FE6 HM Roy + Bow Users Playthrough

ZemZem

aUeqq.pngPfY05.png

AH7UT.pngAf3Wp.png

Even though Ward can double literally everything on the map (Monke is weighed down by 4 AS thanks to his brave weaponry, so Ward can hit him four times with the brave axe or brave bow), I'm still scared shitless.

Edited by ZM456

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aUeqq.pngPfY05.png

AH7UT.pngAf3Wp.png

Even though Ward can double literally everything on the map (Monke is weighed down by 4 AS thanks to his brave weaponry, so Ward can hit him four times with the brave axe or brave bow), I'm still scared shitless.

Probably because everyone else ain't so lucky.

Chapter 18 (Sacae): The Law of Sacae

Turns taken: 10

2Fr09.png

Okay...where to start...

THAT WAS HELL. It even took a few retries to get everything right, since Ward, Boron, and/or Shin died repeatedly to stupid RNG.

I only really needed Ward, Shin, Boron, Wolt, Klein/Igrene, Elphin, Saul/Ellen, Merlinus and Clarine for this. The strategy was to send Ward to the throne with the brave bow, an elixir, and a few other weapons. Roy didn't move for the throne until the boss was killed, since the reinforcements were VERY dangerous.

phPA4.png

As you can see, Wolt was at the bottom so he could handle the few nomads and nomadic troopers at the bottom, and he did a good job at it. The troopers were slightly weighed down if they attacked someone with a steel sword, making them prone to being doubled.

rfwBD.png

This guy's a jerk. He has a physic staff, so he needed to be gotten rid of.

4h5wb.png

Fixing the physic staff probably wasn't needed (the shop sold physic, which Dorothy bought three of), but eh.

cAStu.png

Eventually Shin and Boron were being a bit overwhelmed by enemies, so they had to retreat back near the starting position to have an easier time with them. Shin, unsurprisingly, got a bad level.

6gMd9.png

Boron really wants Sacae back.

PVb4Z.png

Before Ward took on the boss, he had to handle the reinforcements that were all over the place. They could damage him quite substantially, which is why the elixir came in handy. He also hit S bows and finally capped STR, so this is the last time we'll see the amazing Ward level.

ohrkN.png

Good.

Wolt, Shin, Boron, Clarine, Klein, Elphin, and Roy then went to (Shin, Boron, Roy) or near the throne (Wolt, Clarine, Klein, Elphin) when the enemy reinforcements stopped for about a turn or two. Shin and Boron helped Ward take on Monke, who decided to be a jerk and have 21 AS instead of 20 AS this time around. Boron was the one that notched the final arrow.

fqh23.png

STR blessed Boron and SPD blessed Ward is a great combo to get jobs done.

Even after Monke was defeated, reinforcements appeared. Elphin and Clarine almost got killed due to stupidity, but the latter's Klein support helped her barely survive. Elphin surprisingly didn't get doubled by a trooper, which was a good thing.

Npqk9.png

You're telling me. If it wasn't for Ward, Boron, Shin, and WOLT even, I wouldn't have been able to beat this chapter. This was definitely the hardest chapter so far in the playthrough (and most likely definitely) and as well as the hardest chapter in the game for me. I'm glad this hell is over.

Edited by ZM456

Let's see, your Ward (not counting the Book and the Wings) is +0 to HP, +1 to Str, -2 to Skl, +8 to Spd, -2 to Lck, -5 to Def, and +3 to Res compared to his averages. He's amazingly speed blessed, and fairly res blessed, but otherwise he is kinda low, especially defense.

Let's see, your Ward (not counting the Book and the Wings) is +0 to HP, +1 to Str, -2 to Skl, +8 to Spd, -2 to Lck, -5 to Def, and +3 to Res compared to his averages. He's amazingly speed blessed, and fairly res blessed, but otherwise he is kinda low, especially defense.

Dat spd makes all the difference though. It gets him from doubled in Sacae to DOUBLING in sacae.

Chapter 19 (Sacae): Battle of Bulgar

Turns taken: 31

zezVt.png

There's something about this chapter I really like, even though it's more tedious than difficult. My units were basically sitting on their butts for about 20 turns waiting for the reinforcements coming out of the houses and from the sides of the map to end, and they were pretty easy to take care of. Still, a successful chapter.

Ix0Jv.png

9M2Ea.png

The beginning of the chapter was the hardest and most tricky part, since wyverns with capped or nearly capped STR rushed in to attack, and the sages with the silence and sleep staves didn't help matters. Still, they were taken care of just fine, and Boron capped STR.

WRRPe.png

The next part of the chapter was when things got tedious. I didn't feel like wasting weapon uses on breaking walls, so I waited for the doors to open. After two waves of reinforcements, the doors opened, and nearly EVERYONE inside rushed toward Roy and his army. Boron, Ward, Wolt, and even Roy took turns taking hits from the myrmidons, which were thankfully weighed down from their steel swords.

YJbxO.png

Hmm...alright. STR is good. Shin took care of some nomads before going north to help out.

cLzx5.png

Yes, Dorothy is still alive and well. She actually has a USE, believe it or not, since she does 20 or so damage against wyverns with a killer bow.

ZGbmA.png

Klein is probably my favorite pre-promoted sniper right now.

Dk55u.png

I'm still baffled on how Wolt is GOOD.

6m1aP.png

Hh0KX.png

Gotta go fast.

6ldeL.png

Lot. No.

RMhTi.png

Gel's a fast motherfucker, but Ward and Sue actually took him down no problem:

After the boss was taken down, Roy, Igrene, and Klein visited the houses for some cool stuff. Roy then seized, ending the second chapter of hell.

zaANk.png

Whew...

Chapter 20 (Sacae): The Silver Wolf

Turns taken: 16

nswAP.png

Aside from the bolting sages and berserk staff at the start of the chapter, it was pretty easy. The bolting sages were jerks, since they could put a huge dent or 1HKO my units, and they never wanted to get in range of the longbow. For some reason, the berserk staff sage targeted Niime each time, and she dodged two of the shots and got hit by the last one, but all she had on her was the eclipse tome, since I traded her flux away. When the sages ran out of anything harmful they had, though, the chapter became easy.

O4hbS.png

Even unpromoted, Dorothy's still kinda sweet.

wSOyQ.png

She's getting there, I guess.

IPpjw.png

She is, too.

Wywb2.png

Shin got the energy ring that I got from a house last chapter, since his STR needs to get up there.

GfB5J.png

8HMj8.png

GEEZ.

dPmlg.png

SO BADASS. JOIN MY SIDE.

cdfWO.png

I wonder what exactly happened to Rath, since I believe it's implied that he died during the battles in Sacae. It'd be nice to know HOW, but eh.

5wRg9.png

His bases are alright, aside from that crappy STR, but he's at a pretty high level. Not to mention his growths are really bad. Still, he'll be useful in C21 and C23, since there are a lot of wyverns to shoot down.

xOsfV.png

Shin and Dayan have a nice conversation for the hell of it.

7hel2.png

KErHK.png

xyTtD.png

After Dayan appears, everyone goes north to the throne room. Ward and Wolt weakened Roartz, and Igrene got a lucky 1 damage hit on him, finishing him off. Before Roy seized, Astol got some booty from the chest room. Gaiden time.

Edited by ZM456

Chapter 20x (Sacae): The Bow of Winds

Turns taken: 29

9KhX5.pngXG7XE.pngDhEq9.png

The final chapter of the Sacae route, and I'm glad it's over. So many fast enemies... X_X

This chapter started off a bit annoying, and then it just turned tedious. The wyverns were easy to deal with, but the nomads and troopers rushing in caused a few problems. Dorothy, Lot, and Bartre weren't deployed since they're kinda liabilities.

After the nomads were taken out, though, the chapter got easier. The status staves were annoying, but this chapter still went slightly well, if not a bit long.

DjMJi.png

Nicely done!

d8G07.png

HHJJv.png

You're being outdone by WOLT, Shin. WOLT! They have the same SPD, but shut up, STR is my favorite stat. :P

Nomadic troopers being able to cross rivers helped, so Bor-Bor ferried Roy over to the two thrones south of the starting position. The brothers were all pretty easy to handle, except that the mounted ones were a bit tough to hit.

moYTY.png

Hmm...

KTAGt.png

Craven cur!

0UGV7.png

srsly

jMMJC.png

Why not? Maybe supporting Roy with Marcus wasn't the smartest thing earlier, since his supports are now maxed out (A - Wolt, C - Sue, C - Marcus), but they both could appreciate a small bonus.

oL926.png

Shiiiiin...

UfFEM.png

Alright.

5Gb87.png

More SKILL and SPD is nice, Bor-Bor.

DJQhe.png

Believe it or not, Wolt just capped STR.

Q4E9E.png

t27Xo.png

NO!

The reinforcements weren't even that bad. If they attacked Roy, they missed most of the time because throne bonuses.

wVivP.png

There you go, Shin. There you go.

2vMNC.png

Of course it's the last one.

Xxj9k.png

Sweeet. All in all, not that bad of a chapter.

s5VmL.png

29 SPD Ward is coming. Watch out, game.

29 SPD Ward is coming. Watch out, game.

I bet your gonna be repairing Miurgre with hammerne a good amount of times.

Edited by Richter Abend

Chapter 21: The Sword of Seals

Turns taken: 17

U6wUZ.png

Curse you, chapter 21! You may be even more annoying than chapter 18 Sacae! I still think the latter is more difficult, since you have no idea where the reinforcements will pop up. But when you trigger the reinforcements in this chapter, they hit HARD. And a lot appear over time. Doesn't help that pain came my way before the throne, as you'll see shortly.

I'd like to thank Shin for a map of this chapter so I could see the easiest route to end the chapter, and for some much needed advice.

0m7Xm.pngKnF7l.png

Ward rushed ahead to trigger the paladin and wyvern reinforcements from the south, while everyone stayed at the starting position. Boron, Wolt, Shin, Dayan, Igrene, and even Dorothy would be used in a bit.

For Ward, the reinforcements appeared in a large number, breaking both of the hand axes he had on him, and nearly breaking the killer and brave axes, which were soon used to battle Murdock.

jQnwF.png

Whee.

abEQs.png

Yeah yeah yeah!

ZHoIg.png

So BAD.

4VhcA.png

I really don't like the RNG. Ward kept getting hit by sub-30% attacks consecutively. Thankfully Ellen and Clarine put the physic staves to good use.

nPHGU.png

After the wave of reinforcements ended, Boron, ferrying Roy, charged down over to Ward, and the two trucked for the throne. Now, I made a few mistakes that should've bit me in the ass, but didn't miraculously:

1. Not one of the three had an elixir on hand.

2. I forgot that the mamkutes moved.

3. I forgot about the bolting sage in front of Murdock.

Thankfully, none of the bolting shots the sage fired hit anyone, but the mamkute brought Boron down to low HP. She's fairly fast, though, so barely anything could hit her, which came in handy.

jF8IN.png

As for everyone else, Gale and his stooges rushed in, but they were easily picked off. Unfortunately, reinforcements coming from the east were about to start trouble. Everyone fragile went to hide behind the more sturdy ones, who picked the wyverns off slowly but surely.

sO1nF.png

fDBfs.png

Cool, cool.

ctt4e.png

And SPD is now capped. Way to go, Bor-Bor.

DTC35.png

Ward thankfully got a few lucky crits against Murdock, who never hit him once. They were well-timed, too, since Roy was one hit away from dying since I left him in a knight's range. But now, the pain is over.

MLDSS.png

Lot is such a tank.

Dxitm.png

I'm sorry, guys, but Dorothy is benched. I tried to find use for her, but she just won't cooperate. Because of that, I sold the member's card, since it's not needed anymore. My original plan was to send Miledy (who was deployed anyway) to fly over to the secret shop to get a bolt and other stuff that'd be nifty, but the reinforcements begged to differ. So, a bunch of silver weapons and physic staves were bought, and Roy seized.

BSnzc.png

Whew...