NFL 2012-2013 Season

Anacybele

...This has to be the most embarrassing and humiliating season ever for me. The Steelers don't even get into the damned playoffs while the Ravens go to the Super Bowl. The only good things at all were the Steelers actually beating the Giants, and omg the Ravens.

Niners, kick their purple asses across the sky and back.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U mad?

(Predicting 49ers win, hoping for a ravens win- too soon I know but the Ravens will WANT their win anyways, it's just the NFC scares me)

Edited by Lord Raven

Of course I'm upset. I'm a Steeler fan that hates the Ravens more than pretty much any other team. I wouldn't say MAD though, just upset and rather embarrassed.

Edited by Anacybele

So u mad...

EDIT: damn you are the most spiteful steelers fan I've ever met.. I don't even know ravens fans that hate the steelers as much as you hate us

Also all of these "flacco is a boss" statuses irritate me cause I've been saying that all season. How clutch has he been this whole season? Despite six losses, one of which was because of caldwells first game as offensive coordinate, one of which was tyrod Taylor and not him, he's always pulled through when we needed him. Everyone else just bitched about him when we lost and praised him only in the clutch situations when he's been generally just "good but lazy" on every game. You can just tell he didn't take certain games as seriously as he should have.

Here's to seeing flacco acting like the leader he should be should he be signed back to the ravens. Guaranteed at this point.

Edited by Lord Raven

So u mad...

EDIT: damn you are the most spiteful steelers fan I've ever met.. I don't even know ravens fans that hate the steelers as much as you hate us

Uh, I never said exactly HOW much I hated them. Just because they're my least favorite team doesn't mean I uberly hate them. I just don't like them much right now because 1. They've always been enemies to the Steelers, 2. They totally swept us last season, and 3. They're in the Super Bowl while the Steelers didn't even get into the playoffs. The Steelers were always the best AFC North team before. They just had issues this season that they couldn't help much, like a lot of injuries.

Edited by Anacybele

Said as if the steelers have never done either...

And if they have, I wouldn't blame a Ravens fan for not liking us at the time either.

But at least the Steelers still hold their title of being the team with the most Super Bowl wins. x3

SIXBURGH YEAH.

Edited by Anacybele

I thought it was funny that both of the home teams had a halftime lead and then failed to score AT ALL in the second half. The two superior defenses prevailed. Plus, the Harboughs made great adjustments on not just the defensive side of the ball but on offense too.

I thought Vernon Davis was the MVP for the 49ers, but LaMichael James and Frank Gore were great as well. Kaep was solid. Not at all surprised the Falcons blew that lead. Matt Ryan can't be considered as a great quarterback when he can't get his team ANY points in the 2nd half. Call me crazy but I'd take Romo over Ryan. Whenever a team I like is playing Romo I never feel safe. Whenever a team I like is playing Ryan I never feel like the Falcons are far enough ahead or I think that they'll never catch up. Normally those two things are true.

I feel bad for Aqib Talib. Anquan Boldin torched the Patriots' secondary after he was knocked out. Flacco and Boldin were the two best guys out there in the second half. Torrey Smith was fun to watch too. How did we get two games that were really entertaining? These playoffs have been great. And you really feel like the Ravens and 49ers both deserve to be there. Kaepernick's made it this far, now he has to face Ed Reed.

I'm thinking 49ers-Patriots

I'm hoping Ravens-Falcons because Colin Kaepernick scares me

I'm glad we were all wrong! Congratulations on your Ravens. The past 10 years have been full of heartbreak.(Of course before that you had a super bowl)

Can't wait until my flacco jersey gets here,

What? I never thought anyone would say this. The guy's clutch though. Outplayed Brady in Foxburrough TWICE now. Plus he outplayed Peyton in Denver. He's the big time QB of the AFC.

I've always liked flacco though (just ask Helios), I just didnt feel like buying an nfl jersey until recently (well I have a Deion Sanders jersey from like... 2004, still fits and I'm wearing it now). I could forgive his inconsistent play because you can tell some games he didn't care about (often times it was the games that we, the fans, shrugged off, too; I'm thinking Steelers and Redskins games we had at home)...

Edited by Lord Raven

Hahahahaha you kids and your Steelers/Ravens rivalry. Too cute.

@Fenrir: How expected/10 was it that the Falcons dominated in the first half, only to be complete shit in the second half? It was such a perfect example of what the Falcons team truly is. I can't really blame it all on Ryan since it's the fact that they lack a consistent running game, and their defense is actually not very good at all. They live off turnovers, and when they don't get them they fail. Kaepernick beat them with his arm the same way Russel Wilson did, and the Gore + James combo was simply electric. Lamicheal James is a lot better than people say he is; it's like everyone forgot about how fast and dominating he was at Oregon.

Ravens/Pats was a bit of surprise -- though I predicted the Ravens to win, I didn't think the Pats would fall flat in the second half. They have one of the best coaches in the game of football, so you'd think they'd come out the second half even better than the first...right? Happy for Ray Lewis and the Ravens though. They're my favorite AFC team (yeah I kinda bandwagon them since a close friend of mine is a huge fan of them, and it rubbed off on me). When Narga said it was obvious one team would win, he meant the Ravens right?

So the Harbowl which I definitely predicted in the preseason, though I'm not sure I said it on here looks to be really entertaining. I think on paper the 49ers have the advantage, since the Ravens have more trouble with the run and all, and Kaepernick/Gore/James are some of the best at running the ball. Ravens do have experience and heart though, plus they probably have the momentum after defeating the Pats. Who do you guys think will win this one?

Oh and I can vouch for Lord Raven's love for Flacco. I'm surprised he hasn't realized yet that 90% of fans of sports teams are casualfags though lol.

Edited by Helios

It was only a matter of time before the Pats actually played a good team. They have been massively over-rated all year.

Did anyone else see the scumbag play by Brady right before half-time? He "ran" and slid for a 1st down, and while sliding, he stuck his leg up to try to trip a defender who was trying to jump over him to avoid taking a penalty. I've never liked Brady but that play made my hatred for him grow more than ever.

I really don't care who wins the SB. I've got a load of friends who are Ravens fans though, so in order to avoid them all being grouchy assholes for weeks afterward, Flacco had better put it away and win this thing.

Next season can't come fast enough. Fucking Lions had better pull their heads out of Schwartz's ass.

lol, well, those teams are big rivals, so their fans are as well.

The Ravens might be in the Super Bowl this time, but the Steelers will be back. They always come back from a rough season. They've got the biggest fanbase in the NFL and are America's Team, baby! The Cowboys were dumped in favor of the Steelers for that title as well, so the Black and Gold are not only that, but have more AFC championships, more Super Bowls, and more fans than everybody else too! THIS IS STEELER NATION. :D

Their fans will keep cheerin'!

Edited by Anacybele

And here I thought Lakers and Patriots fans were the biggest homers. Nope, it's Steeler fans.

And no, just because you say differently, the Cowboys are still America's team, sorry.

That's not what NFL officials have said. I read that they felt the Steelers were more deserving of the title. My stepdad told me about it and I looked it up. He was right.

And here I thought Lakers and Patriots fans were the biggest homers. Nope, it's Steeler fans.

And no, just because you say differently, the Cowboys are still America's team, sorry.

They even play country music at half time, what's more American than that

Edited by Lord Raven

Gonna have to agree that technically the Cowboys are America's team. I'd probably put the Packers and the Patriots over the Steelers in that regard as well. Though the Steelers are definitely up there in nationwide popularity since I've seen some Steelers fans here in the midwest. Also can we please stop making stupid arguments about other people's favorite teams/mentioning something random about our favorite teams that is completely off topic, and just stick to talking about football?

I've always liked flacco though (just ask Helios), I just didnt feel like buying an nfl jersey until recently (well I have a Deion Sanders jersey from like... 2004, still fits and I'm wearing it now). I could forgive his inconsistent play because you can tell some games he didn't care about (often times it was the games that we, the fans, shrugged off, too; I'm thinking Steelers and Redskins games we had at home)...

Well hey, Joe's on top of the world now. I'm a Joe Flacco fan now too! We're all Joe Flacco fans because everyone hates New England!

@Fenrir: How expected/10 was it that the Falcons dominated in the first half, only to be complete shit in the second half? It was such a perfect example of what the Falcons team truly is. I can't really blame it all on Ryan since it's the fact that they lack a consistent running game, and their defense is actually not very good at all. They live off turnovers, and when they don't get them they fail. Kaepernick beat them with his arm the same way Russel Wilson did, and the Gore + James combo was simply electric. Lamicheal James is a lot better than people say he is; it's like everyone forgot about how fast and dominating he was at Oregon.

On the topic of rivalries, I think Manning/Brady is the best out of this generation. When they play and give us a good game. We all forget that the rest of the league can even do anything. It sucks in your soul.

To be fair, the Falcons don't run the ball well because they don't want to run the ball well. They changed their philosophy. They went from having run blocking lineman to pass blocking lineman. And they traded away the future for Julio Jones. I love all the weapons on the 49ers. I just wish Mario Manningham was healthy.

Ravens/Pats was a bit of surprise -- though I predicted the Ravens to win, I didn't think the Pats would fall flat in the second half. They have one of the best coaches in the game of football, so you'd think they'd come out the second half even better than the first...right? Happy for Ray Lewis and the Ravens though. They're my favorite AFC team (yeah I kinda bandwagon them since a close friend of mine is a huge fan of them, and it rubbed off on me). When Narga said it was obvious one team would win, he meant the Ravens right?

So the Harbowl which I definitely predicted in the preseason, though I'm not sure I said it on here looks to be really entertaining. I think on paper the 49ers have the advantage, since the Ravens have more trouble with the run and all, and Kaepernick/Gore/James are some of the best at running the ball. Ravens do have experience and heart though, plus they probably have the momentum after defeating the Pats. Who do you guys think will win this one?

Oh and I can vouch for Lord Raven's love for Flacco. I'm surprised he hasn't realized yet that 90% of fans of sports teams are casualfags though lol.

Aqib Talib? I don't know. I don't think Tom Brady can be trusted in big games anymore. Which to me brings up a funny point. If you had to pick a quarterback to lead your playoff run who would you even want? Brees? Eli? Flacco? Rodgers? Kaepernick? One of the rookie triplets? I think I'd go with Drew Brees since most of the years he's been one and done or even when he's been eliminated he's never disappeared.(Remember Seattle in 2010?) But then again, he wasn't even in the playoffs this year.

I think the 49ers will win because the Ravens haven't played an offense this balance the whole postseason. But the 49ers haven't played a defense of this caliber since they got shutdown in the emerald city.

It was only a matter of time before the Pats actually played a good team. They have been massively over-rated all year.

Did anyone else see the scumbag play by Brady right before half-time? He "ran" and slid for a 1st down, and while sliding, he stuck his leg up to try to trip a defender who was trying to jump over him to avoid taking a penalty. I've never liked Brady but that play made my hatred for him grow more than ever.

I guess your right. Patriots don't have enough firepower to beat the heavyweights anymore.

Yeah. Brian Dawkins tweeted that you'd be foolish to think Brady wasn't trying to injure Reed.(Of course Dawkins being a safety would side with Reed, but still)

The Patriots were gonna lose all along, Bernard Pollard was on the other team.

I didn't realize he made the Ridley play at first. But shit, this guy is crazy. Has that ever happened? He's now injured the best QB, WR, TE, and RB on different Patriot teams.

EDIT: What happened to the Steelers being "Every man's team?"

Edited by Fenrir

Gonna have to agree that technically the Cowboys are America's team. I'd probably put the Packers and the Patriots over the Steelers in that regard as well. Though the Steelers are definitely up there in nationwide popularity since I've seen some Steelers fans here in the midwest. Also can we please stop making stupid arguments about other people's favorite teams/mentioning something random about our favorite teams that is completely off topic, and just stick to talking about football?

Ha, you haven't seen the true popularity of the Steelers then. They have fans all over the WORLD, actually, not just in the US. And they're everywhere in the US too. You should've seen how many Terrible Towels were flying in the Dallas stadium during Steelers vs Cowboys. More than half the stands were filled with Steeler fans. And the Cowboys play there!

The Steelers definitely have the largest fanbase in the NFL, and like I said, they have the most Super Bowls and AFC championships. The Packers have the most championships overall, though, that's true.

Really? Wow I and everyone else should feel so stupid rooting for the wrong team because they simply don't deserve getting to the super bowl like the steelers do!

Uh, where did I say or imply this? Right now, the Steelers don't deserve to be in the Super Bowl this time at all. They've been in no shape to play a championship. But under normal circumstances, when they play really well, they do.

Edited by Anacybele

Every status on my news feed is about the Ravens... today half of the statuses on my news feed are about the Ravens. Not bad for a day when everyone's hungover.

Also,

76340_10152444710370131_1649855821_n.jpg

bahahahahahha

Edited by Lord Raven