So what happen to the future?

Gimle possesses MU, murders Krom and proceeds to take over the world

As a not entirely unrelated question, does anyone know what happens to the children characters after the games end? I'd imagine that they stay in the world of the present, but a sure answer would be nice.

As a not entirely unrelated question, does anyone know what happens to the children characters after the games end? I'd imagine that they stay in the world of the present, but a sure answer would be nice.

Based on Lucina's supports, they have to stay in the present.

The upcoming DLC series is set in the bad future and is likely to shed more light on what else might really happen, but none of the maps in that group have even been announced yet, so we'll have to wait to find out.

Based on Lucina's supports, they have to stay in the present.

The upcoming DLC series is set in the bad future and is likely to shed more light on what else might really happen, but none of the maps in that group have even been announced yet, so we'll have to wait to find out.

Y'know, no sooner had I asked that question than my roommate walked in the door. He said that in Lucina's unpaired ending, she hops around different worlds, trying to save them. And in her paired ending with (say, MU) she's happy to simply stay in the present timeline with MU. From your knowledge, is tis true, or is he pulling my leg? It sounds possible, but he's a bit of an asshole.

Bad guy wins, of course.

Actually, the new DLC is about going to the ruined future so... It's still there and Lucina says that she has to return sometime as well in her Krom Support. So it isn't lost, the future is just pretty horrible at the moment but isn't completely lost nor is that future removed just because Lucina's actions create a new future timeline.

Actually, the new DLC is about going to the ruined future so... It's still there and Lucina says that she has to return sometime as well in her Krom Support. So it isn't lost, the future is just pretty horrible at the moment but isn't completely lost nor is that future removed just because Lucina's actions create a new future timeline.

Ocarina of Time syndrome. -couldn't resist-

I'm not sure if the Future of Despair DLC takes place in the same future mentioned in the main story. Unless it's Xane playing havoc, it seems the children still exist in the future, so you can end up with duplicates of them running around (eg. two Cynthias), which is impossible if it's the same future.

I'm not sure if the Future of Despair DLC takes place in the same future mentioned in the main story. Unless it's Xane playing havoc, it seems the children still exist in the future, so you can end up with duplicates of them running around (eg. two Cynthias), which is impossible if it's the same future.

It could be Mark's future, he does come from a different one even if they all know him. It's strange like that.

I didn't think of that, that's a good idea.

This might not be related, but IIRC Mark is missing from the children collage in the movie. So it would make sense if it was Mark's future, since Mark was transported to Krom's timeline and would thus be missing from his/her future timeline.

[spoiler=Also...]Something else I was thinking about, I have a feeling the Future of Despair episodes occur when Lucina meets Naga, but instead of Naga transporting Lucina to the past, she decides to ask Krom for help.

In the movie, I'm pretty sure Naga is asking Krom to save the world she's in and I think Vake mentions to the effect that they're in another world. Plus all the DLC episodes take place in another world.

In the movie, I'm pretty sure Naga is asking Krom to save the world she's in and I think Vake mentions to the effect that they're in another world. Plus all the DLC episodes take place in another world.

True, true.

And the enemies, assuming we're looking at the right ones, are designated as Other-Worlders.

Y'know, no sooner had I asked that question than my roommate walked in the door. He said that in Lucina's unpaired ending, she hops around different worlds, trying to save them. And in her paired ending with (say, MU) she's happy to simply stay in the present timeline with MU. From your knowledge, is tis true, or is he pulling my leg? It sounds possible, but he's a bit of an asshole.

Wait.

Is Lucina pairable with the present characters? How is she paired with MU in your case?