Fave RD Couples?

Sundus64

Okay, seeing as we've gotten lots of opinions on IkexElincia and stuff, let's go to a different RD pair!

What's everyone's take on KieranxMarcia? They're my second favorite pair in the series and I just love their supports in PoR. So LOL. XD

They'd make such a funny and cute couple, imo. I can imagine Marcia scolding Kieran for hurting himself a lot. lol

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might as well post my preferred pairings.

Micaiah x Laura, Ilyana x Mia, Meg x Fiona, Jill x Mist, Lethe x Lyre, Elincia x Lucia, Marcia x Astrid, Tanith x Sigrun, and Heather x Nepheenee

In all seriousness, though, I hate that people tend to simplify Ike/Elincia and Elincia/Geoffrey as "hero/princess" or "princess/knight" pairings. Because it's really not that simple. Elincia is not your typical "princess". Nor is her connection and story with Ike and Geoffrey just that of a classic "hero" and "knight". Instead of liking or disliking a pairing simply because it's an "archetype," you should love it or hate it because of the specific characters involved and their personalities and interactions with one another.

Oh, believe me, I adore Ike and Elincia's supports in PoR. And the ending of the game...man it gave me such cutegasms. And I think they just plain look really cute together. So yeah, their interactions and personalities and such are definitely reasons I got into this pairing.

But I'm asking about KieranxMarcia now, lol! xP

I actually am curious: what exactly does a pair of relatives being in love have to do with you or affect you in any way? Is this some Oedipus complex in action? The defiance of its validity due to your own fears that you might hold the same feelings for your own relatives but need some sort of barrier to convince yourself that such feelings of love among your own family members isn't sexual? This is actually quite common, and has a lot to do with people dismissing homosexuality. Because bromance!

Your excuse sounds like the typical "it's a long established rule that we've been taught by society" (and the bible) mindset that many used to discriminate against people who stray from the heteronormative--straight, white, privileged.

Oh, give me a bloody break! :facepalm:

Ike/nobody

I would be thrilled if Ike was asexual. Screw romance and pairings, all it does is cause flame wars.

On another topic, I would also be thrilled if we can have an actual bisexual lord who can pair with both men and women in the game's ending.

^this

But if we had to pair Ike...

Ike x Aimee. SO AWESOME I LOVE IT DAMMIT

Other pairings... hm.

Kieran x Oscar. No really this would be so bro. xD

Mist x Sanaki- but only because they're of the same age.

Heather x Nephenee/ Heather x Mia(it'd never happen BUT I CAN DREAM)

Edward x Fiona- so plausible it'd be so cool.

Nolan x Titania- I could see it click if they actually met. PLUS ENEMIES IN BATTLE BECOME LOVERS!

Man if I think of Yuri pairing all that comes to mind is Heather and someone else ugh.

I actually like Anouleth's suggestion of Caineghis x Giffca.

Edward x Leonardo's pretty cool too.

Oh yeah and finally another Ike pairing I could see- Ike x Mia

EDIT:

I adore Rafiel x Nailah. Srsly Nailah is so badass and Rafiel's pretty cool by himself. Reyson is ugh.

Gatrie x Tree I agree Lumi. XD

Edited by Bluedoom

I have to say, I'm not too hot about any of the canonical couples in Telius.

Besides Ike x Soren but even that is probably merely because it's so hard to imagine Soren with anyone else.

I mean, we got Elincia x Geoffrey, who grew up as silblings and I find it hard to imagine you could develop feelings like that under those circumstances.

There is Jill x Haar, which is irritating since Haar already had to be an adult by the time she was even born, since he left Begnion twenty years ago with Shihiram.

It's not the age difference. It's just kinda icky to imagine her romancing a guy who, given how close he is to Shihiram, might very well have kept her in his arms while she was still an infant.

Similar but not quite as extreme, with Sothe x Micaiah.

And of course, there is Astrid x Makalov. This one just rubs me in all the wrong ways.

Astrid is a noble who is trying to live her own live instead of having it decided by her family, which is very admirable. And if you add in the fact that Begnion nobles are pretty evil, she is very easy to like.

And then they decided to hook her up with Makalov...

Makalov lies, cheats, steals from his own sister and takes advantage of everyone who is naive enough to fall for it.

And he doesn't even try to improve. He has absolutely no redeeming qualities. At all.

It's like the game is trying to to play him as an amusing troublemaker but it doesn't work.

The first time we are confronted with this guys "wacky antics", they get his sister almost enslaved or killed by pirates. Not funny at all.

We see how troubled Marcia is because of him, while trying to act upbeat and cheerful all the time. That's not funny either. It's really painful to watch.

Makalov is essentially the most despicable thing in those games. Which is an hell of an accomplishment if the story involves people who committed genocide. At least the story and it's characters treat those people appropriately.

But this guy is free to take advantage of Astrid in any way he feels like. *urgh*

Edited by BrightBow

Yeah, Soren just isn't pairable, really, imo. He seems too closed off from the world and too cold. He also looks pretty dang young, so a lot of the people he'd interact with would look like a pedophile, ew. xP

In the case of Ike, I just think it's undying loyalty. And I can understand that. I'd feel the same way about Ike if he gave me food, shelter, and a freaking life when I was starving to death.

I'm not really into any of the possible RD pairs myself except NaesalaxLeanne. Haar and Jill are okay too (I don't think Haar is THAT much older), but besides them, meh.

Edited by Anacybele

I get the sense that if Soren goes with anyone, it will be someone who isn't in the game. I don't see why he has to be paired with anyone. Makalov, for the most part, is an attempt at comic relief. Of his PoR supports, only one goes beyond that. I suggest reading that one before telling me he has "no redeeming qualities".

Makalov, for the most part, is an attempt at comic relief. Of his PoR supports, only one goes beyond that. I suggest reading that one before telling me he has "no redeeming qualities".

I think I already elaborated in my previous post why he fails at being comic relief.

The game is simply to serious about the consequences about his actions.

Unless of course you can explain to me how Marcia loosing her job, almost being killed by brigands and all that other stuff qualifies as humor.

I think I already elaborated in my previous post why he fails at being comic relief.

The game is simply to serious about the consequences about his actions.

Unless of course you can explain to me how Marcia loosing her job, almost being killed by brigands and all that other stuff qualifies as humor.

In other words, you're taking him way too seriously, as well as not giving Marcia enough credit for her own actions.

Joshua from FE8 = Gambler

Makalov from FE9 = Gambler

Makalov ends up facing his problems.

Joshua cheats to win.

Makalov is hated by people.

Joshua is a character that people tend to like from Sacred Stones.

I see a problem here.

In other words, you're taking him way too seriously, as well as not giving Marcia enough credit for her own actions.

I am taking him seriously because his actions cause very real harm to people.

As for Marcia, even if you honestly think she shouldn't have done anything, remember that the deep collectors came after her when he went missing to collect their money.

She gets dragged into his mess on way or another.

Edit:

Joshua from FE8 = Gambler

Makalov from FE9 = Gambler

Makalov ends up facing his problems.

Joshua cheats to win.

Makalov is hated by people.

Joshua is a character that people tend to like from Sacred Stones.

I see a problem here.

Okay... How exactly does Makalov face his problems? When does he ever stop being a scumbag.

It even says in Astrid's A-Support ending that she "could never tame him".

So it's canon that he never changed during his whole life.

And Joshua is not played for comedy. His lack of responsibility contributed to his mother getting killed. This is taken very seriously and he acknowledges his fault and accepts his responsibilities

Unlike Makalov who, after his sisters dead, whines about Ike telling him that Marcia would be ashamed of him.

Well, at least he bought flowers for her grave, so I guess that's something.

Edited by BrightBow

Maky has a couple good qualities. He never panics or anything before a fight, like Astrid points out, for example. And he's obviously a good knight if Elincia believes he's worth hiring. xP

I am taking him seriously because his actions cause very real harm to people.

As for Marcia, even if you honestly think she shouldn't have done anything, remember that the deep collectors came after her when he went missing to collect their money.

She gets dragged into his mess on way or another.

She chose to leave her job, then chose to go after her brother. This doesn't make him blameless, but it also means that it's not entirely his fault, either.

She chose to leave her job, then chose to go after her brother. This doesn't make him blameless, but it also means that it's not entirely his fault, either.

Well, for one thing, I am not willing to call out somebody for trying to protect their family.

But besides that, the dept collectors we are talking about are criminals. Those kind of people would use any method possible to get the money from Marcia.

From what little we know, we already saw him having dept towards pirates and slave traders. They were a very real threat for her live if she stayed.

And all I said is that I don't consider his antics are not funny and that it's irritating that they seem to be intended to be funny.

Can't you just accept that? Because you are really stretching here to defend my favorite game about this point.

Because even acknowledging some fault on Marcia's part really would not change that. There is no need to argue about that point at all.

Edited by BrightBow

Well, for one thing, I am not willing to call out somebody for trying to protect their family.

But besides that, the dept collectors we are talking about are criminals. Those kind of people would use any method possible to get the money from Marcia.

From what little we know, we already saw him having dept towards pirates and slave traders. They were a very real threat for her live if she stayed.

And all I said is that I don't consider his antics are not funny and that it's irritating that they seem to be intended to be funny.

Can't you just accept that? Because you are really stretching here to defend my favorite game about this point.

Because even acknowledging some fault on Marcia's part really would not change that. There is no need to argue about that point at all.

I'd say the solution is to accept that people will see your "favorite" game differently, and deal with it.

haar x lyre

meg x oscar

jill x kyza

fiona x mordecai

shinon x ena

ike x ranulf

geoffrey x mist

gareth x elincia

brom x laura

aran x calil

marcia x oliver

soren x vika