NFL 2012-2013 Season

Anacybele

If we're really gonna continue on about this foolish "America's team" debate...

http://www.forbes.com/nfl-valuations/list/

lol, that's all about money. Having a lot of money doesn't automatically make you the best team. I can tell you right now that in no way are the Colts better than the Steelers, for example. And the Packers and Patriots are way better than the overrated Cowboys. And I hate all three teams.

But you're right, this debate is silly. So I'm ending it right here.

EDIT: Actually, screw the title America's Team. The Cowboys can have it. Other Google sources say that the Steelers are the WORLD'S Team. Hehe. Ben said so himself too and decided to let the Cowboys have their fun with their little title. You tell 'em, Ben!

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I challenge anacybele to not post about the steelers in this thread for a full month. Not just a challenge, but a request

I'd almost be willing to enforce that if you'd take the quid pro quo of the deal and not talk about the Ravens in this thread for a month. Particularly with the super bowl appearance coming up.

Give it two weeks. I don't go around responding to everyone (note: responding) saying "The Ravens do this too," or "The Ravens are the best." My team's actually been playing for the past month too; most of my posts are commenting about the game that just occurred and games that are about to occur. Part of my posts was a joke though, but I was partially serious too - but only in the concept, since I understand you are a little more literal minded than most. Hell no would I want you to actually go out of your way to enforce it, I'm not an asshole (although asking you to make me do the same when my team is about to go to a super bowl doesn't do anything to make you look so great either).

This just in; I just saw a nice video montage of Kaepernick running and making touchdowns. He is fast as shit. I am legitimately afraid for this super bowl; predicting a 49ers win but hoping for the best.

Edited by Lord Raven

Dude, take a joke better.
I think you know exactly why I said what I said (or maybe not, our communication amongst each other sucks). Probably better for both of us you passed it off (or originally intended it to be, I never know with you!) a joke.
Anyway, so glad I was wrong about Brady winning. I guess he's just not as dominant as he used to be.
He's not dominant but he's still very good. That game was not his best performance, either. Edited by Lord Raven

Well hey, Joe's on top of the world now. I'm a Joe Flacco fan now too! We're all Joe Flacco fans because everyone hates New England!

On the topic of rivalries, I think Manning/Brady is the best out of this generation. When they play and give us a good game. We all forget that the rest of the league can even do anything. It sucks in your soul.

To be fair, the Falcons don't run the ball well because they don't want to run the ball well. They changed their philosophy. They went from having run blocking lineman to pass blocking lineman. And they traded away the future for Julio Jones. I love all the weapons on the 49ers. I just wish Mario Manningham was healthy.

Aqib Talib? I don't know. I don't think Tom Brady can be trusted in big games anymore. Which to me brings up a funny point. If you had to pick a quarterback to lead your playoff run who would you even want? Brees? Eli? Flacco? Rodgers? Kaepernick? One of the rookie triplets? I think I'd go with Drew Brees since most of the years he's been one and done or even when he's been eliminated he's never disappeared.(Remember Seattle in 2010?) But then again, he wasn't even in the playoffs this year.

So much truth hahaha.

Agreed. I don't think there is a better QB rivalry that I've ever seen in my short life. It makes it sad that it'll only be a memory soon now that they're getting old.

Truuu. But still you need a balanced attack to be successful in the NFL. Even when the Saints and Pack won it all they had a decent enough running game. Look at the Lions if you want to see a passing attack and only a passing attack...you see how that works out lol.

Man I was hoping Randy Moss would have more of an impact statistically.

Yeah Aqib Talib was big for the Pats secondary, and it showed when he left,. Makes you wonder why the hell the Bucs let him go even after the suspension. Man was too talented to just let go like that IMO. Anyway, I disagree about Brady. He's come up in big games before this, and I think it's not much of a sample size to say Brady's lost it yet.

I'd probably take Rodgers just because he's Rodgers. I feel like last year I would have said Eli, but this year he wasn't as consistent. Flacco doesn't feel like he's proven himself to be in the elite category YET, but I think if he wins the ring this year he'd have to be up there. Brees throws too many picks in clutch situations, Manning = one and done half the time, and Kaepernick is still unproven.

Give it two weeks. I don't go around responding to everyone (note: responding) saying "The Ravens do this too," or "The Ravens are the best." My team's actually been playing for the past month too; most of my posts are commenting about the game that just occurred and games that are about to occur. Part of my posts was a joke though, but I was partially serious too - but only in the concept, since I understand you are a little more literal minded than most. Hell no would I want you to actually go out of your way to enforce it, I'm not an asshole (although asking you to make me do the same when my team is about to go to a super bowl doesn't do anything to make you look so great either).

Sorry but I have to agree with this here. When I first started posting in this thread, all the steelers talk was initially interesting, then amusing, and now just annoying. I don't have anything against the team, but when you constantly talk about how great they are or this or that about them in EVERY SINGLE FREAKING REPLY, it gets old, FAST. Hell, me and helios have more to talk about as Lions fans with Megatron almost getting 2,000 recieving yards then the disaster of a season the Steelers had.

On another note, I'm rooting for the Ravens and Ray Lewis to win the bowl. Kap will only improve next year and the Niners will have more fuel to win out with a better see, etc. Falcons are going to be shit without Gonzalez next year

Calvin Johnson's record breaking season is probably the most forgotten story in the NFL this year thanks to the Leos shitty record. It's really pretty sad.

I'm rooting for the Ravens as well for pretty similar reasons, but I'm not sure they'll actually win it. Will the Ravens be able to stop Gore, James, and Kaepernick running the ball? I think they'll be fine against the pass, but the running game is what would worry me if I was the Ravens. Too much speed to handle for them. Also, if we consider Luck an "athletic QB", the Ravens are 1-2 against "athletic QBs" this year (Lost to Vick's Eagles and RGIII's Redskins, but beat Luck's Colts). Just some food for thought.

I really don't want the Niners to be 6-0 in SB appearances. They really need to lose. And Jim is fucking nuts, John is the better of the two brothers, and Lewis retiring, etc. Give me the Ravens please, even though a win will only serve to over-inflate Flacco's value way beyond his skill.

This just in; I just saw a nice video montage of Kaepernick running and making touchdowns. He is fast as shit. I am legitimately afraid for this super bowl; predicting a 49ers win but hoping for the best.

What's the over/under on bicep kisses for Kaep?

Anyway, I disagree about Brady. He's come up in big games before this, and I think it's not much of a sample size to say Brady's lost it yet.

I don't know, here's his last 4 years...

2009: Got slaughtered by the Ravens at home.

2010: 14-2, dominant regular season. Lost to Jets at home.

2011: Got a "Double bye" with Tebow in town, got outplayed but managed to eek out a win against the Ravens and then lost to the Giants.

2012: Beat a Texans team that couldn't possibly match up worse with the Patriots, then got shut out in the 2nd half vs. a Ravens team most people though wasn't so good coming into the playoffs.

So the Patriots are 3-4 in that time span. Looked it up and found out the Patriots were 14 pt favorites against the Broncos and 10.5 against Houston. So unless Brady's a double digit home favorite he's 1-4 in the last four years. Matt Ryan is also 1-4 in the last 4 years when he's not a 10 pt home favorite.(And I know we can't say those wins don't matter, they do. But, I think just about any team in the 2011 divisional round could've beat that Denver team and the same goes for Houston)

/deepanalysis

I'd probably take Rodgers just because he's Rodgers. I feel like last year I would have said Eli, but this year he wasn't as consistent. Flacco doesn't feel like he's proven himself to be in the elite category YET, but I think if he wins the ring this year he'd have to be up there. Brees throws too many picks in clutch situations, Manning = one and done half the time, and Kaepernick is still unproven.

I take back what I said. I want Eli. Rodgers is probably #3 for me though.

I don't know, here's his last 4 years...

2009: Got slaughtered by the Ravens at home.

2010: 14-2, dominant regular season. Lost to Jets at home.

2011: Got a "Double bye" with Tebow in town, got outplayed but managed to eek out a win against the Ravens and then lost to the Giants.

2012: Beat a Texans team that couldn't possibly match up worse with the Patriots, then got shut out in the 2nd half vs. a Ravens team most people though wasn't so good coming into the playoffs.

So the Patriots are 3-4 in that time span. Looked it up and found out the Patriots were 14 pt favorites against the Broncos and 10.5 against Houston. So unless Brady's a double digit home favorite he's 1-4 in the last four years. Matt Ryan is also 1-4 in the last 4 years when he's not a 10 pt home favorite.(And I know we can't say those wins don't matter, they do. But, I think just about any team in the 2011 divisional round could've beat that Denver team and the same goes for Houston)

/deepanalysis

I take back what I said. I want Eli. Rodgers is probably #3 for me though.

Jets game was pretty evenly matched, huge rivarly, and keep in mind it was super close, the Jets had the best D in the league, and it came up to some lucky Mark Sanchez final drives to get that win for the Jets. The Giants game was also evenly matched, Brady played well but Eli played even better. So I really think it's debatable. I do see what you're saying though.

Lee Evans and billy cundiff beat the ravens not Brady

What's the over/under on bicep kisses for Kaep?
idk but my manz can run 10 yards in 4 strides and somehow hit a 22 mph speed Edited by Lord Raven

Jets game was pretty evenly matched, huge rivarly, and keep in mind it was super close, the Jets had the best D in the league, and it came up to some lucky Mark Sanchez final drives to get that win for the Jets. The Giants game was also evenly matched, Brady played well but Eli played even better. So I really think it's debatable. I do see what you're saying though.

I'd disagree. The Patriots beat the Jets 45!-3! earlier that season. That Jets team was nowhere near as good as that Patriots team. It was a rivalry game but doesn't that further hurt Brady's rep as a killer?

This just in: Ray Lewis is doing some deer antler spray

lol

/Lance'd!!

I saw on tv some Niners joking with someone about breaking into Ray Lewis's locker and farting in it or something. MAN, did I laugh my ass off! XD

You go, Niners! LOL

Err what happened to the ravens????

What do you mean? They're playing circles around the Niners right now. And winning.

I knew Ed Reed was going to cause trouble. Well, it isn't like I care that much. If the Niners win, that means the Ravens lose (woo hoo!) and if the Ravens win, that means the Steelers keep their number one spot at Super Bowl wins (woo hoo!).

Edited by Anacybele

Niners gonna need to do a little more than fart in Ray Lewis's locker right now

Yeah, like seriously. They've turned over the ball three times, given the Ravens advantage because of penalties, and they don't even have one TD yet. Tsk.

Edited by Anacybele

What do you mean? They're playing circles around the Niners right now. And winning.

Yeah I know!! It's awesome!! They didn't do this at all in the playoffs!!

Beyonce was fucking amazing

Jacoby jones MVP calling it

Edited by Lord Raven