Is Frederick any good late game?

MajorMajora

Not the way you're suggesting they be handled. They shouldn't be horrible just to be horrible, they already have to deal with slower EXP gain so it's going to take Fredrick longer to Class Change. By than the others should have already promoted to being just as good, if not much better, than him. No reason he should be beaten with a stick like a pure Jeigan since this isn't the same as most FE games where the Jeigan 1/3 usefulness in those games is perfectly balanced since the games are structured by the Chapter format and lack Class Changing.

Edited by Fanfaire

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, as somebody that tends to use characters based on personality, rather than power, I would be a bit upset if I spent a large portion of the game using a character that I really liked, only for them to end up being completely useless, to the point where everything they do ends up being a complete waste. In my opinion, it would defeat the purpose of giving the character any story development at all, because nobody would ever use the character. I am not sure this post actually helps with what is being discussed, but maybe somebody can take what I said and expand it in a useful way.

I know, I mentioned the scenarios that occurs in my previous post. But I'm talking about the proposal in which the Jeigan becomes completly worthless.

Worth is a relative term. The only way to make them worthless by any metric would remove what makes them a Jeigan in the first place. (Your point about having no advantages earlygame and low growth).

A character can be completely worthless at the end but still be worth using at the beginning. For example, say Sothe wasn't allowed to have a blessed weapon in FE10 Endgame. That wouldn't hurt his Part 1 performance in the slightest, and he would still be a well-balanced character.

No, to punish new players who lean on the Jeigan too much.

@Othin: The first works well in theory, but in practice turns out like FE7 Marcus best-case scenario, Seth worst-case scenario.

Yes actually, thank you. I think you said it better than I could have.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire