3 of your single-digit years of football.

Edited by Lord Raven

You're obviously unaware that the Ravens are technically the original Browns. :P:

The Browns had moved there, but they wouldn't allow Baltimore to keep the name, so they changed it to the Ravens. Hence they betrayed their origins.

And speaking of the draft and stuff, I heard the Steelers cut Wallace and Harrison. That is bull, Wallace is amazing and got us some amazing TDs and shit. He's the fastest receiver in the NFL, the team should've kept him. And Harrison's famous for his awesome stunt in Super Bowl 43. He is a bit old though, I'll admit.

I heard the team is cutting more of the older guys, but I will admit that we could use some more fresh faces on the defense. Polamalu still has a few more years at best, so he still needs to stick around though.

Edited by Anacybele

I think he realizes that, but says it shouldn't matter since that was before our time for the most part.

@ClevelandSteve: Do you think that the Browns should draft Geno Smith and finally get someone worthy of being the franchise QB? I honestly thought the secondary was a strength for the Browns, but I agree that they really need some receivers to make BWeeden at least look decent. Also, they need some help with their pass rush, which would actually improve the secondary tremendously since they won't need to guard the opponent's receivers for 10 seconds every play.

Rex Ryan claims that he'll let Tebow have a chance at competing for the starting QB job. Why am I sensing some bullshit?

Lions claim they aren't going after big money free agents anymore, even though they were reported having talks with Osi. Preferably I'd like to see them sign Idonije, who'd be a cheap veteran on the DLine and would instantly improve the run defense (which is necessary playing Forte and Peterson four times a year), then get a pass rushing DE in the draft. Lions still need OLine help though, so it'll be interesting to see if they sign someone or draft OLine (I can't help but doubt the latter since fans have been wanting the Lions to draft OLineman for years and they never have).

Besides, I don't know why you're harping on that traitors thing; you guys got to keep your records and trophies, when the Colts moved out of Baltimore they took everything. And you guys got a team 3 years later, Baltimore had nothing for a whole decade. Although idk if you were even that into football when you were 5, but I mean I don't care for the Colts so idk why you care that much for the Ravens for losing... 3 of your single-digit years of football.

The Browns left following the 1995 season. The Ravens won a Super Bowl in the 2000 Season. Cleveland was robbed.

By contrast, since the Colts moved to Indianapolis they stole one Super Bowl win and have only one a single other one since, a record that the Ravens matched this year (on top of that, the Ravens won a Super Bowl six years before the Colts won their only one post-move). It's all about the championships, and Cleveland teams in general don't have a habit of getting those.

As for not being that into football when I was five, I still hold the lost playoff games in the 80s against the Broncos, and I wasn't even born then. The North Remembers.

@ClevelandSteve: Do you think that the Browns should draft Geno Smith and finally get someone worthy of being the franchise QB? I honestly thought the secondary was a strength for the Browns, but I agree that they really need some receivers to make BWeeden at least look decent. Also, they need some help with their pass rush, which would actually improve the secondary tremendously since they won't need to guard the opponent's receivers for 10 seconds every play.

Truthfully, 90% of the team is a mess. I'm not sure if Geno Smith is a franchise QB or not. He may be the best QB in the draft, but he's no Andrew Luck or RGIII (who I wish we got last year). Joe Haden is a great cornerback, but if he gets injured (or suspended again), there's not really anyone who can fill the void.

The thing that upsets me the most is losing Phil Dawson. I know it says a lot about your team if your kicker is your MVP, but that was basically our only position that's been consistently good since 1999. I'm not sure we can ever replace him.

People are underrating Geno because of this relatively horrible QB class. He's not Luck or RGIII, true, but not only is he a big improvement to the guys in Cleveland now, but he's still potentially gonna be pretty good. He's got deceptive athleticism and is a good pocket passer. Chances are that they draft Mingo or Dion Jordan (a pass rusher basically) though. Maybe Millner if he somehow drops there.

I know that feel man. Jason Hanson is that guy for us. Through the horrible days he was a shining light, and will make it to the HOF after he retires.

Thanks for the level reply to my shit talking, I'll be a lot less of a dick next time I respond to you. I just find it odd to see someone caring about the whole Browns situation when a lot of Baltimore fans my own age (ie at my school) don't really care much for the Colts. Still though, I hate the people who take the AFC North rivalries to a hateful degree, and it's really annoying seeing a Steelers fan going around in this thread that will take every chance in the world to do so.

Rex Ryan claims that he'll let Tebow have a chance at competing for the starting QB job. Why am I sensing some bullshit?
because shit is all mark sanchez can sense anymore

get it

(In other words: I think Rex Ryan is a bastard myself, having been to high school with one of his sons and seeing him leave that particular son behind with his grandparents while taking the other to Jersey. Saw him complain about his life everyday on fb and I don't blame him at all, I felt so bad for him that I got him a couple things he needed from a Wal Mart because his grandparents couldn't do that much for him or something to that extent. Defriended the guy though, because I overall didn't really care for him. On top of that, given the current state of the Jets, short of some massive overhaul in Rex Ryan's methods and/or his firing, I could actually care less about them.)

In other news, Dumervil may end up with the Ravens lol It's a good thing we didn't bother with Kruger then... we'll see. Not going to comment on the current state of the Ravens myself, just waiting until the season starts before I say anything positive or negative.

I hate the people who take the AFC North rivalries to a hateful degree, and it's really annoying seeing a Steelers fan going around in this thread that will take every chance in the world to do so.

Excuse me? Where in my previous post did I spew any hate regarding the rivalry? And if anything, my "hate" for the Ravens is not THAT serious and never was. I just dislike them, that is all.

As for not being that into football when I was five, I still hold the lost playoff games in the 80s against the Broncos, and I wasn't even born then. The North Remembers.

What the hell does that mean? Last I checked, Cleveland bitching about a chance of glory for a single year is about as noteworthy as Greywater. Hint:Aside from the Reed kids, nobody talks about about Greywater since nobody gives a shit. Let's face it, the Browns have always and will always be a joke.

You want to talk about the North remembering? Try being a Bills fan. Phil Leggett is STILL hated in Buffalo and for good reason. Fuck Kevin Dyson...

• 2 weeks later...

Ed Reed goes to the Texans. As much as I love the guy, I'm glad he went to the Texans of all teams and we need younger players.

Texans are happy to get him. Are you scared for the Ravens at all losing tons of key guys? Starting center, Boldin, Reed, Lewis, etc.

I think Seattle is the #1 team right now. If they could get home field in the playoffs it will be hard to beat them. Gotta think the NFC is theirs or SF's. Unless NYG, Saints, or Green Bay went on a crazy run. Which all those teams have done.

Texans are happy to get him. Are you scared for the Ravens at all losing tons of key guys? Starting center, Boldin, Reed, Lewis, etc.

You know, I'm actually not. The leadership is probably a little bit of a problem, but we've also got a bunch of other dudes to fill that role (for the long term)- Ngata, Flacco, Suggs - plus we recently acquired Michael Huff and Elvis Dumervil for much cheaper than people like Reed, Boldin, Kruger, Ellerbe asked for. I'm also fairly certain we will resign our tight ends, so I'm not actually worried. Unless the Bengals really whoop some ass this 2013 I'm fairly certain we're hitting the playoffs at the very least, and if we don't win? Well, we just won a Super Bowl, and other players probably deserve another one by now. It won't be the same but I bet they're thinking of the long term right now.

Elvis Dumervil fiasco aside, the Broncos are looking pretty good for 13-14, because it's not like they lost Von Miller. They also have Wes Welker to complement an already very solid team from 2013. Peyton needs his second ring... Broncos-Seahawks/49ers Super Bowl looks like a possibility next year...

Edited by Lord Raven

You know, I'm actually not. The leadership is probably a little bit of a problem, but we've also got a bunch of other dudes to fill that role (for the long term)- Ngata, Flacco, Suggs - plus we recently acquired Michael Huff and Elvis Dumervil for much cheaper than people like Reed, Boldin, Kruger, Ellerbe asked for. I'm also fairly certain we will resign our tight ends, so I'm not actually worried. Unless the Bengals really whoop some ass this 2013 I'm fairly certain we're hitting the playoffs at the very least, and if we don't win? Well, we just won a Super Bowl, and other players probably deserve another one by now. It won't be the same but I bet they're thinking of the long term right now.

Elvis Dumervil fiasco aside, the Broncos are looking pretty good for 13-14, because it's not like they lost Von Miller. They also have Wes Welker to complement an already very solid team from 2013. Peyton needs his second ring... Broncos-Seahawks/49ers Super Bowl looks like a possibility next year...

I know Dumervil and Canty can help fill in on the DLine, but Michael Huff was cut by the Raiders, he's not gonna be capable of filling Ed Reed's shoes. The Ravens now also have just one reliable wide receiver. The whole thing reminds me of when Dallas won the NBA finals and lost a few key guys which led to them falling into mediocrity.

The AFC is weak these days, and the Broncos are in the weakest division. I agree with you that they're gonna get about 13 wins. Home field in a weak AFC looks good for them.

When I said 13-14 I meant 2013-2014.

I know Dumervil and Canty can help fill in on the DLine, but Michael Huff was cut by the Raiders, he's not gonna be capable of filling Ed Reed's shoes. The Ravens now also have just one reliable wide receiver. The whole thing reminds me of when Dallas won the NBA finals and lost a few key guys which led to them falling into mediocrity.

Well the thing about Huff - and I looked it up because I was unsure myself - he was cut for costing too much. Same reason we didn't bother with people like Kruger and Ellerbe and ultimately traded Boldin. It was unavoidable given the salary cap situation and the fact that half of our team went free agent after the super bowl ended. Pretty much, the decision was "2 million this year for Huff who is effective or 5 million for Reed who isn't so hot anymore?" Ed Reed couldn't even fill Ed Reed's shoes anymore lol

As for reliable wide receivers, I have some faith that Jones will be there at the most random times to throw an F-bomb to. He won't be out there making big plays though, but we have a couple of other Wide Receivers that we can train + there's still the draft. But our management, while they're obviously going to attempt to make another super bowl this year (yeah, fat chance as great as it would be), they're more thinking in the long term and overpaying for dudes that either haven't proven themselves or are faaaaaaaaaar past their prime just isn't worth it. I really don't know what the Ravens will look like come this fall to be honest, and I think I shouldn't really positively speculate because it'll probably lead to disappointment. But I'm pretty hopeful, and I can't really get mad at anyone for thinking the worst because we did let go of a bunch of people. But hey, it was either Boldin or a defense.

The AFC is weak these days, and the Broncos are in the weakest division. I agree with you that they're gonna get about 13 wins. Home field in a weak AFC looks good for them.
Yeah I agree... Pats are getting weaker, Steelers are more or less crushed, and nobody else in the AFC is very notable at all. Colts, Broncos, Bengals, Pats, Texans, and Ravens pretty much have the conference locked up next year just like last year based on free agency and playoffs.

Maybe the Chiefs will come out and surprise us. Or maybe Brady will announce he's retiring and all of a sudden, some Mark Sanchez that's a great leader and quarterback will awaken and try to knock the Patriots out of the playoffs going "yeah fuck that guy" with the entirety of the York/Jersey area behind him. Maybe Cleveland will go back to the glory days again. Maybe the Jaguars will finally accept Tim Tebow and double their wins. This AFC man............. you never know what you're going to get.

Sucks that I'm following the AFC more than the NFC, the NFC sounds so much more exciting, progressive, and most of all consistent. :(

Edited by Lord Raven

How 'bout dem Lions? I have a feeling we're getting a wildcard/last playoff spot this year. I think if we can improve the secondary and pick up an OT or two in the draft, we should be golden. Reggie Bush definitely isn't in his prime anymore, but he's one of those guys that the defense has to pay attention and know where he is at all times or he'll burn you. And as a compliment to Megatron, I think we'll do much better this year. I'm predicting 9 wins