FE6 HM Roy + Bow Users Playthrough

ZemZem

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, Chapter 21, my favorite map in any of the fire emblem games. Yes, I am absolutely crazy. In all honesty, my first run through FE6, I got stuck on this chapter for about 2 months. Granted, I was intermittently playing the game, but I struggled. I didn't find it too bad once I figured out most of the gimmicks on the map... the last enemy wave sucks no matter what though. Trying to ferry Roy to the throne? Hope you like 16 dragon knights. X_x;

Still, this run has been hilarious if only for GOD MODE WARD. WARD SMASH PUNY HUMANS WITH MAX SPEED AND ATTACK. This should be the last hurdle too, Chapter 22 isn't bad and Ch. 23 shouldn't be disgusting.

Ward didn't get AS much action in this chapter, since it was mainly building up EXP for the others.

Chapter 21x: The Silencing Darkness

Turns taken: 32

38CAu.png

Pretty much a breather chapter, since not many things in this chapter were threatening. Roy, Igrene, Boron, Saul, and Wolt went on the left path to the throne, and Klein, Clarine, Shin, Ward, and Elphin went to the right.

Eg8cP.png

a13AW.png

fAqik.png

Using up the last of the statboosters.

FMy0v.png

Kleeeeeiiin.

8D2Hf.png

Good, good.

Orc2x.png

Igreeeeeennne.

ME9Cb.png

Literally EVERYTHING but strength and speed. Way to go.

AwP6a.png

More speed would be nice to see from you, too.

Oooh, support time! Klein/Clarine B:

mGLcn.png

Spanking time.

Blahblahblah...

w8YzY.png

Yeah, when Klein's around, only Clarine can do the sucking.

...Wait...

Ljdlu.png

*zip*

Support over.

tgxGy.png

Appreciate it, senor.

37Aln.png

You're just amazing.

Trvub.png

Yeah, remember when I said that there wasn't much danger in this chapter? Fucking Fenrir tomes may be inaccurate, but they pack a serious punch. No, it didn't do 57 damage to Ward. He got hit by two consecutive shots, which scared and pissed me off.

UUXoL.png

Speeeeeed. You need it.

cHqiF.png

*nods head*

Fp3i0.png

Who?

Roy seizes, and we get the final legendary weapon. Which means that rushing Roy to the throne as fast as possible isn't needed now. It feels good getting this far, because this means:

98pZ2.png

Roy still sucks. But hey, at least he's looking pretty solid by his standards.

Edited by ZM456

Annnnd many pics coming your way!

Chapter 22: The Neverending Dream

Turns taken: 31

Part 1:

1BaWT.pngoUK0G.png

Lengthy chapter, and definitely a really slow one. Roy's group trudged their way to Zephiel, while Merlinus's (lol Merlinus in charge) worked their way to the western switch. Astol was deployed to get the chests on the right, but unfortunately, the white gem on the left side wasn't opened by one of our thieves. It's not like money is needed at this point in the game, anyway.

The reason why this chapter took a while because a hero and a sniper on the left side were harassing Boron and the others, and Ellen was silenced. Really got me irritated, but everyone survived. The chapter itself is easy, but there are annoyances that pop up all the time, such as the sleep staff wielding bishop to the north.

But most importantly...LEVEL UP PALOOZA!

5ol6I.png

Yeah!

uk3AT.png

Roy levels up quite a bit.

jIKZb.png

Lot still has some uses.

rVsGV.png

Neato!

jIahw.png

I don't expect much from you, to be honest.

mYrC2.png

Lot turns on the first switch, and stays there for the remainder of the map. The reinforcements triggered when Roy opens the door weren't a threat at all to him.

BBCgG.png

And everything goes downhill from here...

pd5mc.png

See?

eHIuc.png

Uphill again! And Shin capped STR.

Ng1Tc.png

Filling in those other stats.

8uBnc.png

Dayan is the king from Zelda CDi.

y7B1r.png

DEF is alright.

gPUWL.png

Just sit there. All five of you are done for the chapter.

eOxxK.png

Forgot to add this pic in the last part. Shin capped SKILL.

Part 2:

lhFA2.png

And we're gonna kick your ass, Zephiel.

I was expecting the enemies inside the throne room to be more overwhelming, but they were taken out quickly. The dragons, though, were a bit tough to handle. Ward handled one of them, while Roy killed the other.

PS5WW.png

Dammit.

gAoma.png

I was expecting Ward to do a lot less damage, but even though 60% isn't very reliable, Ward took down Zephiel quickly. Shin and Wolt plugged in the bottom two staircases to prevent reinforcements from arriving, and Roy and Klein killed the two reinforcements that came from the top.

mthTS.png

*thumbs up*

After Elphin played for Roy, the lord seized.

Chapter 23: The Ghost of Bern

Turns taken: 23

7XYqI.png

The final chapter in which all of our bow users can be together. 'Tis a shame. This is also the final chapter in which we'll be seeing Lot, Igrene, Dayan, Dorothy, and Bartre.

jmUx3.png

And what a fun chapter this was. Though it was pretty simple, the beginning of the chapter was rather rough. Lot ran to the right to handle the wyverns, but he couldn't do much to them. Even with a silver axe, he failed to 1RKO. Plus, the ballista attacking him was rather dangerous. On turn 2, Dayan, Boron, and Wolt handled the wyvern and flux druid rushing down the side with ease while Lot ran and hid like a pansy.

miwNe.png

You really turned around, buddy. That's a great thing.

rVsLg.png

I call this a ZM level. I can't count how many times Wolt got this level. I may be wrong, but it felt like a lot.

yho96.png

You're pretty much going on retirement.

uCFkk.png

Bartre wasn't very useful this chapter. Sure, he could reliably 2HKO most wyvern, but he didn't do anything in particular other than get this kill and recruit Karel.

nmWc6.png

He even admits it!

FkMCv.png

The druids had a very large MAG range, since they capped their MAG. Clarine and Saul healed Ward as much as possible, and the others took out the wyvern and the dragon, the latter being the most dangerous to deal with.

L06gr.png

Good final level. Good, good, good.

vHOqO.png

Klein has been very reliable.

fzsNB.png

I'm so glad bows are amazing in this game.

I7bY6.png

I am disappoint.

LLYH9.png

Vi8hU.png

This brings back some memories...funny ones, at that.

Brenya/Brunya was rather dangerous with bolting, but Ward and Boron tanked them with ease. By the time she started attacking, the druids had used up all of their status staves.

TnitM.png

Like a boss. No.

Like a WARD. *shot repeatedly*

5QN0L.png

Roy proceeds to level up.

450bo.png

The look on her face must be of utmost TERROR. Boron and Wolt proceeded to weaken her, for...

JB8KK.png

WXiov.png

Whoop. He seized after.

At the beginning of the chapter, killer axes, silver axes, silver bows, killer bows, and physic staves were bought. The final two chapters in the game are coming, and boy, will it be a fun ride.

Chapter 24: The Truth of the Legend

Turns taken: 22

fZVbH.png

Oooh, we are ready. We're ready, and we're gonna destroy everything. Why? Because dragons may have a lot of HP, but wyrmslayers, the Sword of Seals, and the legendary weapons basically destroy them.

znDKK.png

Roy's actually pretty dangerous.

xT3iD.png

I'd seriously hate to cross paths with this guy.

This was a fun chapter, and the amazing music playing got me pumped to finally finish this. Boron, Ward, Shin, and Roy were pretty much the frontliners, while Klein and Wolt helped out when needed. Clarine, Elphin, and Saul did their things, while Fa just tagged along for the ride.

The main strategy to seize each throne was to ferry Roy over to the next one, while Boron or Ward cleared the way for whoever was ferrying him (Shin or Boron). The reinforcements that occur after you seize each throne were on our tail, so everyone had to rush as fast as possible.

w3x5c.png

I know we're almost done, but seriously?

HmmLE.png

And what a long chapter this was...

uHQTM.png

Boron and Shin hit A support, which proved useful in some cases. With Roy and Shin near her, Boron could 1RKO most dragons with the wyrmslayer.

mkBWw.png

Nice.

hCEvQ.png

We're squishing your stooges like fucking BUGS.

O1TJL.png

Almost capped.

iQVD2.png

Technically Ward did. :awesome:

*sees Klein and Clarine have their final support* Oh geez... (This isn't the entire support, it's just the end of it.)

PFKjm.png

w0WaI.png

That's nice to hear.

1WV0h.png

caPsY.png

I think she wants to be screwed by you.

hq464.png

Oh boy.

9Dthe.png

mcdHM.png

Okay, I was off by A LOT, but...

yLZr4.png

What an asshole. Support your sister, you jerk.

43746.png

Exactly. Screw off, Klein. :-_-:

yJQ4Z.png

Clarine fixes Miurgre, which had two uses left. Thankfully the only time in the chapter Hammrne was used, which was weird, since I expected it to break. Not complaining, though.

KVlsl.png

j5Srd.png

Yahn is pathetic.

Roy seizes, and we're on our way to the FINAL chapter. Our journey is almost done, guys!

lR4YF.png

No reinforcements were injured during the making of this part.

yLZr4.png

What an asshole. Support your sister, you jerk.

She'd do quite better than Cecilia. Klein just doesn't want her around him anymore... mellow.gif

Edited by Richter Abend

Final: Beyond the Darkness

Turns taken: 3

ee181.png

1zMgj.pngtJScL.png

ROFX7.png

E61Nw.png

p2t0x.png

fC2qG.png

3r0T2.png

vlB1E.png

...And Saul ruins the mood. Nice one, man.

FGRIu.png

xuZHi.png

iMUkI.png

And that's exactly what was done, Roy.

Even though it's the final chapter, it's...well, easy. Everyone basically trucked over to Iodun.

EXCZy.png

The final level up of the playthrough.

And now...here's the Iodun battle:

And...that's that.

Unit analysis and closing comments coming soon.

Edited by ZM456

y26zD.png

Hey! I did it!

fiYYP.png

How the heck did I get A for EXP? Ward pretty much killed everything after chapter 18!

*clears throat* As promised, here's the unit analysis:

[spoiler=Roy and the Bow(wo)men]

OOxPy.pngOa9QG.png

Could've done a lot better, but Roy still performed well. His level ups got pretty bad after promotion, but all he did pretty much was murder dragons, which are terrible. Not bad, Roy.

yjTTJ.png7wXvz.png

Competent, and not useless! The levels he gained in the arena before the main Sacae chapters helped him out, and he was one of the most valuable units of this playthrough as well. Still sucks, but at least he performed excellently.

Translators, I DEMAND you fill in Wolt's ending!

tGVdU.pnge4Xrv.png

Words cannot describe how fucking amazing Ward was. I...don't know what to say, because pretty much everything positive would be an understatement to the almighty power of this motherfucker. Holy shit, Ward, 20% SPD growth, my ass. MY ASS! You're just...too good!

LJKKF.png

Double S'es, too!

MVP of this run. Hands down. And this city he inspired to be built? He built it BY HIMSELF. I dub thee NEW WARD CITY.

z3qqv.pngD0l4f.png

Lot was useful in earlygame and middgame, but he slowly stared to dwindle around Sacae. His level ups around that time didn't help him too much, either. Great unit, but could've done better.

eLjuM.pngcGIBK.png

Terrible. Dorothy disappointed me heavily. I tried to give her some EXP later in the game, but her level ups just said no.

0T0Ul.pngeu2VI.png

BOR-BOR! SO GOOD.

Sue was the runner-up for the MVP spot. Her STR blessage got her far, and she did amazingly well after promoting.

1GQ4h.png

Raising her sword rank came in handy. Excellent job, Sue.

FdJsw.pngSSRVj.png

DOKU! ALSO SO GOOD.

Shin really turned around after promoting, and he was basically a faster Wolt on a horse. Sure, that sounds rather insulting, but Wolt did really good in this run. Shin did as well, and he and Sue made an awesome team in getting work done in various cases.

SDkOs.pngAmz3O.png

I didn't have enough time to get a clear shot, okay. But who cares, because Klein's a jerk.

I expected Klein to do a bit worse than he did, but I'm glad I was wrong. If Klein had more SPD, he'd be perfect.

eLjuM.png3Lk3F.png

Ladies and gentlemen, the LVP of the run. At least Dorothy could hit. Bartre, you could've done better. Like Klein, you'd be better with more SPD, but at least Klein had a competent SPD base.

B1lmU.png

kYoZe.png2pt6A.png

Jedi's FE6 waifu Igrene did better than I thought she would. Her joining bases were good, but her growths kinda held her back. She was still solid, but her HP was pretty low. As for Dayan, his SPD helped him a lot. His few level ups all blew, but I wasn't expecting much from him. Still better than Dorothy and Bartre, though.

[spoiler=Healers]

z3qqv.png4d639.png

Don't let those stats fool you; Ellen was VERY helpful. Though she got less screentime than the other two staffbots, physic staves are amazing.

qIxjs.png7mq4L.png

A bit MAG screwed, but not too bad. Saul's support with Dorothy helped for a bit.

AutBn.pngajXkz.png

Heheheh. Clarine.

She was the most helpful out of the three, despite having the least MAG. But, she's mounted, and had that support with Klein. Troubadours FTW! (Though Clarine is my least favorite one, haha.)

[spoiler=Of Bards and Jeigans]

N2F9z.pngpue4I.png

I would've preferred to have Lalum, but Elphin was really bro. He did his job well, and got levels dancers and bards needed. 5 SKILL is also pretty funny.

ojubw.pngM5epb.png

Thank you for your help during earlygame, Marcus. You enjoy that retirement, sir. :)

...What are you all looking at me for? Closing comments? Ah, right.

Um, well...that was fun. I finally beat all of the modes on the GBA FEs, and it feels good beating the hardest one of the bunch. I really enjoyed this playthrough and sharing it with all of you, despite FE6 being my least favorite FE. Seriously, I just can't...I'm not a fan of it. There were some moments when I felt some rage due to unfair bullshit this game throws at you, but you know what? Having a SPD blessed Ward WTFstomp everything in this game was satisfying, and I'd do it again!

I'd like to thank those who gave me words of encouragement and help throughout the run. I hope you all enjoyed keeping track of my progress as much as I did updating. *bows*

fiYYP.png

How the heck did I get A for EXP? Ward pretty much killed everything after chapter 18!

That's because the patch has all the ranks swapped.

Tactics is translated proper. (Turncount)

EXP should be Survival

Time should be Funds

Survival should be Combat (Wins-Battle ratio)

Weapon should be EXP

Funds should be Power (Total Levels of all your units)

Anyway, awesome run. Glad I followed it!

Well, your playthrough inspired me to do a hm bows only run on Fe6 too, and it's great fun.

I'm at 11b and my 20/1 Ward is total trash though. Below average stats on everything besides +3 def is lame.

Speaking of def, I'm thinking the God of defense is watching over me. 20 defense Lott at 20/2 is hilarious (below average stats/18 skill everywhere else, but 20 def!), +3 def Roy at 20/- (again, below average stats everywhere else), +3 def Wolt at 20/1 (dude got str screwed though), etc.

Also, my Dorothy is hilariously good. Above average/equal stats everywhere is good stuff at 18/-, in comparison to the failure that is Wolt.

I'm really hoping to have someone amazing enough to solo the entire game (in your case, lolWard), unfortunely everyone except Dorothy is pretty screwed/average in everything besides defense..Dorothy's great at killing things, but she's horribly fragile.

Edited by Davinatorman

• 4 weeks later...

That's because the patch has all the ranks swapped.

Tactics is translated proper. (Turncount)

EXP should be Survival

Time should be Funds

Survival should be Combat (Wins-Battle ratio)

Weapon should be EXP

Funds should be Power (Total Levels of all your units)

Anyway, awesome run. Glad I followed it!

Ahhhh, thanks! That clears up so many things! I had no idea what time and weapons were supposed to represent.

This was very entertaining. Why does everyone give up on Dorothy? ;-;

I can't believe how amazing your Ward turned out! Someone needs to check his growth rates, because no Wards seem to turn out as being average.

Also:

FdJsw.png

Why does Shin have a -- next to battles? Did he go over some sort of battle cap?

Oh cool, this was bumped. Late thanks for the confirmation, Jave.

Well, your playthrough inspired me to do a hm bows only run on Fe6 too, and it's great fun.

I'm at 11b and my 20/1 Ward is total trash though. Below average stats on everything besides +3 def is lame.

Speaking of def, I'm thinking the God of defense is watching over me. 20 defense Lott at 20/2 is hilarious (below average stats/18 skill everywhere else, but 20 def!), +3 def Roy at 20/- (again, below average stats everywhere else), +3 def Wolt at 20/1 (dude got str screwed though), etc.

Also, my Dorothy is hilariously good. Above average/equal stats everywhere is good stuff at 18/-, in comparison to the failure that is Wolt.

I'm really hoping to have someone amazing enough to solo the entire game (in your case, lolWard), unfortunely everyone except Dorothy is pretty screwed/average in everything besides defense..Dorothy's great at killing things, but she's horribly fragile.

I hope you have someone as amazing, too. I got extremely lucky with Ward. Maybe Dorothy will pull through for you, I dunno. :P

This was very entertaining. Why does everyone give up on Dorothy? ;-;

I can't believe how amazing your Ward turned out! Someone needs to check his growth rates, because no Wards seem to turn out as being average.

Also:

FdJsw.png

Why does Shin have a -- next to battles? Did he go over some sort of battle cap?

Dorothy probably has the best growth rates out of everyone, but she got some pretty bad level ups starting off, so her usefulness dwindled over time before it went splat lategame. She could still shoot down wyverns, since bows in FE6 are OP against them.

Again, I don't believe Ward's SPD growth is 20% after this run, haha. I'll have to do another random file later to see how he turns out, because this was crazy.

I don't think he did. That was really odd.

Edited by ZM456

Unfortunately, I still have no one near the godly power your Ward had. Instead, I get to have a 25 defense (20/12) Lot that's basically invinicible to physical attacks. On the other end of the stick, I get to have a super shitty Wolt with 14 str/16 spd at 20/10. Doubles nothing and hardly does any damage.

Wolt seems to be useless in flier-less chapters. Wyverns are pretty slow, so he should be able to double most of them. As for Lot, is his SPD high enough? I'd give him a speedwings, if you have any.

Lot's speed is decent enough (18), but I doubt speedwings will really help him double much more than he already does. He easily survives all the nomads and the mages/sages can't double him. I gave the first speedwings to Klein to help him double stuff off the bat, can't remember who I gave the second one to. Roy's absolute garbage though, 12 speed is pathetic and he's doubled by a ton of stuff. Bartre's been really useful up til now though, his incredibly high str base was really useful. Not doing so good in Sacae right now, though.

As for the other people, Shin and Sue are doing good enough as expected (Sue's the only one who can double N.Troopers, which is a godsend), Dorothy's still frail as shit but is my best sniper offensively, Klein's useful, Igrene's at least better than Wolt, and Ward's pretty much just an inferior Lot in every way.

Edited by Davinatorman