Nostalgia Mafia Game Over

Paperblade

27 members have voted

1. 1. Choose a name

-I am going to request no one talk about the game during drafting unless you are scum talking with your scumbuddies.

See there's a reason why rules exist. It would be a fair assumption I think, scum advicing each other picks during drafting.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also Manix you are talking about Touhou's roles. I'm saying, why Touhou? He could've gone for some other game with better roles. I reiterate- Mafia safeguard is deadly(by that I mean picking town safeguard as scum)

See there's a reason why rules exist. It would be a fair assumption I think, scum advicing each other picks during drafting.

Do you know the rest of the mafia roles or their drafting strategy? Trying to clear someone based on theoretical mafia meta isn't town-logical in the least.

You can't assume that people will pick according to what you might assume, Marth

So please stop assuming stuff that might be completely wrong, thanks. Optimal picking (which you seem to be assuming a little bit) may not be so optimal depends on the mafia's drafting strategy.

And I'm assuming Touhou because that's what he claimed to pick. But whatev, I don't think it's a really strong point anyway

You can't assume that people will pick according to what you might assume, Marth

So please stop assuming stuff that might be completely wrong, thanks. Optimal picking (which you seem to be assuming a little bit) may not be so optimal depends on the mafia's drafting strategy.

And I'm assuming Touhou because that's what he claimed to pick. But whatev, I don't think it's a really strong point anyway

You're right that I'm assuming optimal picking, but that is only because this mafia is way different from normal mafia games. Your point is fair enough, however.

(Also I meant why go after Touhou when there are many other games with good roles but that's just me)

I've been thinking, if Aere was scum, why would he pick DP anyway? Knowing how SF townies usually play, once a lynch of a scummy player ends in a no-lynch, said player just ends up lynched the next day-phase.

I would like to point out that there is a lynch doc in SFMM2, so its possible that they planned for a stupid amount of lynch control, but I really hope not.

Oh yeah, I know that wasn't the source, but Blue was asking what the point of DP was when we could simply lynch Aeree the next phase. Aside from the obvious delay in his death whcih you pointed out, I am saying that it is possible that scum had planned for such an occasion and are planning to waste two of Town's day phases instead of just the 1 using the lynch proof.

now I have to question as to why you figured this out, hmm?

While it is very possible, I still have to wonder as to what triggered you to think of this... something isn't right here...

It's kinda bad that you haven't been looking up nasty scum roles in the mafias that have been chosen. Prims even mentioned about mass roleblocks, of which the lynch doc has.

I have been from certain games, but some of the games I probably need to look into a bit more, probably when I actually am awake/have time

I did already address those that I was worried about in a previous post, so don't go throwing around that I haven't been looking at all. I do admit that I probably need to look further into some of the games (as above).

Tales of Vesperia Mafia

Train Mafia II

Pokemon Tactical Game

Theatre Mafia

Agent Mafia

JB's FE10 Mafia

MtG Mafia

Shining Force Mafia

Sacred Stones Mafia

Pokemon Legendaries Mafia

Touhou Mafia

Carnival Phantasm Mafia

Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 2

Duel Terminal 2 Mafia

Choral Mafia II

Kamen Rider Ryuuki Mafia

Manly Men Mafia

Schoolgirl Mafia

Etrian Odyssey Mafia

here is a nice list of all the games picked from

i would also link to each game, but I am lazy

Tales of Vesperia Mafia

Train Mafia II

Pokemon Tactical Game

Theatre Mafia

Agent Mafia

JB's FE10 Mafia

MtG Mafia

Shining Force Mafia

Sacred Stones Mafia

Touhou Mafia

Carnival Phantasm Mafia

Duel Terminal 2 Mafia

Choral Mafia II

Kamen Rider Ryuuki Mafia (Elieson)

Manly Men Mafia

Schoolgirl Mafia

Etrian Odyssey Mafia

here is a nice list of all the games picked from

i would also link to each game, but I am lazy

I'll put who's role is supposed to be from each game as well.

It's kinda bad that you haven't been looking up nasty scum roles in the mafias that have been chosen. Prims even mentioned about mass roleblocks, of which the lynch doc has.

I would assume since mass roleblock targets everyone, including the alleged PGO, that it would not even work, since it targets and hits everyone (so if it occurs, deductions can be made).

Shaymin the Lynchproof could also be a candidate, I guess, but I get this feeling Aere's probably scum from the way things went.

At least, I think that role was in Legendaries.

For confirmation, yes (I remember because it was my role 0u0).

We should also consider a possibility of a Mafia Governor (can stop lynches). I seem to remember one or two such roles around. Regardless, I think that lynchproof is a poor pick for a town player relative to the other options, like Doctor or Alliance Checker. If Aere really way lynchproof, he could have claimed it before the lynch (as I did in Pokemon Legendaries), but didn't. Why not? Very fishy.

I've been thinking, if Aere was scum, why would he pick DP anyway? Knowing how SF townies usually play, once a lynch of a scummy player ends in a no-lynch, said player just ends up lynched the next day-phase. Besides, there are way better roles out there besides DP, so if Aere was scum, wouldn't his buddies advice him to get a better role? Because really there are way better roles out there. I mean, he could've taken NEXUS for all you know, its an awesome role that srsly screws around with night actions on him. Hell he could've even been a MAFIA DOCTOR for all you know, so honestly I feel like Aere's been unhelpful silly town more than scum. Only way I can see he's scum is if he's lying abouthis role restriction, has another role AND the mafia has a governor. :|

Or maybe he's lying about his role restriction, but still was Lynchproof. I think the chances of him lying about his role restriction are pretty high, since I doubt that with such an open-ended restriction he would have picked Lynchproof as a town player.

Lynchproof is still a potent mafia role. It's very powerful in terms of tipping the balance in lategame as it gives the mafia +1 cycle. Governor is perhaps, less likely because if they had that ability it would be weird to blow it on the first cycle. Then again, what are the chances of the first lynch hitting the Lynchproof?

Town Deathproof is terrible

hypothetical vig kill Aere

also Psych your list is wrong, Elieson is claiming cop from TM, Prims has the alleged KRRM role. In addition, Aere claims Touhou, Rapier claims CP, and Rein's role is clearly from ToV Mafia.

Tales of Vesperia Mafia (Rein)

Train Mafia II

Pokemon Tactical Game

Theatre Mafia (Elieson)

Agent Mafia

JB's FE10 Mafia

MtG Mafia

Shining Force Mafia

Sacred Stones Mafia

Touhou Mafia (Aere)

Carnival Phantasm Mafia (Rapier)

Duel Terminal 2 Mafia

Choral Mafia II

Kamen Rider Ryuuki Mafia (Prims)

Manly Men Mafia

Schoolgirl Mafia

Etrian Odyssey Mafia

Actually Rapier is from EO mafia. Also Anouleth, I DID mention mafia governor man. I haven't discarded that possibility.

Speaking of picks and all I would be ok to share my game but I don't know if its the best idea during night phase so w/e.