NFL 2012-2013 Season

Anacybele

As a Vikings fan I feel terrible for AP, he plays his heart out each game with 8 or 9 guys in the box, because the other teams know we can't throw, he is the only reason our team is still afloat. Our Management refuses to realize the mistake the Vikings made with Christian Ponder and refuses to even test the backup, who has proved to be more competent than our Starting QB when he has been in games.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Vikings fan I feel terrible for AP, he plays his heart out each game with 8 or 9 guys in the box, because the other teams know we can't throw, he is the only reason our team is still afloat. Our Management refuses to realize the mistake the Vikings made with Christian Ponder and refuses to even test the backup, who has proved to be more competent than our Starting QB when he has been in games.

So much truth. I was even talking to Fenrir and he was saying how much the Vikes are wasting AP's potential/prime.

My friend was over and isn't a Lions fan, so he was just laughing at me the entire time as Luck embarrassed their defense. That's why you gotta play all 60 minutes though. That was such a disappointing loss. Seems like nothing will go the Lions way this season.

It's the curse dammit, fuck you madden. And Johnson should have KNOWN better than to take that endorsement!

*sigh* and yeah, the last two minutes of that game. Schwartz should have used a fucking timeout to slow down Luck's no huddle attack. The defense was completely gassed by the last few plays of the game, and our front four couldn't get close the bastard dancing around in the pocket. The Offense actually came to play today and our defense let us down.

I think the Eagles should just trade Vick (if they can and someone wants to take the contract like the Jets), trade Lesean Mccoy (he's in his prime and worth a ton), and trade away their DLine and Nnamdi Asomugha and get a ton of picks and rebuild their team.

I like the idea of Philly totally knocking everything down and starting over.

But doesn't that kill Chip Kelly's chances of turning them into the Philadelphia Ducks? Vick, McCoy, Desean Jackson, and green uniforms with wings on them. It can't be worse than whatever Andy Reid is doing.

I guess this makes two of us that can't wait until the Vikings draft Colin Klein!!!(Just kidding! ...well not really, it could possibly be the most hilarious thing ever)

In all seriousness, this is a tragedy for Peterson. He came back from his ACL in like 3 weeks for this? For Ponder throwing 25 times for 119 and 2 picks while he's doing 210 on 21?

Edited by Fenrir

It was a legal block on the torso, the blocker didn't lower his head or shoulder, AND the guy he blocked was in close proximity to the ball carrier, so that penalty was complete bullshit. I would have thought a Steelers fan of all people (also Ravens fans/Ed Reed) would appreciate a spectacular and perfectly placed block.

And yes helios, I was extremely dissapponted in our defense. Of course, it doesn't help when the other team has the #1 TD rushing RB in NCAA history.

It was a legal block on the torso, the blocker didn't lower his head or shoulder, AND the guy he blocked was in close proximity to the ball carrier, so that penalty was complete bullshit. I would have thought a Steelers fan of all people (also Ravens fans/Ed Reed) would appreciate a spectacular and perfectly placed block.

It's not bullshit when that guy could've killed him.

And yes helios, I was extremely dissapponted in our defense. Of course, it doesn't help when the other team has the #1 TD rushing RB in NCAA history.

I honestly feel the play was called just because of safety reasons. The guy looked like he was gonna get decapitated lol.

I was too man! I really like watching Taylor Martinez because I think he's a super underrated QB college-wise. But yeah Montee Ball really stepped it up this week and showed people why he's the best RB in college right now (well maybe Kenyon Barner is better but it's debatable).

It's not bullshit when that guy could've killed him.

Loooool. Yeah maybe they should also penalize any player anytime a block or tackle results in the player leaving his feet. Or maybe they should make all players wear bras and pillow cushions strapped to their helmets! And they should rename it sarcastaball!!

You could make the case that any hard hit could kill a player, but that's the sort of risk you take playing football. There was no malice or intent behind that hit besides making the correct block. That guy got up under his own power a few moments later. And while I can see why they would flag it for 'safety' reasons, then they should have fucking flagged that Wisconsin DT when he picked up Martinez WWE style and smashed him head first into the turf. If the refs are going to be bitches and make bS calls like that, then be consistent ffs!!

Also, check out this TD run after the guy pulled his hamstring at midfield

http://youtu.be/Mn6Ca0_OH9s

@Anacybele: Keep in mind he's a Nebraska fan, so that penalty negatively affected him lol laugh.gif.

@Bob: That TD was dope. I believe we call that "heart".

Also before we derail this thread any further, who do we got for MNF? Giants or Skins?

I think I'm going to take the Giants. This is the time of year they usually get hot and make a run into the playoffs. I love RGIII and what he's done in Washington, but I don't think that team has the tools to take down the Giants. Garcon is back for now, but all he has to do is catch his toe once more on turf, or step on it wrong and he's done for the season. Plus the Skins are terrible at home

@Anacybele: Keep in mind he's a Nebraska fan, so that penalty negatively affected him lol laugh.gif.

How could I keep it in mind if I didn't even know that in the first place? xP

And I apologize if this sounds noobish, but what does MNF mean?

EDIT: Oh, also, Batch is the Steelers digest player of the week! I said that he was a good quarterback and they even say he performed better than Flacco! And that's saying something, because while Flacco is not excellent, he's still a very good QB. Big Ben's still the best though. Go Ben! <3

Edited by Anacybele

Oh, right. lol I feel dumb now.

Anyway, on the Steeler website, they did say that. That could be a little biased though, of course. But still, Batch played well regardless. I mean that key block that got Dwyer a TD? That was awesome stuff.

Edited by Anacybele

Bob one of the things I'll never understand is how you live in Nebraska but are fans of the most random teams lol.

Lions lost Broyles for the rest of the year now because he tore his ACL yesterday. It's too bad because he looked really good when he was playing. I really hope that he doesn't become an injury prone guy otherwise the Lions just wasted their second round pick again (this is a theme for the Lions actually). It makes me wonder if Titus Young is still going to be released or if they'll keep him around at least until the end of the year, because the only other receivers on the team are Calvin Johnson and the recently acquired Mike Thomas. Looks like we're gonna see a lot of two TE sets from the Lions for the rest of the year and they'll probably draft another WR now.

I also got the Giants, but I think the Skins are gonna keep it close. RGIII is really good, but I don't think he's seen a defense like the Giants other than Pitt's, whom he struggled against. However, rivalry games are rivalry games and they always end up being closer than they look on paper. I'm really hoping Cruz has a big game so I can watch him salsa some more and one of my fantasy teams will really benefit :).

A friend of mine always says that I'm a smaller version of Flacco, and though he means it as a compliment, games like yesterday's make me think he's actually insulting me lol.

Edited by Helios

torn ACL isn't as much a "injury prone" type of injury as it is career ending / dampening

quite possibly the worst injury for any athlete in any sport to get. really tough to recover from, and a majority of athletes never play the same way even after recovering from one.

Very true. If he does recover from it, it's not like it'll ever be the same, and if he ends up injuring it again chances are he's gone for good. It's really unfortunate to see so many careers ended by the damn ACL.

Maybe he'll pull an AP and be fine next year. Damn this fucking blows, and here our offense was finally looking like last year. Dammit I don't want us to waste another top 3 round pick on WR, we need to strengthen the Oline badley. If Stafford has even another second or two to work in the pocket, it will make him that much more lethal. Also our secondary/d-line needs some help.

As for having weird sports teams, yeah, that's because there's nothing beyond city level and NCAA collegiate sports. My uncle has been a Lakers fan forever and got me into it at the turn of the century just as Kobe and Shaq ripped off that 3peat. I've never been much into football until last year. Sure, I'd always been partial to the Broncos, with lots of family in CO, and the Vikings, ditto, but I decided to start following the Lions because of Suh and all the young potential there. I don't really give a crap about baseball though, and never had an interest in hockey, though I've been to several IRL games and they're quite fun. Might start rooting for the redwings when if the lockout ever ends.

lmao, they said Batch played better than Flacco? :awesome:

my manz flacco... i really do not understand him, sometimes he's on-point and ridiculous (read: when flacco completely outplayed brady in the pats game last year) and then other times he's fucking terrible. I think he's just lazy.

Maybe he'll pull an AP and be fine next year. Damn this fucking blows, and here our offense was finally looking like last year. Dammit I don't want us to waste another top 3 round pick on WR, we need to strengthen the Oline badley. If Stafford has even another second or two to work in the pocket, it will make him that much more lethal. Also our secondary/d-line needs some help.

As for having weird sports teams, yeah, that's because there's nothing beyond city level and NCAA collegiate sports. My uncle has been a Lakers fan forever and got me into it at the turn of the century just as Kobe and Shaq ripped off that 3peat. I've never been much into football until last year. Sure, I'd always been partial to the Broncos, with lots of family in CO, and the Vikings, ditto, but I decided to start following the Lions because of Suh and all the young potential there. I don't really give a crap about baseball though, and never had an interest in hockey, though I've been to several IRL games and they're quite fun. Might start rooting for the redwings when if the lockout ever ends.

Right? The OLine is starting to look better, we're getting a bit of a running game with Leshoure, and Stafford looks more confident throwing the ball now. Seriously though what the hell happened to our once really deep WR core? OLine will improve over time because Reiff is gonna have more experience and hopefully replace Backus. Sims and Peterman are pretty good usually. We need a new center to groom under Raiola, and another tackle (not sure if Fox is the answer). As for secondary, we drafted a couple corners so we should at least have some depth. What we're REALLY missing is a number one corner. Think if Houston was the number two guy...our whole defense would improve. I also think we need to improve at SS so Delmas would have it a bit easier. DLine in general is just underperforming and I don't think it's a case of not enough talent, but not enough motivation. Also if our secondary improves the DLine will have more time to get to the QB. Do you think any of our coaches are gonna get fired?

Ahhh well that explains that xD. Wingnut got you into the Wings then lol?