Fave RD Couples?

Sundus64

HRM.. My favourite romantic pairings, you say?

Pairings I like:

Elincia + Geoffrey: I like princess + loyal knight + political turmoil cliche

Calil + Largo: First Class Sage and World Class Berserker belong together

Kyza + Ranulf: Kyza wants to win his love! It's probably one-sided, but it doesn't have to beee!

Mia + Rhys: She just wants to meet her destiny man! And then I think after a while, she just became infatuated with him in general.

Micaiah + Zelgius: If he hadn't died, it could have worked out! xD Search for meaning and redemption together!

Gatrie + Lyre: Because it was funny how they met and Shinon would have to eventually back off and stop being so racist lol

Nailah + Rafiel: Powerful Queen and Delicate Prince. Bootiful combo.

Tanith + Haar: I dunno. She just seems like she'd be an ex of his. xD She got too serious with work and they broke it off. Haha.

Other pairings I support and consider canon in-game anyway:

Ike + Soren: Soren's in love with him. It's mostly one-directional, but I can also accept that Ike is gay (him having no endings with girls supports this lol!), or is just waiting for the day he thinks Soren is comfortable enough to confess to him.

Astrid + Makalov: lolol they deserve one another. Fool + fool.

Mist + Boyd: Sure, why not. lol

Naesalea + Leanne: Opposites attract? Though when you find out what she truly says, she's quite the snarky one as well.

Crack Pairings I like but I know people won't take me seriously ;__; :

Shinon + Volke: a couple of badasses that should become a couple xD

Renning + Ashnard: Because my brother said so. LOL

Nolan + Nephenee: Why not. lol He becomes the next Greil as far as I'm concerned. She can be his Titania. xD

I can't really think of other ones right now. So I will leave it at that! xD

Edited by Prax

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(him having no endings with girls supports this lol!)

Um, just because Ike doesn't have any endings with women doesn't mean he's gay. And technically, he doesn't have any with men either because his endings with Soren and Ranulf are pure friendship. There's no indication of love at all. Plus, since Ike has a descendant, he could easily be straight.

Also, by your logic, every other male FE character that has no ending with a woman is gay, which is silly. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Um, just because Ike doesn't have any endings with women doesn't mean he's gay. And technically, he doesn't have any with men either because his endings with Soren and Ranulf are pure friendship. There's no indication of love at all. Plus, since Ike has a descendant, he could easily be straight.

He could also easily be bi. anna.gif

I didn't say he couldn't. I'm aware. xP

But really, you have to admit that the least complicated solution to go with is that Ike found a girl to marry and settle down with, had a kid or kids, and passed on Ragnell and his skills to his child/children.

If Paris is descended from Mist's line, then she somehow would have to get Ragnell from Ike/Sanaki, which would be tough. Or, Paris would have to acquire Ragnell by going to Tellius, etc. Also, a lot of genes in the family would be skipping generations because Paris looks like Ike. And from what I've learned in genetics, children are most likely to inherit traits directly from their parents. Also, this scenario would make BoydxMist canon without a doubt because Mist's other ending leaves her single and she's not the kind of girl to go f-ing men and getting pregnant out of wedlock. IS likes to leave these kinds of pairings optional.

As for Ike and Soren/Ranulf, Paris would have to be a complete liar in this case and I just doubt IS would go to all the trouble of giving him Ragnell and a design reminiscent of Ike's for nothing.

Really, I just think it's safest to assume that Paris is a direct descendant of Ike's. But that doesn't mean that other possibilities don't make sense, of course.

Edited by Anacybele

Ike/nobody

I would be thrilled if Ike was asexual. Screw romance and pairings, all it does is cause flame wars.

On another topic, I would also be thrilled if we can have an actual bisexual lord who can pair with both men and women in the game's ending.

On another topic, I would also be thrilled if we can have an actual bisexual lord who can pair with both men and women in the game's ending.

The next level of Fire Emblem Visual Novel Technology.

WE MUST ACQUIRE IT.

Um, just because Ike doesn't have any endings with women doesn't make him gay. And technically, he doesn't have any with men either because his endings with Soren and Ranulf are pure friendship. There's no indication of love at all. Plus, since Ike has a descendant, he could easily be straight.

Also, by your logic, every other male FE character that has no ending with a woman is gay, which is silly. xP

Not everyone. Only the ones that can only get paired endings with guys and the guys seem to be super in love or loyal to them! The only other pairing that I can remember that fits this description is Raven + Lucius, and I pretty much say they are in love with one another as well (moreso Raven being in love with Lucius. Lucius is the oblivious one in this circumstance. Even when they aren't in a paired ending, it's implied Raven hangs around Lucius forever like a secret mistress. xD).

Ike's obliviousness makes him seem either asexual or gay (even he and Ranulf can run off together~ Mia's in love with his swordfighting, yet she doesn't get to run off with him! Weird!) or Soren-sexual. LOL

It seemed like Ike could have been paired with Lethe too. She seemed to have a crush on him anyway, but again, he seemed too oblivious to pick up on it.. But he point blank stated that Titania was in love with Greil, so at least not totally blind to the concept.

And like I illustrated in my art thread, Paris could be lying or playing by Marth's Anri rule (being "Anri's descendant" but actually being directly from Anri's brother's line). xD Sure, Ike could also have hooked up with some other girl, but I like my interpretation better. It's both funnier and more plausible in my mind!

Edited by Prax

Roy's oblivious too, from what I hear. Yet straight because he can marry six different women (o_O) and he has NO endings with guys. Ike can be both oblivious and straight/bi at the same time. Just saying. xP

Edited by Anacybele

I'm a little sad that noone else liked my Edward pairing. I thought it was a really good one, too. ;-;

Anyways, I agree with Boron on both parts. From what I've seen Ike seems to be totally uninterested in romance with either sex, although he does have a lot of people crushing on him. And as for Paris, this is a fictional game, so it's entirely possible that he is from Mist's line and was only made to resemble Ike so much because that's essentially his whole shtick.

It's all down to interpretation, really. I've seen people say Ike is asexual, and I've seen others say that he and Elincia totally have the hots for each other (not including myself). Their words exactly too.

We've all got our opinions and interpretations. xP

I'm a little sad that noone else liked my Edward pairing. I thought it was a really good one, too. ;-;

Anyways, I agree with Boron on both parts. From what I've seen Ike seems to be totally uninterested in romance with either sex, although he does have a lot of people crushing on him. And as for Paris, this is a fictional game, so it's entirely possible that he is from Mist's line and was only made to resemble Ike so much because that's essentially his whole shtick.

Paris could be a huge liar just like Shanam (FE5) is. xD Even his "Ragnell" could be fake, which could also explain why it's not as strong as the original Ragnell. Even up to having Sol and Luna as skills to imitate aether. What a faker. lol *nods to self*

Keiran's the one in love with axes in his head though!

I guess Edward and Mia could be plausible. If she saw him riding on a wagon and it was covered in snow. >_>

I think they should have had a base convo with Mia asking Aimee about fortune telling stuff.

Paris could be a huge liar just like Shanam (FE5) is. xD Even his "Ragnell" could be fake, which could also explain why it's not as strong as the original Ragnell. Even up to having Sol and Luna as skills to imitate aether. What a faker. lol *nods to self*

Or Ragnell's blessing could've just worn off over time. :P

Wikis even state this, lol. And the blessing on the Black Knight's armor wore off too.

Edited by Anacybele

Roy's oblivious too, from what I hear. Yet straight because he can marry six different women (o_O) and he has NO endings with guys.

A LACK OF PAIRED ENDING WILL NEVER UNDERMINE THE TRUE LOVE BETWEEN ROY AND WOLT.

I think shipping is fine no matter how "crack" the pairing is as long as you don't take it too seriously. I ship Roy/Wolt but nobody would take me seriously if I actually tried to defend it as a thing IS intended to create. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Yeah, same with me and BoydxMia. I don't say it's an intended pair cause it obviously isn't. xP

Though I still think a support between those two would've been awesome.

Yes.

Because it's incest and incest is wrong, or are you really saying that it's okay just because "it's love"? :dry:

I actually am curious: what exactly does a pair of relatives being in love have to do with you or affect you in any way? Is this some Oedipus complex in action? The defiance of its validity due to your own fears that you might hold the same feelings for your own relatives but need some sort of barrier to convince yourself that such feelings of love among your own family members isn't sexual? This is actually quite common, and has a lot to do with people dismissing homosexuality. Because bromance!

Your excuse sounds like the typical "it's a long established rule that we've been taught by society" (and the bible) mindset that many used to discriminate against people who stray from the heteronormative--straight, white, privileged.

Edited by Eltoshen

I thought Black Knight's blessing wore off because Ike beat him up with Ragnell and then a castle collapsed on him. LOL I don't remember the specifics.

Ragnell's blessing could have worn off because of inter-dimensional travel where the Goddess' influence could not reach, but being a case of mistaken identity/fraud is much better. XD

I actually am curious: what exactly does a pair of relatives being in love have to do with you or affect you in any way? Is this some Oedipus complex in action? The defiance of its validity due to your own fears that you might hold the same feelings for your own relatives but need some sort of barrier to convince yourself that such feelings of love among your own family members isn't sexual? This is actually quite common, and has a lot to do with people dismissing homosexuality. Because bromance!

Your excuse sounds like the typical "it's a long established rule that we've been taught by society" (and the bible) mindset that many used to discriminate against people who stray from the heteronormative--straight, white, privileged.

For me, it's because it's gross as an initial reaction (and then there are genetics issues if procreation is involved). And then it's stupid as a secondary reaction. xD

Like... "oh wow, your true love was the person you grew up with and shares your genetics. Uh huh. Real true love there. Had to search far and wide did you. Couldn't find no one else but that person right in front of you and already has another relationship status with you (blood/family). Just gotta stack up it all on the same thing and person. Bra. Vo." In short, I think it's lame because it's one of those "if it weren't taboo, it'd be so easy it's stupid" scenarios.

And then as a society, besides all the biological quirks and traditional stake in how we define families, we don't encourage this type of relationship because of the power dynamics and potential for abuse that's involved... because relationship stacking gets stupid and messy!

And even though I like Elincia and Geoffrey as a pairing, I AM still irked by their milk-sibling status (which in many Earth societies, is on the same level as blood relative status. Who knows how it works in Crimea though. It doesn't seem like anyone cared!) xD

I just hope that he never thought of her as his sister nor she thought of him as her brother (the fact that they never refer to each other as brother or sister gives me much relief). Haha~

Edited by Prax

It simply states that the blessing on the BK's armor wore off, nothing more. xP

And the milk-sibling thing is the reason I find Geoffrey and Elincia rather creepy as a pair. I always found them much cuter in a brother/sister relationship. I'm actually thinking of doing a fanart of them as kids. Geoffrey might be defending Elincia from bullies or giving her a piggyback ride or something. I dunno yet. lol

Ike and Elincia are a classic heroxprincess pair but done in a unique way. Elincia isn't a damsel in distress being rescued by her hero Ike or anything like what's been done many times in other fairytales and fiction. They're two troubled teens that can relate in to each other in many ways (parents were slaughtered, had the mantel of leadership thrust upon them prematurely, etc.), yet come from two completely different lifestyles. They meet purely by chance and grow close to one another. Ike then becomes Elincia's mercenary and general whom leads her army alongside her to take back their country from an evil, psychotic king. Their positions make it difficult for them to possibly pursue a relationship and they would have to overcome large obstacles to be together. This is one thing I really like about a romance between them. By taking on that challenge, they could've both grown well as characters.

Ike could've pulled a Jill and learned that not all nobles are crazy fools after all. And that many are good people he can be friends with and even share some of his ideals. He could've then used his ranking of lord to continue aiding Elincia in bringing a lasting peace between the beorc and the laguz. In this situation, Elincia would also grow more as a queen by taking on its challenges. Similarly, Ike would continue growing as a leader.

In a completely different scenario, Ike would've stayed a mercenary commander and grown as a warrior and leader. Elincia would've found that she enjoyed the simple life more (which I believe she might actually already. Keyword: MIGHT) than being royalty and that she doesn't need to sit on a throne to see hers and Ike's dream of a lasting peace between the beorc and laguz and protect Crimea. She would leave ruling Crimea to Renning, who shares hers and Ike's ideals. He's the only one she would trust with the throne.

Okay, I'm done with my rant, lol. Just thought I'd throw in my two cents on why I support this pair so adamantly. :P:

Elincia isn't a damsel in distress being rescued by her hero Ike or anything like what's been done many times in other fairytales and fiction.

> Chapter 4's Ending Event

That's like saying Ranulf is a dragon laguz.

> Chapter 4's Ending Event

That's like saying Ranulf is a dragon laguz.

Um, not what I meant. I was referring more to Elincia getting captured by the bad guy and Ike rushing in to rescue her. Not Ike randomly finding her passed out in the bushes. xP

Edited by Anacybele

I would be thrilled if Ike was asexual. Screw romance and pairings, all it does is cause flame wars.

Better idea: Evey FE character is asexual. =)

As for my pairings, only one I really like is MegxZihark because Meg is just so cute around her Pookums. Meg is like the only new FE10 character that isn't Micaiah that has any sort of character.

MiccyXSothe was so obvious from the beginning. GeofferyXElincia is way too cliche for my tastes. I don't see IkeXElincia happening due to Ike not wanting anything to do with royal houses and the like, and I don't see Elincia giving up her kingdom after all the work she went through to save it (and between PoR and RD, I think Crimea would rather have Elincia on the throne than Renning).

HaarXTitania is totally legit and genealogists have discovered connections between them, Seth and Sigurd

On the IkeXElincia pairing, I've always seen it as just this childish crush Elincia had on Ike PoR. Y'know, the whole mercenary in dingy armour thing or something like that, since he came to her aid when she thought that she had lost everything. But in between the ending of PoR and the start of RD she matured enough that she came to realize that the affection she felt for him was just a silly crush and eventually got over it, which is why she and Ike seemed distant in RD. That's my two cents on it, anyways.

And something I can't figure out is which Titty pairing is better. TitaniaXHaar or TitaniaXSeth?