FE6 HM Roy + Bow Users Playthrough

ZemZem

Chapter 11B: Escape to Freedom

Turns taken: 24

FireEmblem-SealedSword_01-1.png

I accidentally deleted the progress pics earlier today, but never fear! This chapter was rather boring, uneventful, and easy, aside from the merc and fighter reinforcements, the former having steel swords and high SPD. Also, Elphin joined at the beginning of the chapter. I'd prefer Lalum, but eh.

Here are pics recapping what went on:

FireEmblem-SealedSword_02-1.png

Lot got a pretty sucky level up.

FireEmblem-SealedSword_03-1.png

Shin got a few levels, all of them great.

FireEmblem-SealedSword_05-1.png

Boron also got a crappy level up.

FireEmblem-SealedSword_08-1.png

Roy got two good ones. Man...I've never had a Roy with such high LUCK before.

FireEmblem-SealedSword_06-1.png

Wolt gets two good level ups, and soon promotes. He's shown to be quite reliable this run, and he should still perform well.

Now...Mr. Ward got three level ups this chapter, and they consisted of the following:

Uno: STR, SPD, DEF

Dos: HP, SPD

Tres:

Chapter11-EscapetoFreedom-24turns.png

Yeah. 20% SPD growth, my ass. (BTW, he hit D bows last chapter.)

FireEmblem-SealedSword_04-1.png

Introducing...BARTRE THE BRAVE! Aside from SKILL, SPD, and RES, Bartre has good bases. He hits hard, and the brave axe helps his combat. He starts out with D bows, though, so it's gonna take a while to raise that rank up.

And how are the healers faring?

FireEmblem-SealedSword_09-1.png

Quite well.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

Due to a few technical difficulties though (Photobucket refusing to upload my images), chapter 12 might not come up soon. It's been beaten, and I moved onto 12x, but until Photobucket stops being dumb, I can't update. :(

Use Imgur.

Ah, alright. Registered just now, and all that jazz. I wonder how this one will fail...first I reach my Imageshack image limit, then Photobucket refuses to upload my pics. Hmm...

Chapter 12: The Real Enemy

Turns taken: 15

9tBVQ.png

nViFx.png

The Western Isles' chapters haven't really been all that bad, but this one was a bit annoying as well as uneventful. FE6 hit rates are just...man, oh MAN do they annoy me. Chad was only deployed to open the door to Aine's room and to recruit Ray because why not.

mdauy.png

Boron needs an HP boost.

FtkTS.png

Nice first level up promoted, buddy.

kKF0b.png

Since Roy talked to Cath in the past two chapters she appeared in, she joins, and at a convenient time, too. She immediately goes off to open the chests, and gets us the brave bow.

I3W62.png

Great work, Klein.

1iYI3.png

Ward's an awesome boss killer.

aapLr.png

Resistance!

rGnXl.png

And Roy/Wolt reaches A support. Their support bonuses have been rather helpful, so this is good.

Roy then seizes, and we head off to the caves to get Grimface's axe.

Edited by ZM456

Chapter 12x - The Axe of Lightning

Turns taken: 12

hRIA5.png

Another great chapter to train sword users, but it isn't like Roy needs anymore EXP. This chapter was a cakewalk, and the only issue was the Nosferatu druid hanging around near the throne. I didn't take a thief, but it probably would've been wise. Nothing of interest was in a chest, though, besides that white gem chest at the top of the map.

tZZAM.png

Everyone charges to the throne as a group.

LL87M.png

>_<

42ozY.png

>_<

4lVtr.png

>_<

Well, at least you're promoting.

7Un4U.png

I'd expect you to be the Ward of this run, but alas. You're still pretty good, though.

fMsTW.png

Meh.

cKkbv.png

I wanted Boron to get the kill, but unfortunately Ward hit the boss both times. Oh well.

bnbbt.png

She got the energy ring we recieved from the citizens that escaped in 11B just because. Looks like she's gonna promote next map.

Roy seizes, and Armads get.

Chapter 13: Rescue Mission

Turns taken: 16

XSUky.png

The first chapter in a while with everyone in use going, and man, what a chapter. The goal was basically to rush to the throne ASAP because cavalier and paladin reinforcements were tailing us. Before Roy seized, Clarine, Ward, Shin, Sue, and Merlinus sold some stuff in the supply since gold is needed and there needs to be more space for axes and bows.

P2b6X.png

Ouch.

yKXeC.png

NOTHING WILL STOP YOU, WARD.

NOTHING.

8thnv.png

HER NAME IS BORON NOW. *clears throat* C support.

qKvB7.png

Geez, a wyvern rider flying into the middle of a group wielding axes and bows. Miledy has some serious balls.

b86j3.png

Your level ups have really gotten worse lately. Oh well, time to promote.

N8jAa.png

I'm glad she gained a lot of STR before promotion. She's looking quite good right now.

HWDat.png

No, I didn't forget about Dorothy. >_<

mIk9L.png

Ward's basically clearing the way for everyone.

Jwrvj.png

Excellent.

xqsuU.png

AW SWEET. KILLER BOWS.

Vbdrh.png

First, Wolt makes two dents in Flaer. Second, Roy hits him with a light brand shot. And finally:

u10yz.png

Yeah. I'm doing it.

juQ5I.png

Why are you still here.

nW8Ip.png

"It feels so GOOD!"

Roy seizes before the cavaliers and paladins could attack. The body ring village wasn't visited, but it wasn't really needed anyway.

Edited by ZM456

Also, I wonder what happens if every adjacent space by Roy is occupied when Miledy does her flying thing over to him?

She spontaneously combusts

My guess is that she does what other enemies who talk to people do. Attack who ever is in the way or do nothing.

http://gyazo.com/c0a...44234009c8a0d5b

I think our Wards are suffering from fe10 Gatrie syndrome.

Breaking the rules about the archtype.

Geez man, that Ward. That's even more blessed than mine.

Also,.

Shin=SHin

Sue=Boron.

Ward=Darros

Lott=Harpoon

errrr

Klien=Banzai

Wolt=13th

Clarine=Imp?

Dorothy=Folgore Orange :P or Eliedon.

Uh-uh. No way!

And fuck man, Arcadia. >_<

Edited by ZM456

Chapter 14: Arcadia

Turns taken: 17

jaWEt.png

Operation PTCSGWST (Protect the Cute Shaman Girl Who Sucks Terribly) is a go! This chapter actually wasn't too bad, aside from the bandit and berserkers that appeared at the bottom. The boots, speedwings, talisman, and silver card were the only items dug up.

XCfA5.png

Decided to use the RNG desert trick to get Ward the boots. Ward's gonna have some FUN.

lRpJT.png

Filling in other stats, I see.

TVyxY.png

Eh...

yZW9V.png

Bows are so good in this game.

gwDWg.png

At least he's rather tanky?

evQeh.png

Odd level, but at least his stats as of now aren't too shabby. Good job, Roy.

EEmGV.png

Meh...

exXCQ.png

Resistance! And Ward also hit C bows this chapter, so he has access to killer bows. :evil:

XeLMJ.png

DOING GREAT, ASTOL.

k06wh.png

The cute shaman's only use in this chapter. More gold.

paeKY.png

"I want to be as awesome as Ward!"

Uy4AC.png

._.

ioneJ.png

Seriously?

Roy seizes.

I love this run. I wish my run was as fun.

Normal playthrough, I take it?

Chapter 14x: The Infernal Element

Turns taken: 29

0gku5.png

Easy, but annoying chapter. Basically Ward charged his way over to the throne, and waited for the others (Roy, Clarine, Wolt, Shin, Boron) to catch up. Bartre, Klein, and Lot just killed some of the enemies at the beginning and sat the entire chapter out.

3cXDo.png

*sighs*

CUhGt.png

Boron baited out some of the bosses bolting shots.

4hUR0.png

More resistance is good.

gLrAD.png

I can't remember the last time you gained a good level.

me9I2.png

Boron was trapped in the water for two turns, but thankfully she dodged both bolting shots the boss shot at her the turns after he hit her.

sW61F.png

I don't trust my luck in finishing off the boss. Ward needed a healer.

vdond.png

QBu7W.png

I hate this chapter.

G9ffH.png

B support.

JgaBY.png

Waaaaaard.

Roy seizes.

That is very true.

Chapter 15: Dragon Girl

Turns taken: 22

WEuV7.png

The chapters as of now have gotten easier and easier (the boss had 9 AS, for crying out loud). The only annoying part of this chapter were the cavalier reinforcements (a few more appeared because HM), and I wanted others to get some EXP, like Igrene and Wolt. Still a piece of cake.

qWl34.png

Speaking of Igrene, she's yet another sniper, and a pretty good one. She got quite a few kills this chapter. Sexier than Louise, too.

MHmZF.png

Brave Bow!Ward.

IwEol.png

Saved all of Percival's stooges for some more potential gold.

3PiRT.png

Sure.

XjtyF.png

Hahaha.

n1zGn.png

I don't know what this could be used for, since I didn't get the warp staff. Perhaps for the brave weapons.

f4dXW.png

The only reason why Lilina was deployed. Garret has free weapons.

C1TWk.png

This is the worst Shin I've ever used, but he's still not bad. But yet, he DID have HM bonuses this time around...

oZtN5.png

Ward's still stomping about.

vtYHI.png

Strength is always a blessing to see her get.

J58aR.png

Dammit, Lot.

pIu6A.png

Great!

Ward shoots the boss in the face, and Roy seizes.

Edited by ZM456

Chapter 16: Retaking the Capitol

Rsvbi.pngMbBwL.png

Despite its size, this chapter wasn't the most interesting. Basically:

Roy recruited Hugh (at the cheapest price possible), then ran over to the throne room,

Ward also charged to the throne room, the boots giving him a good boost. Astol went along with him.

Miledy recruited Zeiss.

Klein, Bartre, and Lot plugged the mercenary reinforcement holes, and Sue handled the mages.

4pK8y.png

Heh, cool.

5IU93.png

Speed is capped. Yes. WARD capped SPD.

2sL6q.png

*shrugs*

0VQDm.png

Miledy traded Zeiss the cards, the guiding ring Sophia dug up, and the knight's crest Percival's scrubs gave him. He went to the secret shop to sell the promotional items and to get an Orion's Bolt for Mr. Shin.

XzqSQ.png

He probably would've been able to take him even if he HAD the delphi shield, but I wanted Narshen to die a slow and painful death just because. :P:

auESz.png

And Douglass is alive, so time to go to the most annoying gaiden in the game.

Chapter 16: Retaking the Capitol

5IU93.png

Speed is capped. Yes. WARD capped SPD.

Epic... Your Ward is amazing

Edited by Troykv

Chapter 16x: The Pinnacle of Light

Turns taken: 22

Ok8xE.png

Not AS annoying as I thought it would be, but I was still rather cautious playing this chapter. While Douglass hid in the corner like a pansy, I baited out Windam's berserk staff shots, an enemy bishop's purge shots, and got rid of the bolting sage in front of us ASAP.

wmfrp.png

Oh yeah, and Shin promoted. He's back on track getting shitty levels.

cWBoG.png3KAX6.png

Sue, Igrene, and Saul didn't go far, and they only picked off the cavaliers, archer, and mage. The others went to the throne, and it was rather annoying, since Clarine kept getting silenced with less than 40% shots. Shin nearly died, but thankfully, he had a spare elixir on him.

qwXVM.png

Not complaining.

f49oH.png

SKILL is all I'm hoping Ward will get in his last few levels, as well as getting that last STR point.

wTPFg.pngGnYSR.png

Ward now has access to silver bows. Wyverns, say your prayers. If he gets to S Bows (which he probably will), he has access to Miurgre, which gives the user +5 SPD.

Ward with 29 AS. Imagine.

Roy seizes.

Chapter 17 (Sacae): The Bishop's Teachings

w496p.png

Oh MAN, what a fun chapter. Even though it was Fog of War, it was quite the experience. The game has gotten a bit more challenging, and 1RKOing occurs a lot less often for my units. Sacae is going to be tough, it seems.

Basically, Bartre bought a few axes and a lot of bows (I love the silver card), and sold some useless items with help from Merlinus. Ward went through the bottom, but soon backtracked to take care of the cavalier reinforcements that appeared north of the starting position. Boron (I called her Sue last chapter. Oops.), Shin, Igrene, Lot, and Clarine went through the middle, and Roy just...was dragged to the throne later on.

As for Wolt and Klein?

NhZ93.pngEToRy.pngbJI4O.png

Rmsm9.pngYXkx0.pngLOdAf.png

They took turns gaining some levels and money in the arena, and they did not disappoint me in the slightest. Klein could've got a bit more SPD, but at least his defenses and offense are alright.

TEF3U.png

Igreeeeeene.

mJ5NO.png

Looooooooot.

kt1s1.png

Waaa- oh wait, you're amazing.

IA7po.png

Bor-Boooooooor.

fgsDS.png

Good.

lcpg5.png

Still better than Dorothy.

D6YpR.png

Wolt gets the speedwings, because I wanted him to go over 20 SPD. After Ward and Boron teamed up on the boss, Roy seized before the reinforcements became a hassle. And...is it sad that I'm favoring Wolt over Shin this run?

Edited by ZM456