Ana's Updated Sprites

Anacybele

I act like I'm a good spriter because I AM a good spriter. You all just don't want to admit it and are too stuck up on your spriting high horses to admit it.

Well I'm not a good spriter. At least not regarding mugs. And I still think you're not good at all. Yet.

[23:32:06] Feawture: "You think I don't try to do that? I can't tell what colors work where and which don't. Also, Farina's hair color was the closest to what I had in mind."

as such, youre not a good spriter

[23:32:14] Feawture: becuase a good spriter known this stuff

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I agree I thought so too =[ Not 100% changed but... I think the main thing was people weren't being as insulting at first and the more blunt they were she just went back to how she was before...

Char's post definitely looked like it was supposed to be insulting and unnecessary and whatnot, but I told her to ignore all that since they would know better and I guess that didn't work out either...

It might be my fault for trying to encourage her in hope the messy posts/topics would disappear.

Perhaps I will quit interfering now x3

They weren't simply being blunt this time, Freohr. They were being plain insulting and trolling, and that's that. But don't worry, I'm going to ignore them from here on out. I'm sick of this shit.

If they were just being blunt and not so hurtful or trollsome (like blaming me for bad shading that I didn't even do. I didn't know that some existing mugs had bad shading or whatever), I would've gladly listened.

Feawture: Oh, so not knowing ONE thing makes me a bad spriter. lol

Then teach me how to tell when a color doesn't work, if you're so smart.

Edited by Anacybele

Well, since Farina's hair is more like blocky shading and stuff, and Sain's is more like strandy and whatnot Farina's hair colour just doesn't look right on his. contrast~

I act like I'm a good spriter because I AM a good spriter. You all just don't want to admit it and are too stuck up on your spriting high horses to admit it. You all think you're so great and the best ever at what you do. Well guess what? You're not. For example, your tutorial on doing blinking frames? It looked terrible. I've seen way better. Don't think that you all are absolutely perfect, because you're not.

You're HILARIOUS. They think they're the best at what they do because they kind of are! And you say THEY'RE on a high horse, while you throw a tantrum because you SO ARE the best? How old are you, eight?

EDIT: Actually, Kael's face isn't Wolt's. It's a heavily modified version of it. I changed it to make it look more like Ike.

Fascinating! You failed, as you'd know if you actually looked at Char's critique. Do you even know what Ike looks like, or is your mental image of him genuinely complete with paralysis of the face?

They weren't simply being blunt this time, Freohr.  They were being plain insulting and trolling, and that's that.  But don't worry, I'm going to ignore them from here on out.  I'm sick of this shit.

If they were just being blunt and not so hurtful or trollsome (like blaming me for bad shading that I didn't even do.  I didn't know that some existing mugs had bad shading or whatever), I would've gladly listened.

Feawture: Oh, so not knowing ONE thing makes me a bad spriter. lol

Well it's just an example, you know.

If they were just being blunt and not so hurtful or trollsome (like blaming me for bad shading that I didn't even do.  I didn't know that some existing mugs had bad shading or whatever), I would've gladly listened.

This one here is another.

We didn't blame you for the shading. We blamed you for /not improving/ the shading to /acceptable/ levels.

Well it sorta is something you learn as you grow as a spriter (or having a good eye for color).

I cannot really teach you that, but yeah, I know my colors.

You wanted critique, I gave it to you. You didn't wanna talk about colors anymore. Why you so angry? I did what you asked.

Next time just tell me to compliment your work instead of giving critique because there are no flaws THAT YOU SEE (which is kinda the purpose of critique; you know, other people pointing out flaws that your tired eyes cannot see after staring at the same mesh of pixels for whatever time it took you to conjure the piece). If that is the case, put in your subtitle, "plz2b only compliments cause I can't handle critique"

TBH, your sprites will mostly be praised completely with no qualms by A) people who can't sprite and B) people who are under you in level and C) people who have no idea about the style. This site is different. We have accomplished FE style spriters here who know what they are talking about. If one of them (especially those above my level) comes by and says, "I disagree with your point because of this," then I'll consider it and be like, "Maybe I was wrong." That is something you lack. You don't listen "as if you could be wrong." You listen to what you wanna listen to. This will be the bane of your talent. Scholars never learn if they think there is nothing to be learned.

EDIT: And I meant everything I said in a non-trolly way. I'm being completely serious with you. Take it as a TROLOLOL if you want, but that is your paranoid delusion. You aren't a victim. Get over yourself.

Edited by honeyBADGER

We didn't blame you for the shading. We blamed you for /not improving/ the shading to /acceptable/ levels.

Oh. I misunderstood there, then. I apologize. If I had known that the shading was not good to begin with, I'd have fixed it. But I didn't know, so yeah. How can I improve it, then?

Well it sorta is something you learn as you grow as a spriter (or having a good eye for color).

I cannot really teach you that, but yeah, I know my colors.

Oh, okay then. I'll try to do that.

Well, since Farina's hair is more like blocky shading and stuff, and Sain's is more like strandy and whatnot Farina's hair colour just doesn't look right on his. contrast~

Oh, I see. Then whose hair color would work better? Hector's, maybe? Or Thany's? Or Oujay's?

Do you even know what Ike looks like, or is your mental image of him genuinely complete with paralysis of the face?

Of course I do. I have him in my sig, and he's on a poster on my wall that I made myself. I was using the poster for reference because I was looking to make Kael look more like PoR Ike, who is on said poster. Also, he doesn't have to look EXACTLY like him.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, I'd say probably someone like Hector/Gale. Thany's would work too but it's probably not so much the right colour that you're shooting for if you're going for Ike-ish.

Basically since Sain's is in finer strands, he has to have more contrast in between the colours to make the shading stand out (because there is a lot more hair shading going on for him than Farina, and you get more definition if you have more contrast between shades)

Edit: and anyone else who's better feel free to correct me if my terminology is wrong or if I'm way off base

Edited by Bacon

12odn.png

Here you go. I messed with the face a bit. I'll work more with it when I get home from work. I also played with the colors. I literally took the red from Kent, and the cape from Eubans, and the pad from Wallace. The eyes were customed and the hair was edited from Hector's.

Edit: And the headband were Fiora's darkest and second hair tones. He also is a little more rounded than I had planned. Like I said, I'll muck with it later again.

Edited by honeyBADGER

The only problem I have with it is that his headband is too far up and there's too much shading below his nose. He looks a bit too young now too, imo. I prefer the eyes I had.

Other than that, it looks alright to me. You didn't need to change it FOR me though. I could've done it myself.

EDIT: I also rather prefer the red I used. It wasn't supposed to be a dark red, more like a bright red. But not as bright as Eliwood/Roy hair. Oh, and why did you change the color of the inside of the cape? I wanted that light brown.

Edited by Anacybele

Oh, and why did you change the color of the inside of the cape? I wanted that light brown.

OH SO THAT IS WHAT IT WAS. OKAY.

I'm not changing it for you. I'm giving you a reference. You still gotta change it yourself. :]

EDIT: Wait...how old is he supposed to be?

Edited by honeyBADGER

Yeah, the inside of the cape. lol XD

And okay. Oh, his age? I really should've specified that before, my bad. He's the same age as PoR Ike, 17. Roughly. At least, that's how old I always guessed PoR Ike was.

IMO, your version looks more like a 14-15 year old.

Edited by Anacybele

Shadowofchaos: Except he wasn't critiquing anything in that post.

I know this has been addressed, but if he WASN'T you could have reported him for a simply insulting post detailed in the Serenes Forest Code of Conduct.

Even if you did, eCut would probably laugh at said report because his criticism was 95% of that post. Criticism isn't all "Oh, your sprite has this SLIGHTLY wrong with it."

Sometimes it's blunt and it's harsh. And if they are completely justified in pointing out the flaws in your work that you don't see, then you're just gonna have to suck it up, because no mod has any justification in silencing them.

Wolt is fifteen years old. Either choose an older subject or make the proper edits to age him two years.

And I did change Wolt's face. I didn't leave it exactly the way it was.