Anrimited Bureyd Waksu

The Joker

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cbgRYMB.png change things according to eCut's advice. I'm still quite unsure about the mountains.

also a couple of things

7qJs7OZ.pngdjvISi1.pngGUEcyge.png

the rest are on the first page since I also updated that. :)

I do favour plenty of your concepts, what you envision is creative, I think, though your delivery tends to fall short, though, for an average spriter I must say you do so well.

I do favour plenty of your concepts, what you envision is creative, I think, though your delivery tends to fall short, though, for an average spriter I must say you do so well.

That just means I'll just have to get better. :)

hopefully, I will x.x

The brown-haired guy is very cross-eyed.

A majority of your characters face the same direction. Try changing it up. Have someone face almost directly to the side, or at a 45 degree angle, or have them cowering, or having their head up high and looking down on someone.

Also, a lot of them still retain that look of indifference or apathy. They almost look like dolls.

I guess my ultimate advice is "Don't be afraid to exaggerate to a degree"

@AthenaWyrm : Yeah I was trying to use a different head angle with Mystgun but I still suck at it. For now, I'll probably experiment on the expressions of my existing works since I'm in the middle of revamping things and see if I work out something. o_____o

Moifx8w.png also, I tried to improve on this.

The path in the middle still being too straight/square-y/not random (even human made paths aren't straight, especially not in steps like that). Also, there's a bit of tilespam in the ocean. That tileset doesn't really offer much variety in the way of forest, so not much you can do about that.

Other than that, a solid but not groundbreaking outdoor map.

The mountains look better.

Edited by deranger

I understand your point but I'll stick with the forest the way it is. I wanted it to be as simple and less complicated as possible.

I'm glad the mountains are better than before and I'll do something about the ocean. Thanks for the crit. :)

I didn't want this to be a blank reply so here's a little progress report.

l7Vfk6B.pngQwhdMjN.pngDnaLOU6.pngUP6M4v4.png

nothing remarkable. just small improvements.

Middle one needs more SPIKEH.

I think that's enough. xD

78ZLoI8.png tried new pose for variation but failing as of now.

XpAortY.png Still a lot of weirdness on the eyes. Trying to fix that. Tips would be nice.

minor stuff:

UUvLO5w.png Bandana not working so I might rework his hair instead.

l7Vfk6B.png not sure if I posted this.

I also think it's rather nice, but if I had to offer critique (not that I'm any good at it, so take it with a grain of salt), the padding on her shoulders looks a little... flat, in that the shading doesn't seem to suggest much of a curve or change of height, though the trim does. Then again maybe it's supposed to look like that but it just struck me as a little awkward.

also have you considered changing your title to "UNRIMITIDU BURADU WAKSU"?

with description "I ahm da bone of muh sode"

*shot*

I like your stuff and think you're progressing okay but apparently someone says you wanted critiques so... :P

The two versions of the cloaked guy look about the same: eye-shapes changed but the dark shading stayed. Added another light color and brightened up the irises, played with the shading, not sure if that made it look any better.

p6PfIzo-Copy_zpsa2edbf3e.png

Noticed that you can probably afford to bleed lines together more, and have the individual parts of the mug affect each other more.

-You don't always have to end things in black or the darkest color; if something matches up/down on the color ramp they look fine when plotted together.

-The far side of the body can usually take on darker / more muted shading than the near side. In a lot of your stuff it looks like the shading intensity always stays about the same regardless of placement on the body; varying that up might make things look a little nicer.

Also:

ss2013-06-16at012347_zps6589ca88.png

The collar and cuffs where they reappear from behind the neck are misaligned pretty harshly, might make things look a little lopsided/skewed/smooshed.

@eCut and Nickt(?):

Thanks. Though it still has a lot of cleaning up to do and that's an understatement.

I also think it's rather nice, but if I had to offer critique (not that I'm any good at it, so take it with a grain of salt), the padding on her shoulders looks a little... flat, in that the shading doesn't seem to suggest much of a curve or change of height, though the trim does. Then again maybe it's supposed to look like that but it just struck me as a little awkward.

also have you considered changing your title to "UNRIMITIDU BURADU WAKSU"?

with description "I ahm da bone of muh sode"

*shot*

aight, I'll look into that. Also, I'll change it when I go back to being Acha. xD

stir is muh bode and fayr is muh blad.

@Lenh:

already sent a pm... o_o

DQHBTxV.png tried playing with the expression and now he reminds me of Aizen. xD