I Can't Believe It's Not SFMM3 Minimafia - Game Over

Prims

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it about people in this game mixing passive and aggressive in the same post?

Happens again in reverse

scorri did comment on Elie, albeit in passing

Bananas had all of one tone shift (right here). I'm not sure if this is a case of scorri being super-scummy and Bananas trying to do damage control, or scorri being scorri and Bananas being his usual more-helpful-than-Cam-which-doesn't-say-much self. I know I voted scorri D2 for being too generically helpful and not scumhunty enough.

Paper: Bussing, sloppy or otherwise, exists. That vote kinda reminded me of JB's Tables vote in PoT Mafia (even though that technically wasn't a bus).

This game is divided into something like three, and I really could use info on one of the sides. Paper's got one covered (sort of), so. . .

##Vote: Shinori

How 'bout if we're both town and have reason to believe that we're either dealing with a very dumb townie or scum?

Just got back from work.

How does that warrant a vote? Why exactly are you voting me? Based off what you said about how you are wanting info or whatever I assume it has to do with I'm one of three people you want to question or something.

If that's what it is then I'll post here soon since I just got home. Also I don't have to work tomorrow, so yay. I'll post some actual thoughts and what not in a bit after i get relaxed.

PARTIALLY OFFTOPIC:

Also, why has your play style drastically changed Eclipse? In SSBU, EO, and here, you playstyle is vastly different from before and it's a whole lot more aggressive and, as Manix stated, involves a lot of telling people what way is the right or wrong way of playing Mafia. Mafia has many different play styles and many people play it differently, there frankly is no 'right or wrong' style of play. So what made you choose to change how you played and what made you choose to nitpick at how everyone plays the game? I can understand me because I've asked for help, but not everyone has, I'm sure.

Yes, doesn't mean I'm going to. Why?

So we can figure out who might possibly be the culprit behind the targeting in those two. Because if the action as such was harmful (which may or may not be the case, I actually don't know) maybe we can find the possible scum who did it. I somehow doubt it would be a town role because I suspect they would have claimed it by now.

Something along these lines is what I'm thinking.

Just got back from work.

How does that warrant a vote? Why exactly are you voting me? Based off what you said about how you are wanting info or whatever I assume it has to do with I'm one of three people you want to question or something.

If that's what it is then I'll post here soon since I just got home. Also I don't have to work tomorrow, so yay. I'll post some actual thoughts and what not in a bit after i get relaxed.

PARTIALLY OFFTOPIC:

Also, why has your play style drastically changed Eclipse? In SSBU, EO, and here, you playstyle is vastly different from before and it's a whole lot more aggressive and, as Manix stated, involves a lot of telling people what way is the right or wrong way of playing Mafia. Mafia has many different play styles and many people play it differently, there frankly is no 'right or wrong' style of play. So what made you choose to change how you played and what made you choose to nitpick at how everyone plays the game? I can understand me because I've asked for help, but not everyone has, I'm sure.

It's called "finding info on the three ways this game is divided". So far, I'm not really sold on moving my vote.

Read what Weapons had to say. He gets it. You can go ahead and clutter the thread with idle speculation on what role targeted me, or why I'm complaining, but this doesn't help find scum. It does look like a lame attempt to contribute without really doing so, which is why I'll forever be on your case about it.

Oh you mean even though I said i thought too fast, pointed out something and then left it and wasn't planning on talking about it again? Okay.

I'll refer to weapons and his question about why i think manix is town in a bit. PLAYING GAMES AND GETTIN THE DRINKS.

Still feel like Paperblade's the scummiest person in the game so the vote stays. His D3 play hasn't done anything to change that, though in his defense there really hasn't been anything happening. As I keep rereading the game I feel more and more confident in this read. I'm not liking SB either, though mostly because of his predecessor and his somewhat tunneling of weapons earlier. Willing to lynch him as well though it's not as preferred right now as a Paperblade lynch.

I hate my schedule. :/

Why do you think Manix is town?

What do you make of Elieson's interactions with Paperblade?

If you have time, read day 1 again.

I'll be sure to read through D1 before the current phase ends. Anyway ... I think Manix is town because he's kind of reminding me of his play in Xenoblade (where he was town). But I will take a look at Manix again just to make sure I'm not missing something important.

I actually can't recall if Elieson and Paperblade had too many meaningful interactions. I mean, I know that Paper voted Elieson early on D1 and told him to stop acting dumb, but nothing else stands out to me. Like I said, I'll read D1 again.

As for current discussion ... I'm at a loss for what we're doing now.

Still feel like Paperblade's the scummiest person in the game so the vote stays. His D3 play hasn't done anything to change that, though in his defense there really hasn't been anything happening. As I keep rereading the game I feel more and more confident in this read. I'm not liking SB either, though mostly because of his predecessor and his somewhat tunneling of weapons earlier. Willing to lynch him as well though it's not as preferred right now as a Paperblade lynch.

You're an idiot who is incapable of seeing interactions between players.

also also also

This is a notice that I will be disappearing completely about 25 hours (10:30am GMT+10 or 12:30am GMT) from this post because of sport and family commitments. I can't say for sure when I'll get back, but it would be around 6-7 hours later. I will not have any internet access during that time.

retracting this, plans have changed irl

although it will still be 2 hours after that point still

And Helios now really looks like he's tunneling, which I don't like at all.

You're supposed to vote for who you feel the scummiest player is no? So that's what I'm doing. I'd love to hear a case that says Paperblade has been obvtown this game, because I haven't seen anything of the sort. If an ad hominem is the best defense you can muster, it means you're not doing a good job. Regardless though things aren't final and it's possible that I'll switch my vote when I catch something that I haven't yet. I'm off to bed though so I'll check this thread tomorrow, which will hopefully have some more activity and discussion by then.

You're supposed to vote for who you feel the scummiest player is no? So that's what I'm doing. I'd love to hear a case that says Paperblade has been obvtown this game, because I haven't seen anything of the sort. If an ad hominem is the best defense you can muster, it means you're not doing a good job. Regardless though things aren't final and it's possible that I'll switch my vote when I catch something that I haven't yet. I'm off to bed though so I'll check this thread tomorrow, which will hopefully have some more activity and discussion by then.

It's not an ad hominem, I'm calling you an idiot because you can't reread. 90% chance you just reread ISOs.

I already pointed out that my interactions with Elieson are favorable because he opportunistically jumped on me. Don't be stupid.

Assumptions that I was thinking of myself and I'm sure had popped into other players heads as well. I think stopped talking about it and was dropping it. I just wanted to state it into the open. Also I feel that manix is town still even after your argument. His claim seems like something that's true. And his general play seems more like Town!Manix than Scumnix.

Shinori, no need to enumerate every single weird assumption that pops into your head. It makes about as much sense as "Nags killing himself on N1" in SSBUM (and remember what the hosts had to say about that). Also, why is Paper most likely town?

It's not an ad hominem, I'm calling you an idiot because you can't reread. 90% chance you just reread ISOs.

I already pointed out that my interactions with Elieson are favorable because he opportunistically jumped on me. Don't be stupid.

I call that a "null tell".

Here, answer this: Why would Elieson vote me over Shinori or Aere who also had votes at the time if I were his scumbuddy? Consider that Aere is confirmed town at this point and a mislynch is preferable to a bus.

Here, answer this: Why would Elieson vote me over Shinori or Aere who also had votes at the time if I were his scumbuddy? Consider that Aere is confirmed town at this point and a mislynch is preferable to a bus.

Because you were in a nice tie for third after Shinori and Elieson.

Note the time on the Weapons vote

And then Elieson's vote

If town does not hold a favorable opinion of you, trying to push the person with more votes will look worse than trying to push someone who just acquired a vote. You also get town cred if Elieson flips, and that's the very definition of a bus. The fact that you're relying on this to make yourself look town doesn't look good (but Shinori still needs to answer that question of mine). It would be about the same as me arguing "I was hit by a certain night action that looks super-scummy, so therefore I have to be town".

Paperblade (2) - Seoyeon, Helios

Serious Bananas (2) - WeaponsofMassConstruction, Paperblade

eclipse (1) - CT075

Helios (1) - Shinori

Shinori (1) - eclipse

Not Voting - Bluedoom, Manix, Serious Bananas

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. You have about 38 hours left in the day.

Bluedoom has 14 hours until inactivity modkill.