NFL 2012-2013 Season

Anacybele

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the Pats either, Emerald Knight. I know how you feel.

But at least I still have the Falcons to cheer for, and Miami still has a shot at the playoffs.

Luuul, I see. All I've got to cheer for is the Colts, the Eagles and Jags were no where near playoff entry anyway.

...That makes no sense. How can a kicker be both bad and good? How can a team be bad, but have talent? You're contradicting yourself. :/

Anyway, Todd Haley's ass needs to be fired. I think he's the reason the Steelers have had a bad season, injuries or no injuries. Our offensive players were great before they hired him. Now look what's happened.

The good thing is though, that we didn't get swept by the damn Ravens again.

Not at all. There's a difference between being talented and being good. A kicker can have a strong leg and sick some long field goals, but in a game when it's clutch time he can miss crucial field goals and end up getting the boot. The Lions have a lot of talent as well: One of the best front 7s in the league on defense, a top 10 QB on offense, and the best WR in football (Calvin Johnson just broke the record for single season receiving yards last night). However, the Lions are 4-11. So they're talented, but are a bad team. No contradictions here.

I'm not really sure you can blame a coach for Pitt's team this year. They've had injuries at every position this year which destroyed their run game and pass game. A healthy Mendenhall, Ben, Brown, OLine, and other backups would have made them a lot better.

I'm not really sure you can blame a coach for Pitt's team this year. They've had injuries at every position this year which destroyed their run game and pass game. A healthy Mendenhall, Ben, Brown, OLine, and other backups would have made them a lot better.

But most of the injuries were on the offense and Todd Haley chose to change up the way the offense works. Wallace himself said he had no problem with trying to adapt to it, but apparently, it isn't working out because he hasn't been as good lately as he used to be. Same with Mendenhall, Ben, Redman, and everyone else on the offense, pretty much. I believe it's safe to say that Haley is the dumbass at fault here.

Oh, also, Suisham has made at least a few game winning field goals this season. He's a top notch kicker. Sure, him missing the 24 yarder was a shock, but even the best will have their bad moments.

Edited by Anacybele

But most of the injuries were on the offense and Todd Haley chose to change up the way the offense works. Wallace himself said he had no problem with trying to adapt to it, but apparently, it isn't working out because he hasn't been as good lately as he used to be. Same with Mendenhall, Ben, Redman, and everyone else on the offense, pretty much. I believe it's safe to say that Haley is the dumbass at fault here.

Oh, also, Suisham has made at least a few game winning field goals this season. He's a top notch kicker. Sure, him missing the 24 yarder was a shock, but even the best will have their bad moments.

Wallace missed all of training camp and preseason too I believe on his holdout trying to get a new contract. That's why he's been doing bad this year. A coach can't do anything about injuries. They're just part of the game. Mendenhall and Redman were injured as well, but when they've been in the game they didn't do too bad. On top of that, the Pitt OLine was injured (again) this year, which always makes the run game worse since the blocking is worse. Ben was doing well until his injury, and the last two games he's come back or so he's looked rusty. Not the coaching staff's fault. I don't watch the Steelers as much as you so I don't know much about their playcalling and all that, but if that's bad then I can understand wanting to fire their offensive coordinator. Fans always want to fire a coach when they have a disappointing season, but it really isn't always their fault. It's the players that play.

Haha it was supposed to be a joke, since Pitt's had bad field goal kickers for years even though they're originally thought of highly. I can remember a lot of clutch field goals Reed missed for example. Suisham is much better than Reed was though.

Wallace missed all of training camp and preseason too I believe on his holdout trying to get a new contract. That's why he's been doing bad this year. A coach can't do anything about injuries. They're just part of the game. Mendenhall and Redman were injured as well, but when they've been in the game they didn't do too bad. On top of that, the Pitt OLine was injured (again) this year, which always makes the run game worse since the blocking is worse. Ben was doing well until his injury, and the last two games he's come back or so he's looked rusty. Not the coaching staff's fault. I don't watch the Steelers as much as you so I don't know much about their playcalling and all that, but if that's bad then I can understand wanting to fire their offensive coordinator. Fans always want to fire a coach when they have a disappointing season, but it really isn't always their fault. It's the players that play.

Haha it was supposed to be a joke, since Pitt's had bad field goal kickers for years even though they're originally thought of highly. I can remember a lot of clutch field goals Reed missed for example. Suisham is much better than Reed was though.

Yes, but both Wallace and Mendenhall got their crap together. Mendenhall played pretty well today and Wallace played well the last game. There were just bad calls made, like making Suisham try to kick a 53 yarder when it's clear that he's not strong enough to kick so far! Also, the players have to do what their coaches tell them. So if the coaches tell them to do something in a play, and they do it, but it fails to make any progress, that's on the coaches.

Also, the offensive players might not have taken such bad hits if Haley had ordered different plays.

No I understand that they are playing Green Bay, but we really should have beaten them last time, when refs screwed us out of an interception and when our coaches went brain dead in the second half.

Wait, I thought this had happened against the Seahawks. It was nicknamed the Inaccurate Reception or Fail Mary. lol

AP rushes for 250 yards and breaks the all time rushing record (or however more yards he needs) but Rodgers throws for 4 TDs and pulls out the divisional win.

you heard it here first

Nope. I think it's gonna be a lower scoring game because >division rivalry games

Also this made me smile: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8777470/chuck-pagano-indianapolis-colts-returns-team-facility

Edited by Helios

And, after a few good weeks, Tramon Williams goes back to being the player I know he is. A cornerback that can't cover or tackle.

Edit: And has no discipline, though that could be part of the other two things.

Edited by nflchamp

The refs really want Peterson to get this record

He needs 45 right now if my math is right. It'll take a miracle from Rodgers or a stop here by GB to let him get it.

Edit: Make that 38. And he CAN get it with a MN score....if they do nothing but give him the ball here.

Edited by General Rofl_copter

And he doesn't get it....nine yards shy.

I like how he didn't even know that he was just 9 yards away. He played his heart out and I think he deserves the MVP award over Manning this year for carrying the Vikes to the playoffs.

Adrian Peterson should win MVP by such a wide margin it isn't funny. Manning does not get to be MVP for leading a team with a running game to the playoffs (while not always playing well) when Peterson took a pass-less Vikings to the playoffs basically on his own (and Walsh's leg).

Manning is coming back from a nerve injury on his neck, still had a really really good season, and led Denver to the 1 seed in the AFC. Yeah their schedule was pretty easy the second half of the year, but that doesn't discredit Manning's solid year. QB is always more popular than any other position and as a result Manning will get a lot of the credit, but he did have an MVP year normally.

Manning is coming back from a nerve injury on his neck, still had a really really good season, and led Denver to the 1 seed in the AFC. Yeah their schedule was pretty easy the second half of the year, but that doesn't discredit Manning's solid year. QB is always more popular than any other position and as a result Manning will get a lot of the credit, but he did have an MVP year normally.

McGahee went down also.