NFL 2012-2013 Season

Anacybele

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no way in hell I'm taking 'Matty Ice' in the postseason with a less balanced team than he had in years past. Turner is done after this season. All he can get is what's blocked for him, and Seattle has probably the most intimidating secondary in the league at this point. Give me Wilson over Ryan any day, he's poised under pressure, unlike his opponent.

As for the rest, Pats, Broncos and the Pack

Well, Wilson did prove he was waaaay better than "Matty Ice." But the team came out flat. I blame the early start for a west coast team. It's ridiculous the NFL would do that to them.

Colin Kaepernick went haaaaaaaam

Ya boy!

Seahawks made a hell of a comeback, only to play super lax defense and get the Falcons into field goal range. Then, they stupidly ice the kicker (seriously why do coaches still do this) and then Bryant hits the game winner. Are the Falcons for real this time around? Or will they get crushed by the preseason favorite 49ers? Either way, this was a fun game to watch.

Terrible defense. Absolutely disappeared. Russell Wilson has me thinking he might've been the deserving ROY though. Valiant comeback. They outplayed them. Any points in the 1st half and they come away with the win.

Worst game of the playoffs for me. As a Giants fan, at least I could've said, "At least we didn't go to the playoffs and have done THAT"

Texans suck. Schaub sucks. Kubiak sucks.

I'm glad the Patriots beat the Texans, as a Ravens fan I think that's the easier game.

You think the Patriots are easier to beat???? It will definitely be the easier game, though. Easier to predict who is going to win.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Yay Falcons for winning again. ^^

Poo on Peyton Manning and his guys for not whooping the Ravens.

Yay for the Niners sending the Packers packing!

I want Falcons vs Patriots for the Super Bowl. Come on Falcons!

I'm a huge Ravens fan. Sad to see Ray Lewis retiring, but I hope they can make a decent run in the play offs with that momentum behind them. I'm worried about the Broncos, though. :X

I used to think Ray Lewis seemed like an alright guy, but after what i recently heard, good riddance. He's a murderer that got away with his crime. I heard this from my stepdad and stepbrother. And my stepdad WANTS Ray Lewis and his team to win the Super Bowl. AND we're Steeler fans.

You think the Patriots are easier to beat???? It will definitely be the easier game, though. Easier to predict who is going to win.

For the Ravens? Absolutely. No way in hell I'd want Arian Foster and the Texans to play against my team if I was a Ravens fan. Run defense isn't exactly a forte of the Ravens this year and that's what the Texans are best at - running. Not to mention the Ravens offense will probably have an easier time moving the ball on the Patriots than the Texans.

Look at the games that we played against the Patriots over the last year. Flacco gets some sort of high when he goes against Brady- he has shown time and time again he has the potential to outplay him, and they have shown time and time again that they have the ability to beat the Patriots. Texans... based on this season, not so much, not only for what nflchamp has said but if you look at your earlier game - 43-13!!! Yeah, right, and that was a time when our team was healthy too. We almost beat them in the AFC Championship last year, and we had a close game (where we edged out a win) this year, so it's almost a coin flip game. Who knows what our game next week will be like, with an ultra-motivated Ravens team, but all I know is that Ravens-Patriots games are always entertaining. Aside from that Cundiff flop last year, and the fact that it came so close this year, I genuinely enjoyed watching those two games.

Granted, I'm getting a bad feeling right now for this game, but we will see what comes of it.

I used to think Ray Lewis seemed like an alright guy, but after what i recently heard, good riddance. He's a murderer that got away with his crime. I heard this from my stepdad and stepbrother. And my stepdad WANTS Ray Lewis and his team to win the Super Bowl. AND we're Steeler fans.

> People are Steelers fans that will go for any opportunity to shit against the Ravens

> You automatically take their side on an argument about someone being a bad person, when in reality there is still absolutely no fact that says that Ray Lewis was a murderer

Ray Lewis was guilty of obstruction of justice. If you look at it from all sides, there's literally nothing that says he murdered someone- there are reports that he was trying to break up the fight, and frankly the guys he was with were his buddies. If you were young and naive (at the time), coming off a career high at the time, your judgment is a little off in terms of certain things; it's entirely possible that he was protecting his buddies at the time because he saw them murder someone, and he was quite shook up- he's only human.

As far as we are concerned, no one can throw out the "Ray Lewis is a murderer!" hammer for so many reasons. And it's funny to be that your words dont seem to imply Roethlisberger is the scum of the earth when one could easily call him a rapist.

Just an FYI, I'm not attacking you, I'm just saying that before you bring up personal issues- for an event whose details were as sketchy as they were, in no way should you immediately jump to conclusions. I'm not sure whether or not Ray Lewis murdered someone, either, though I'd like to think no; I'm not going to declare it a fact that he didn't, though.

Edited by Lord Raven

Well, Wilson did prove he was waaaay better than "Matty Ice." But the team came out flat. I blame the early start for a west coast team. It's ridiculous the NFL would do that to them.

Ya boy!

Terrible defense. Absolutely disappeared. Russell Wilson has me thinking he might've been the deserving ROY though. Valiant comeback. They outplayed them. Any points in the 1st half and they come away with the win.

Worst game of the playoffs for me. As a Giants fan, at least I could've said, "At least we didn't go to the playoffs and have done THAT"

Texans suck. Schaub sucks. Kubiak sucks.

Yeah no kidding. Once the second half kicked in, Wilson started going off on the Falcons. If the defense didn't choke at the end and let Matty Ice get those easy passes off, that would have been one of the greatest comebacks in NFL history.

Yay Falcons for winning again. ^^

Poo on Peyton Manning and his guys for not whooping the Ravens.

Yay for the Niners sending the Packers packing!

I want Falcons vs Patriots for the Super Bowl. Come on Falcons!

I might just think the Falcons aren't for real, but I doubt that they'll be able to beat Colin and the 49ers. But then again, homefield advantage and the momentum off that big win against the Seahawks might make it interesting.

Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Gonna have to agree with Raven on this one.

What the fuck is the deal with Michael Turner? Was the Hawks run D really THAT bad? I haven't seen him run that well since the start of the season. His fatass needs to retire instead of Gonzalez lol. Maybe that's Tony's ploy, he's trying to send a signal to Turner that it's time to hang up the uni. I just don't like the Falcons plain and simple. I love them for Fantasy <3 Julio Jones, but that's it. I think Ryan is an overrated QB on an overrated offense. The game plan is always to start fast and then try to hang on in the second half. To me, that just screams that Ryan doesn't have the cajones to pull out the close win. I never see the last drive TD from him, it's always Bryant that has the last shot to save the game. Haha, coincidence that he shares the same last name as Kobe? I think not

Apparently, you guys did not read my entire post. My stepdad WANTS Ray Lewis to get this Super Bowl, meaning he HAS some respect for him. Why would he be biased when this is the case? And why would both my family members lie to me about this? They have no reason. We're Steeler fans, but that does not in ANY WAY mean we are biased against the Ravens.

As far as we are concerned, no one can throw out the "Ray Lewis is a murderer!" hammer for so many reasons. And it's funny to be that your words dont seem to imply Roethlisberger is the scum of the earth when one could easily call him a rapist.

No one can throw out the "Ben is a rapist!" hammer for so many reasons either. The charges were dropped, which means for all we know, that girl could've lied about the whole thing just because Ben might have been a bit of a jerk. It has happened. Also, murder is worse than rape. With rape, you take away a woman's dignity. With murder, you take away someone's life and something precious from a family, that will have to live on without their loved one. Also, Lewis's crime was a GANG stabbing, meaning he joined other guys in killing this person, which is even WORSE than just one murderer. I don't see Ben having ever been accused of gang rape.

Honestly, in terms of their records, Lewis makes Ben look like a saint.

Edited by Anacybele

Seeing as my post was deleted, I have to say this again.

Hopefully the Super Bowl will be Falcons vs Patriots. As much as I hate the Pats, my mom likes them, and the Ravens are the Steelers' enemies.

Also, I wouldn't say the Steelers sucked this season. They weren't very good, but not very bad either. They did beat the Ravens at home with a third string quarterback and they beat the Giants while battered from injured players.

Beating the ravens isn't much of an accomplishment; our playing depends heavily on flacco's mood and motivation on that particular day

The same can be said for beating the Giants. It's impressive if Eli and the Giants feel like being a good football team. Not so much if they don't.

They're still good teams, and that's that. I'm not saying the Steelers were good at all this season, I just don't think they downright sucked. There are teams that had even worse records.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm hoping for a Harbaugh super bowl. But I'm not so confident the Ravens will stomp on the Patriots. Joe Flacco just had two weeks of not fucking up anything. He looked amazing. Which means he's gonna suck now if we use THIS guy's logic

mqdefault.jpg

Right?

For the Ravens? Absolutely. No way in hell I'd want Arian Foster and the Texans to play against my team if I was a Ravens fan. Run defense isn't exactly a forte of the Ravens this year and that's what the Texans are best at - running. Not to mention the Ravens offense will probably have an easier time moving the ball on the Patriots than the Texans.

Arian Foster is great, I love the guy, but he's not Adrian Peterson in the fact he can't beat you on his own. Matt Schaub was playing like he was blaine Gabbert in the playoffs.

I think the Texans should get Vince Young.

Yeah no kidding. Once the second half kicked in, Wilson started going off on the Falcons. If the defense didn't choke at the end and let Matty Ice get those easy passes off, that would have been one of the greatest comebacks in NFL history.

I just love the way Russell Wilson plays. 99% of people in the Houston area would say JJ Watt is the best/their favorite Wisconsin alum in the NFL. I'm alone and second question-less.

I might just think the Falcons aren't for real, but I doubt that they'll be able to beat Colin and the 49ers. But then again, homefield advantage and the momentum off that big win against the Seahawks might make it interesting.

I think the Falcons are in danger of getting complacent while the 49ers have been here, plus they should be more confident than the Falcons. Beat a more proven team that wasn't coached by Pete Carroll(If you wanna call that coaching) and had RINGZZ!!11

What the fuck is the deal with Michael Turner? Was the Hawks run D really THAT bad? I haven't seen him run that well since the start of the season. His fatass needs to retire instead of Gonzalez lol. Maybe that's Tony's ploy, he's trying to send a signal to Turner that it's time to hang up the uni. I just don't like the Falcons plain and simple. I love them for Fantasy <3 Julio Jones, but that's it. I think Ryan is an overrated QB on an overrated offense. The game plan is always to start fast and then try to hang on in the second half. To me, that just screams that Ryan doesn't have the cajones to pull out the close win. I never see the last drive TD from him, it's always Bryant that has the last shot to save the game. Haha, coincidence that he shares the same last name as Kobe? I think not

Lol. Yeah.

Edited by Fenrir

So like everyone else I'm hoping for a 49ers/Ravens Superb owl.

Arian Foster is great, I love the guy, but he's not Adrian Peterson in the fact he can't beat you on his own. Matt Schaub was playing like he was blaine Gabbert in the playoffs.

I think the Texans should get Vince Young.

I just love the way Russell Wilson plays. 99% of people in the Houston area would say JJ Watt is the best/their favorite Wisconsin alum in the NFL. I'm alone and second question-less.

I think the Falcons are in danger of getting complacent while the 49ers have been here, plus they should be more confident than the Falcons. Beat a more proven team that wasn't coached by Pete Carroll(If you wanna call that coaching) and had RINGZZ!!11

Watch the Texans draft a new QB for the future in the mid-rounds lol.

Haha well JJ Watt is a beast, and is a huge part of that (when healthy and not playing the Pats) dominant Texans D, so that's understandable. I knew Russel would be a good NFL QB since the "draft analysts" were hating on him for the dumbest reasons, and it looks like he's living up to the expectations. He might not be RGIII or Luck, but he's still really good and a playmaker. The way he orchestrated that offense in the second half and put the team on his back was really impressive. And he did it AS A ROOKIE IN THE PLAYOFFS MAKING A HUGE COMEBACK. If I'm a Seahawks fan I'm definitely feeling pretty good right now for the future.

Hey now Pete Carrol isn't that bad of a coach lol. Agree about the Falcons though; now the media is hyping them up as "legit" when all they've done is one their first playoff game in forever. The overconfidence might end up being their demise when a just as confident 49ers team is coming in after beating the Packers. That Falcons D is overrated, and Colin Kaepernick has a pretty similar skillset with Russel Wilson, who torched them. Plus side is he's got even better receivers talent-wise, and the 49ers D is just as good as the Seahawks (though not the Seahawks D we saw last week lol). I don't really see the Falcons winning this time, and I'm going with my preseason Super bowl pick, the 49ers.

I don't think many football fans outside of New England like the Pats lol. As for the Falcons -- they're just overrated, and if they make it to the Super bowl everyone knows that they'll get crushed and it won't even be fun to watch.