Ana's Updated Sprites

Anacybele

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RanRan, i actually used to make my own palettes when spriting and the colors really got too dark even with the FE8 outline color. I had to go back and recolor a ton of shit. Its tedious but it does make the sprites look better in the long run.

It doesn't take too long to change colors.

For me, it does. And if I want to keep the style of my comics and such consistent, I'd have to change all my mugs' colors.

And as I said, I prefer FE7 colors over FE8's. It may be difficult to make my own colors when necessary, but I don't mind. In fact, I enjoy the challenge. End of story, okay?

Edited by Anacybele

Well, I haven't made a mug in awhile, so I made one. :P:

kael___mugshot_by_great_aether-d5dqj0b.png

This is Kael, Ike and Elincia's son. He will be one of the main characters in my fic's sequel. He looks a lot like his father, as you can see, and he also inherited his mother's golden brown eyes. Kael would be the only blue-haired main character in the whole series that doesn't also have blue eyes, I think. Anyway, his class is Ranger, and he promotes to Hero, then Vanguard. Kael also becomes the leader of his own mercenary company, called the Ike Mercenaries (it should be obvious where THAT name came from lol). Like father, like son, as they say.

Oh, and this mug is a splice of several characters. The hair is from Sain, though somewhat modified, the face is heavily modified from Wolt's, the tunic is also from Wolt (also slightly modified), the shoulder guard is from Raven, and the cape is from Roy. I drew the tails of the headband myself.

Edited by Anacybele

And as I said, I prefer FE7 colors over FE8's. It may be difficult to make my own colors when necessary, but I don't mind. In fact, I enjoy the challenge. End of story, okay?

Yeah, but it's easier to just look for a color that's already on an FE7 sprite. xP

If you enjoyed the challenge, why would you pick the easy route and still complain?

I'm intrigued.

If you enjoyed the challenge, why would you pick the easy route and still complain?

I'm intrigued.

You misunderstand me. I said that I use existing FE7 colors when I can (because why waste time making my own color when the exact color I'm looking for is already on an existing sprite?), but when I can't, I make my own, which I also enjoy doing. I'm saying I like doing both.

And I don't recall complaining about anything other than FE8 colors being too bright for me at times.

Also, this issue needs to end. I posted a new mug, and that's the subject right now.

Edited by Anacybele

Mk bby.

Doesn't look like Ike, bar the blue hair and headband/mono pad/cape fetish. As a matter of fact, doesn't look like Elincia, either.

Eyes are derpy.

Head is loooooooooong.

Shading: chunky chunky chunky

What is that behind his dinky dinged up pad?

Mouth is too short. Kinda like a woman's mouth.

That red. I need a mop to clean up my floor after my eyes melted all over it.

Ear needs some highlight.

Shading is funky on the far side of the face.

That cape blue is ew. Gotta work on that contrast.

Farina blue just doesn't work well with the way Sain's hair is shaded. It burns.

Those headband tails are like...blocks? Are they cloth or starched?

Headband angle is pretty much off on the forehead.

Since we are on the topic of Kael:

Is this boy considered the prince of Crimea?

If yes:

What is he doing going around being a mercenary? Did he run away from home and hide from mommy Elincia so that he could live like his father did?

If no:

Alright. He can be a mercenary. But why the Ike Mercenaries? Ike didn't want to train him and put him into his mercenary group? Daddy was scared for his spawn's welfare and thus let him make his own mercenary group which he conveniently named after the father that didn't accept him? Awwwwwwwwkwaaaard. I'd also imagine that, since he is so young, his mercenary group is mainly made of children his age and younger. I doubt a seasoned fighter that has many years under his or her belt would readily follow a boy, regardless of how esteemed his father is.

Edited by honeyBADGER

Also, this issue needs to end. I posted a new mug, and that's the subject right now.

"You are critiquing an older completely different work, but I posted a new one. Attention must be shifted to the new thing because any flaws in the old mug are now obsolete to talk about."

Control freak, much?

They are free to focus on any of your works that have previously been posted.

Mk bby.

Doesn't look like Ike, bar the blue hair and headband/mono pad/cape fetish. As a matter of fact, doesn't look like Elincia, either.

You're blind. I would've thought he WAS Ike at first if I hadn't made it. How the hell does he not look like him? Also, he's meant to look more like his father than his mother.

Eyes are derpy.

I disagree.

Head is loooooooooong.

Doesn't look that long to me. I like it the way it is.

Shading: chunky chunky chunky

Which shading? Be more specific, please. Also, I did very little of the shading that's already there, just to clarify.

What is that behind his dinky dinged up pad?

What thing? I don't know exactly what you're talking about.

Mouth is too short. Kinda like a woman's mouth.

Never changed the length of the mouth. It was already like that when I started. Don't blame me.

That red. I need a mop to clean up my floor after my eyes melted all over it.

Too bad, because I took it from an FE7 mug.

Ear needs some highlight.

Fine.

Shading is funky on the far side of the face.

I don't see what's wrong with it.

That cape blue is ew. Gotta work on that contrast.

Your opinion. I personally like it. Oh, and I took that color from an FE7 mug too.

Farina blue just doesn't work well with the way Sain's hair is shaded. It burns.

Looks fine to me. I don't see the problem.

Those headband tails are like...blocks? Are they cloth or starched?

Cloth, of course.

Headband angle is pretty much off on the forehead.

I don't see how.

Since we are on the topic of Kael:

Is this boy considered the prince of Crimea?

No. Elincia no longer considers herself royalty at this point because she long abdicated the throne to Renning.

If no:

Alright. He can be a mercenary. But why the Ike Mercenaries? Ike didn't want to train him and put him into his mercenary group? Daddy was scared for his spawn's welfare and thus let him make his own mercenary group which he conveniently named after the father that didn't accept him? Awwwwwwwwkwaaaard. I'd also imagine that, since he is so young, his mercenary group is mainly made of children his age and younger. I doubt a seasoned fighter that has many years under his or her belt would readily follow a boy, regardless of how esteemed his father is.

You're such a troll.

Ike is no longer in charge of the Greil Mercenaries. Remember, he left at the end of RD. And why do you assume that Ike didn't train his son? Of course he did. Kael simply decides to venture to Tellius afterward, where he meets the children of the Greil Mercenaries, and together they form the Ike Mercenaries, the group that succeeds the Greil Mercenaries, whom had pretty much broken up after RD.

Shadowofchaos: Except he wasn't critiquing anything in that post.

Edited by Anacybele

you do understand that when a better spriter than you(like char for instance) tells you something is not good, it isn't his opinion, it's genuinely not good right?

because you make it sound like he makes terrible mugs and yours are beyond compare

also i'm not here

Edited by Kitty of Time

Your trying to excuse things by saying they're from FE7 DOES NOT WORK because there are problems in the colors and shading of already existing FE mugs.

If anyone's the troll, it's you. You post something and then when you ask people to post on that thing, you deny everything they say JUST LIKE YOU WERE DOING IN THE LAST TOPIC, instead of trying to see what they're saying. All you do is say "I THINK IT LOOKS FINE LOL NOT CHANGING IT", and think that works.

It doesn't.

I had hoped you'd changed, but I can see you've gone back to how you were before. Disappointing.

...My mugs aren't terrible. Not the best in the world, but I fail to see how they are terrible. And now I feel absolutely insulted again.

EDIT: Then why tell me to use FE7 colors and FE7 mugs for reference in the first place? That's what I was taught here. So no, I'm not the troll.

Edited by Anacybele

...My mugs aren't terrible. Not the best in the world, but I fail to see how they are terrible. And now I feel absolutely insulted again.

You fail to see how they're terrible because you're not that good of a spriter, but Honeybadger is >:U

This is why you can't see why all the things he pointed out. Maybe if you listened to people like him, and improved, you'd see why your sprite isn't that good.

EDIT: Then why tell me to use FE7 colors and FE7 mugs for reference in the first place? That's what I was taught here. So no, I'm not the troll.

Because you can use them and should use them in places that they work? You're not doing that, and you're acting like you are.

Quit acting like you're actually a decent spriter. You're pretty sub par, and I'm getting tired of coming in here and seeing you say "no you're wrong they look fine" to some of the best spriters in the community. Either listen up, or go back to dA.

Edited by seph1212

you do understand that when a better spriter than you(like char for instance) tells you something is not good, it isn't his opinion, it's genuinely not good right?

because you make it sound like he makes terrible mugs and yours are beyond compare

also i'm not here

when did i say that

please

i need to know so i can write this down in my records

and

reference

means reference

not LOLCOPY BECAUSE IT IS PERFECT 100% TRIPLE STAR INFINTY OVER 1337

You're blind.

I'm dying.

I would've thought he WAS Ike at first if I hadn't made it.

I've got a question for you;

How. The Fuck. Would. You. Know.

How the hell does he not look like him?

Well um, I guess it's because he is Sain with Wolt's face and someone else? I mean, sure, he resembles Ike, but that's not hard given > blue hair + headband. 

Also, he's meant to look more like his father than his mother

"He looks more like his father than his mother."

"He looks 80% Ike, 20% Elincia."

TRUTH: He looks 25% Ike, 0% Elincia.

stuff, stuff, stuff...

> post stuff

- gives criticism

>I don't see that, I don't understand, it's fine as it is.

- gives more insight

>okay *edits*

- something is still wrong with it

> but I just edited that, I don't understand, it's fine now.

- clarifies, etc

>I really dont see it

blahblahblahblah

>okay *edits*

- something /still/ is wrong

>wth I edited it so many times its good now

- but its still wrong

>no it isnt

- it is

> no it's not quit it, I like it as it is.

- but it's still wrong

Remember this, Ana?

Add in a "but IS did it so I can't be blamed for this" and this is pretty much what you're doing. Again.

Also, I don't really see a problem in him being a prince and mercenary, as long as there's a pretty good story behind it. But I'm just ignoring this.

You fail to see how they're terrible because you're not that good of a spriter, but Honeybadger is >:U

Funny, the vast majority of people that I've shown my work to think I'm an excellent spriter. And I've shown them on several sites.

This is why you can't see why all the things he pointed out. Maybe if you listened to people like him, and improved, you'd see why your sprite isn't that good.

I've listened to people throughout this whole thread so far. Yet, only this has happened.

Me: *posts sprite*

Someone else: Use existing FE7 colors and fix the shading. Reference FE7 mugs.

Me: Okay *fixes those issues*

Someone else: The colors look all wrong and the shading is chunky, lololol!

In short, I've done exactly what you all have told me, but you still insult me and my work, and only act like trolls.

Because you can use them and should use them in places that they work? You're not doing that, and you're acting like you are.

You think I don't try to do that? I can't tell what colors work where and which don't. Also, Farina's hair color was the closest to what I had in mind.

Quit acting like your actually a decent spriter. You're pretty sub par, and I'm getting tired of coming in here and seeing you say "no you're wrong they look fine" to some of the best spriters in the community. Either listen up, or go back to dA.

I act like I'm a good spriter because I AM a good spriter. You all just don't want to admit it and are too stuck up on your spriting high horses to admit it. You all think you're so great and the best ever at what you do. Well guess what? You're not. For example, your tutorial on doing blinking frames? It looked terrible. I've seen way better. Don't think that you all are absolutely perfect, because you're not.

EDIT: Actually, Kael's face isn't Wolt's. It's a heavily modified version of it. I changed it to make it look more like Ike.

Edited by Anacybele

I had hoped you'd changed, but I can see you've gone back to how you were before. Disappointing.

Yes, I agree I thought so too =[ Not 100% changed but... I think the main thing was people weren't being as insulting at first and the more blunt they were she just went back to how she was before...

Char's post definitely looked like it was supposed to be insulting and unnecessary and whatnot, but I told her to ignore all that since they would know better and I guess that didn't work out either...

It might be my fault for trying to encourage her in hope the messy posts/topics would disappear.

Perhaps I will quit interfering now x3

you

really

need

to

stop

all of this

if you do not want to improve

then tell us

then no one will point out anything

because this is what it looks like

>go to kindergarden

HEY GUYS I AM DA BESS ARTIST BECAUSE I COLOR IN THE LINES

>go to literally anywhere else

wow is that all you can do, pathetic

sephy is not saying he is perfect

and i have no idea why you brought up a blinking tutorial when we're not talking about that at all

I act like I'm a good spriter because I AM a good spriter. You all just don't want to admit it and are too stuck up on your spriting high horses to admit it. You all think you're so great and the best ever at what you do. Well guess what? You're not. For example, your tutorial on doing blinking frames? It looked terrible. I've seen way better. Don't think that you all are absolutely perfect, because you're not.

No, you're not. You just think you are because so many people who don't know what they're talking about have told you that you are. That's why we won't "admit it". And, y'know what? When it comes to FE portrait spriting, SF is pretty much the best community. And you're going to quote work that's a year and a half old? Really? If you've seen way better, then post it here, I implore you.

Nothing is perfect. Neither are we. But we're way better than you, know what we're talking about, and I, for one, am done putting up with all the BS you're spewing. Go on back to the ass kissers on dA, or wherever else you post your sub par sprites.