Fave RD Couples?

Sundus64

Geoffrey appears in the chapter where you fight Valtome. He just isn't one of the player's units. The player uses Ike and company instead (which is so yay! Ike and his mercenaries are <3).

I know, omg, is Ana defending GEOFFREY of all characters? XD

That's not the chapter where he tells her to lick his boots though.

That happens in Part 4 with Elincia and Valtome's battle convo. Valtome isn't on the selectable part of the map in Part 3.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not the chapter where he tells her to lick his boots though.

That happens in Part 4 with Elincia and Valtome's battle convo. Valtome isn't on the selectable part of the map in Part 3.

Wait, Valtome actually tells Elincia to lick his boots? o_O

...He just officially became even creepier to me than he already was (and believe me, he was very creepy, imo).

Edited by Anacybele

I just think incest is plain gross, so I don't go anywhere near there. I'd rather support homosexual pairngs for crying out loud. xP

I don't understand how I got warned when you look at this post. I call them when I see them, and if that last statement isn't homophobic then I don't know what.

I mean calling incest 'plain gross' and then stating she'd "rather support homosexual pairings" like they're in the same sort of category.

Edited by Eltoshen

I mean calling incest 'plain gross' and then stating she'd "rather support homosexual pairings" like they're in the same sort of category.

Um, not really. Homosexuality is being interested in the same gender as yourself. Incest is romantic love between two people that are closely related by blood. Two completely different things.

And you got warned because you flamed me. I insulted no one.

Edited by Anacybele

The fact that you'd "rather support" shows that you, in general, are against anything to do with homosexuality.

And please, it was well worth it. Finally outed you and your true feelings and you can't even deny it.

lol wow. You really think you know my true feelings. But guess what? You don't. Because you're wrong. I know what my feelings are, because I'm me. You're not me. And I'm not against homosexuality.

Edited by Anacybele

"I just think incest is plain gross, so I don't go anywhere near there. I'd rather support homosexual pairngs for crying out loud. xP"

LEt's take a look at it with the dictionary!

"I Just think"

It means it is your own opinion.

"Incest is plain gross"

Sexual intimacy between blood relatives is vulgar

A strong dislike of the action

, so I don't go anywhere near there

Wants nothing to do with it

I'd rather

Indicates a preference towards a subject in a matter of two subjects that are disliked or liked

support homosexual pairings

The second subject that is favored when the author of the post is forced to chose between two disliked or unfavorable options.

For crying out loud

Exclamation that gives the entire sentence a form of exaggeration, stating how absurd it would, having to chose the former option

This is the dictionary, the explanations are in line with the regular use of the english language. Although starting a discussion about this wasn't my main objective, it's still fun. My main point is, is that you don't seems to listen to other peoples words, or even your own, and when people point that out, you either ignore or deny it. It's stated there, If you are going to say "poor choice of wording", you've said that many times before, then maybe you should take a step back and review what you wrote before you post it.

To make it real simple, would you dare say that statement against someone who is homosexual in real life, expecting him not to be offended?

lol wow. You really think you know my true feelings. But guess what? You don't. Because you're wrong. I know what my feelings are, because I'm me. You're not me. And I'm not against homosexuality.

We might not know your true feelings, but we can see the feelings you show us by posting your preferences on this forum, so we can see that you have a clear dislike of incest and are also not a fan of homosexuality, because you talk about them, and not in a friendly of accepting manner. The only time I saw you defend homosexuality is in the quote right above, however, you have taken a defensive stance claiming the other is in the wrong, you are not etc etc. This basically means you are posted it with the intention of further rebuffing his claims, not with the intention of stating your opinion on a matter. You did the latter with your earlier post, because no one had started a discussion with you yet. (Hence the xp smiley at first, and nothing else later)

These were my two cents, I hope you'll understand what I mean.

I do think it was a "poor wording choice" of Anacybele to lump homosexuality with incest, but as someone who is homosexual, I was not offended because it looked like it was just a "poor wording choice"; all I know about her stance on homosexuality is that she doesn't enjoy yaoi/yuri shippings, and that it's a sensitive subject for her because she likes her shippings. I don't think it's worth it to become this sensitive (and end up being accused of something as serious as homophobia) over fictional characters, but it's all I know (obviously people who posted for a longer time would know more), so it's not my place to judge her as if she's supporting Prop 8 or something. But Anacybele, I'll tell you this: words can hurt (even on the internet), so be careful. Homophobia is ugly, even if unintentional. emo10.gif

... and now to get slightly back on topic: I wouldn't condone incest in real life for a variety of sociological reasons, but I don't mind if people ship fictional characters like that. They are fictional characters, there is a degree ot detachment which obviously doesn't exist in real life. Sanaki/Sephiran would be icky though because it's also pedophilia and there's no degree of detachment that makes it justifiable noes.gif

Edited by Axie

It's actually quite obvious - since they are fictional characters, perceiving things visually is more important. When you look at two adult, related fictional characters, I can get why people only see two adult fictional characters (maybe with the same hair color or something). However, no matter how fictional they are, if it's pedophilia you're still looking at an adult and a child.

But then again people do things like Ike x female Soren, so I guess it's even okay if you pretend Sanaki (in that example) is all grown up or something. KnollRoll.gif

So much throat stomping.

Ike/Micaiah

Leonardo/Ilyana

Makalov/Astrid

Danved/Marcia

Mia/Rhys

Rajajion/Ena oh wait

Not really. They're still related even if they're just fictional so the problem remains.

Okay, let me rephrase that. There are no visual cues to point two characters are related other than similar hair/eye/skin color (which doesn't even mean a lot in Fire Emblem - Catria and Caeda both have blue hair and they are not related, for example), so I get why some people can look past that (intentionally or not) and only see two characters. It's obvious some people cannot look past the story telling them those two people are related, though. I didn't say my explanation would make it justifiable for everyone, or that it's even how people who support incest pairings perceive this situation. It's just the way I see it and why I don't mind people doing that. I am not really keen on most incest pairings myself.

Maybe someone smarter than I am could even make some sort of similar explanation for the pedo pairings. I personally couldn't look past that regardless, though.

Edited by Axie

Geoffrey appears in the chapter where you fight Valtome. He just isn't one of the player's units. The player uses Ike and company instead (which is so yay! Ike and his mercenaries are <3).

Valtome says that line in 4-2, where neither Geoffrey or Ike are around.

To be fair, incest really DOES suck and IS gross. Homosexuality doesn't and isn't, though.

Ike x Greil is my favorite pairing of all time. They're made for eachother!

Are you saying they are gross just because they're in love?

If grown adults are into each other, incest or not, I don't see how it's anybody's prerogative to interfere with their feelings.

Nobody said they're going to be having their own kids.

Only because it's also necrophilia

And yessss, Oliver/Valtome is amazing. :awesome:

Yes.

If grown adults are into each other, incest or not, I don't see how it's anybody's prerogative to interfere with their feelings.

Nobody said they're going to be having their own kids.

Because it's incest and incest is wrong, or are you really saying that it's okay just because "it's love"? :dry:

Rajajion/Ena oh wait

FE13 circumvented that bad implication. Yay Deus Ex Machina.

Because it's incest and incest is wrong, or are you really saying that it's okay just because "it's love"? :dry:

Onii-chan, dame.

FE4. Get with the program. Fire Emblem had it as a plot device for super children. Which is really ironic.

Fictional-ness... they're siblings. They're the closest any lovers can ever be. BWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.