NFL 2012-2013 Season

Anacybele

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manning is coming back from a nerve injury on his neck, still had a really really good season, and led Denver to the 1 seed in the AFC. Yeah their schedule was pretty easy the second half of the year, but that doesn't discredit Manning's solid year. QB is always more popular than any other position and as a result Manning will get a lot of the credit, but he did have an MVP year normally.

And Rodgers has led an injury riddled Packers to the number 3 seed with better stats than Manning. It's great that Manning is having a good year, but I'd say he's fourth or fifth as far as MVP should be concerned. The neck injury (which shouldn't even matter for MVP) is the only reason he has such high consideration.

And Rodgers has led an injury riddled Packers to the number 3 seed with better stats than Manning. It's great that Manning is having a good year, but I'd say he's fourth or fifth as far as MVP should be concerned. The neck injury (which shouldn't even matter for MVP) is the only reason he has such high consideration.

Well their stats are pretty comparable actually (Manning vs. Rodgers). Manning did have more decisive victories, that HUGE comeback against the Chargers on MNF, and went 13-3 with that 11 game win streak to seal the deal. But yeah the comeback from the injury and the fact that he's a QB gives him more consideration for it.

Heh, I already knew about this. But the Ravens and their fans are just going to have to suck it up just like the Steelers and us Steeler fans did when Hines Ward retired. And despite that they didn't have a very good season this year due to an idiot offensive coordinator and a bunch of injuries, they still fought hard for what they did get, like their victories over the Giants and Ravens themselves.

Believe it or not, I don't want the Ravens to start falling apart over this. I want them to remain a good team. It makes Steelers vs Ravens all the more exciting and it keeps their rivalry a good one. :P

You want me to stop saying good things about your team? Okay then, I've got no complaint.

or these very backhanded things like "yer gonna have to suck it up lol because steelers"

What if a team like Arizona went and overpaid for him in Free Agency

Arizona or Kansas City/Andy Reid if they don't take Geno. I'm almost expecting that now.

or these very backhanded things like "yer gonna have to suck it up lol because steelers"

AJ Green/Geno Atkins look a lot scarier than anything the Steelers and Ravens have right now. That's what I'd be worried about.

Arizona or Kansas City/Andy Reid if they don't take Geno. I'm almost expecting that now.

AJ Green/Geno Atkins look a lot scarier than anything the Steelers and Ravens have right now. That's what I'd be worried about.

I'm thinking Arizona since I almost completely expect KC to pick Geno Smith with the first pick. New coach always wants a new QB, and Andy Reid will like Geno Smith's somewhat decent mobility (He's no Vick or RGIII, or even Newton or Luck, but he can run better than Manning and Brady lol). Doesn't mean I agree with any QB in this draft class going high though.

Bengals are on the up and up man. If they work around the pieces they have right now, they could possibly take over and become the best team in the AFC North. They have a better secondary than the Ravens and Steelers, Geno Atkins is better than anyone but maybe Haloti Ngata, and AJ Green is the best WR in that division. Must feel good to be a Bengals fan except for the fact Marvin Lewis is still somehow the coach.

So, the Steelers might be letting Todd Haley go after all. They gave him permission to be interviewed by the Cardinals. I really hope Haley leaves, because he's gotta go. I want my old Steeler offense back, the one that could get the points to beat any team, even the best ones sometimes. That old Steeler team was able to beat the Packers and Patriots. They were both close wins, but wins nonetheless. But in past seasons, the Steelers made a lot of awesome plays like deep throws to Wallace, something we rarely see anymore. I also miss all those trick plays they did too, another thing we don't see much of now. Also, Antonio Brown should work on his throwing if he wants to successfully perform the Randel El Pass (what I call the technique where Antwaan Randel El would throw the ball to another player after Ben hands it to him). He should, because that move is ace.

Defeating the Giants and Ravens this season was a step in the right direction, but they kept falling off that train and their chances of making the playoffs were ruined.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm thinking Arizona since I almost completely expect KC to pick Geno Smith with the first pick. New coach always wants a new QB, and Andy Reid will like Geno Smith's somewhat decent mobility (He's no Vick or RGIII, or even Newton or Luck, but he can run better than Manning and Brady lol). Doesn't mean I agree with any QB in this draft class going high though.

You're probably right. Why else would Reid pick KC than to pick Geno #1?

Bengals are on the up and up man. If they work around the pieces they have right now, they could possibly take over and become the best team in the AFC North. They have a better secondary than the Ravens and Steelers, Geno Atkins is better than anyone but maybe Haloti Ngata, and AJ Green is the best WR in that division. Must feel good to be a Bengals fan except for the fact Marvin Lewis is still somehow the coach.

I'm picking the Bengals to win that division next year. I'll put money on it. The other thing they have going for them is youth. They're the only team with it, Pittsburgh and Baltimore have a lot of older linebackers and the Browns are old AND inexperienced, AND bad! Weeden!

So, the Steelers might be letting Todd Haley go after all. They gave him permission to be interviewed by the Cardinals. I really hope Haley leaves, because he's gotta go. I want my old Steeler offense back, the one that could get the points to beat any team, even the best ones sometimes. That old Steeler team was able to beat the Packers and Patriots. They were both close wins, but wins nonetheless. But in past seasons, the Steelers made a lot of awesome plays like deep throws to Wallace, something we rarely see anymore. I also miss all those trick plays they did too, another thing we don't see much of now. Also, Antonio Brown should work on his throwing if he wants to successfully perform the Randel El Pass (what I call the technique where Antwaan Randel El would throw the ball to another player after Ben hands it to him). He should, because that move is ace.

Defeating the Giants and Ravens this season was a step in the right direction, but they kept falling off that train and their chances of making the playoffs were ruined.

The Steelers just need to be healthy on offense(They'd have a couple more wins if Ben were healthy for all 16 games) + fix up the line a little.(Although Pouncey was also injured this year)

Their real problem is that they can't rely on their D anymore. They need to fight back father time with some young guys.(All this in my stupid opinion)

The Steelers just need to be healthy on offense(They'd have a couple more wins if Ben were healthy for all 16 games) + fix up the line a little.(Although Pouncey was also injured this year)

Their real problem is that they can't rely on their D anymore. They need to fight back father time with some young guys.(All this in my stupid opinion)

The defense is as awesome as ever, despite the older players on it. They need little change, if any. Also, most of the injured players were young guys, including rookies. I've said this before. xP

No, the Steelers D does need a bunch of new blood. You can keep spouting homerisms on how awesome the 'Iron Curtain' is but the fact is that they are going to keep having guys get derailed by injury because they're older and simply more susceptible to it. Old defenses are extremely risky. Just look at the Ravens FFS, Lewis missed most of the season and everyone in baltimore holds their breath every time Reed goes down. I'm not saying they need to dump everyone on defense, but they could definitely use a couple of young linebacker talent.

They still have one of the best defenses in the league. But they're not the best D in the league like their #1 yards per game allowed would indicate. The Steelers defense had the LEAST amount of plays from scrimmage as any other defensive team in the league. Which means that they got off the field and forced 3 and outs, yes. But also their games were played at a much slower pace than the rest of the league. Their offense also ran and held on to the ball, (they had the second best time of possesion to Houston) influencing scores to be lower than other teams who throw the ball around more.

TL;DR The Steelers hold/run the ball, and it pumps up their defensive stats. But some of that can be attributed to a high amount of 3 and outs.

Low time on field for defense = fresh legs, less chance of being injured and of course less yards and scores for the other team.

-Price the Steelers paid for this strategy was their offense doing shitty-

High time on field for defense = Tired legs, high chance of injury, and the other team having many more opportunities.

-Like how Oregon's defense gives up so many points because they just have so many total plays in their games, all stats are deceiving taken out of context, and the Steelers need alot of context-

Now, all of these stats are very cut and dry until you hit the one where the Steelers averaged just 96.1 rushing yards per game as a team.(26th in the league!!) So to me, they were basically just running the ball for the sake of holding the ball and hoping their defense would bail them out.

So basically, the Steelers ran the ball a ton and chewed up the clock, and it served as the crutch for an aging defense.(That's what the numbers I found said, anyway)

That being said, the Steelers probably ran the ball too much because they didn't have Rothlisberger. But then again, even when they get Ben back healthy they're a team that's regressing due to age and heavily dependent on the QB.

Way too long of a post and randombobman said alot of the same things without as many confusing stats and sugar coatings.

No, the Steelers D does need a bunch of new blood. You can keep spouting homerisms on how awesome the 'Iron Curtain' is but the fact is that they are going to keep having guys get derailed by injury because they're older and simply more susceptible to it. Old defenses are extremely risky. Just look at the Ravens FFS, Lewis missed most of the season and everyone in baltimore holds their breath every time Reed goes down. I'm not saying they need to dump everyone on defense, but they could definitely use a couple of young linebacker talent.

It's "Steel Curtain" actually.

I never said the defense couldn't use a little change. I said "little, if any" after all. Sure, some guys would probably be better off retiring now, like Casey Hampton. That guy's as old as Hines Ward, I think.

You're probably right. Why else would Reid pick KC than to pick Geno #1?

I'm picking the Bengals to win that division next year. I'll put money on it. The other thing they have going for them is youth. They're the only team with it, Pittsburgh and Baltimore have a lot of older linebackers and the Browns are old AND inexperienced, AND bad! Weeden!

Exactly. Why wouldn't you want to start fresh with the team with a first round pick anyway? Chiefs have a lot of great talent on their team; if Reid finds a QB he likes and they give him some more pieces they'll give Manning and Denver some pressure.

Even after Dalton's performance yesterday? I think the Ravens and Steelers are going to improve big time this offseason though, grabbing some free agents and drafting more good young talent to start replacing their old guys. The Bengals look promising, yes, but I'm not 100% sure they make that next big step to win two more games next year.

They still have one of the best defenses in the league. But they're not the best D in the league like their #1 yards per game allowed would indicate. The Steelers defense had the LEAST amount of plays from scrimmage as any other defensive team in the league. Which means that they got off the field and forced 3 and outs, yes. But also their games were played at a much slower pace than the rest of the league. Their offense also ran and held on to the ball, (they had the second best time of possesion to Houston) influencing scores to be lower than other teams who throw the ball around more.

TL;DR The Steelers hold/run the ball, and it pumps up their defensive stats. But some of that can be attributed to a high amount of 3 and outs.

Low time on field for defense = fresh legs, less chance of being injured and of course less yards and scores for the other team.

-Price the Steelers paid for this strategy was their offense doing shitty-

High time on field for defense = Tired legs, high chance of injury, and the other team having many more opportunities.

-Like how Oregon's defense gives up so many points because they just have so many total plays in their games, all stats are deceiving taken out of context, and the Steelers need alot of context-

Now, all of these stats are very cut and dry until you hit the one where the Steelers averaged just 96.1 rushing yards per game as a team.(26th in the league!!) So to me, they were basically just running the ball for the sake of holding the ball and hoping their defense would bail them out.

So basically, the Steelers ran the ball a ton and chewed up the clock, and it served as the crutch for an aging defense.(That's what the numbers I found said, anyway)

That being said, the Steelers probably ran the ball too much because they didn't have Rothlisberger. But then again, even when they get Ben back healthy they're a team that's regressing due to age and heavily dependent on the QB.

Way too long of a post and randombobman said alot of the same things without as many confusing stats and sugar coatings.

#deepanalysis

Rodgers only threw one touchdown. It was a terrible day by his standards.

January 5th 2013, the worst day of NFL playoff quarterbacking with multiple games. Of all time.

Exactly. Why wouldn't you want to start fresh with the team with a first round pick anyway? Chiefs have a lot of great talent on their team; if Reid finds a QB he likes and they give him some more pieces they'll give Manning and Denver some pressure.

SOME pressure. But Dwayne Bowe, Jamal Charles, Hali and the rest of the gang only won two games. I don't think Reid and Geno will be turning it around that fast.

Even after Dalton's performance yesterday? I think the Ravens and Steelers are going to improve big time this offseason though, grabbing some free agents and drafting more good young talent to start replacing their old guys. The Bengals look promising, yes, but I'm not 100% sure they make that next big step to win two more games next year.

I take back every good thing I ever said about Cincinnati. They suck!

#deepanalysis

I went so deep. I'm so proud of me.

And I might be just a little dissapointed nobody tried to throw up a few counter-points

Edited by Fenrir