Nostalgia Mafia Game Over

Paperblade

27 members have voted

1. 1. Choose a name

The tailor would have been pretty useless. Any abilities that mention a faction in PM were modified to be the user's faction, so when it hooked the "mafia" in Schoolgirl, in this it would have hooked the town (for what was basically a vig shot)

Yes, which is also why town nidoking might've been pretty strong. He can hook the entire mafia for a night, as well as having cop, mayor and vig abilities.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

true

on the other hand the user wouldn't notice this until clarification. I also think the mafia generally wouldn't indicate whether their actions were successful or not, although I guess there's always gonna be that one scum who slips.

I wonder if I can post restrictions from memory

Tales of Vesperia - Hidden Player

Train Mafia II - Role that started with no allies and had to eliminate everyone else

Pokemon Tactical Game - Mafia role that won

Theatre Mafia - Town role that was modkilled

Agent Minimafia - Town role from a NOC game that could talk OC

JB's FE10 Mafia - Multifaction that couldn't kill/gather info

MtG Mafia - non-neutral role that gathered info

Shining Force Mafia - Town role that was the first town death

Sacred Stones Mafia - Town role that stopped kills

Pokemon Legendaries Mafia - Mafia role

Touhou Mafia - A non-killing town role

Carnival Phantasm Mafia - Town role that got information that wasn't from role PMs

Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 2 - non-neutral role that could cause actions to fail

Duel Terminal 2 - role that started with an item

Choral Mafia 2 - town role with multiple night actions

Kamen Rider Ryuuki Mafia - town role that could kill

Mafia of the Manly Men - town role that could info about role PMs

Schoolgirl Mafia - mafia role that falsified information

Etrian Odyssey Mafia - any town role

Okay some postgame comments.

Overall I think people played fine, other than a few hiccups.

A. Marth lynch. Again, Marth got lynched even though I didn't think he was very scummy at all, although host bias etc. I also thought people still being suspicious of scorri was weird, since it would only work as a bus in the specific circumstance that happened. If scorri had been killed first and flipped scum with an FE8 mafia role, people would see "Oh cool a freebie mafia and we get to lynch BBM for lying tomorrow anyway"

B. Mafia masshooking on N3. imo this basically sealed the mafia's defeat since Helios would get lynched for it, whereas if they hadn't done that there was a chance scorri didn't shoot Helios and that someone else (Sage or Snike most likely) would get lynched over him.

C. Inactivity. Maybe a game of this size was too ambitious but please don't sign up and then sub out because you "lost interest." It's impossible to really enforce a rule based on this because if I refuse to sub you out you're just going to do nothing and not care anyway but it's bullshit and makes it so people with legitimate reasons to sub can't get one.

D. Kay's fakeclaim... She added some extra shit to it when I had just given her "A role from an anonymous game."

Also mod hosting errors from me not properly reading role PMs

One thing that kind of bothers me is that I wanted this game to be more "memorable roles from the past" and less "overpowered roles from the past" but the former is harder to do without it being me that decides what's memorable and what's not, and I guess you could say overpowered roles tend to be the most memorable...

I wouldn't have subbed out if people didn't take more than a day to draft, and considering I had every role that fit my wincon from teh first 5 pages in like a day, it really shouldn't have taken 6 days (yes mr agent mafia, dunno why you took so long). I thought this game would start mid september. Instead, it started late september so I suddenly had commitments which were more important.

And no Prims I didn't sub out because I was scum trying to dodge a lynch.