FE8 dificulty patch

cyron

this is a patch i made for fe8 it is designed to increase difficulty drastically by boosting enemy stats which was the most major change to the enemies, all of whom are auto leveled

changes to the good guys include:

-seth becoming a mercenary i was going to give him a prf called knight blade but he was to good already

-gilliam is now the jeigan he is a ranger now i chose ranger because the sacred twin of frelia is a bow so being frelian it made sense to me

-kyle is now a armor knight

-lute can become a druid

-female cavs can become falcon knights

-marisa can become a ranger in place of assassin

-joushua can become a rouge in place of assassin

-ewan can become a bishop in place of his super trainee

-preists and clerics can use e rank light tomes

-general buff to archers and pre-promotes

-all units had buff all around

no screen shots because there really aren't any graphical changes

as a final note i am open to suggestions on how to improve this

I feel like I started something. :P

Kinda having a hard time understanding all the promotion changes, and Kyle's reclass is absolutely cruel and makes him terrible (no one wants to be an armor knight).

Might try this sometime soon though.

well kyle was a ak because gilliam isnt one and he was the strong slow cav to begin with ( i HATE slow cavs) so i took it all the way

marisa is a ranger because it is the fastest of the sword using mounted classes so in that respect it fit her and i though she needed a mount to help make up for the turns she costs

f cav to falco is incentive to use amelia

seth because i couldnt think of a class that suited him and wasnt mounted

gilliam because the frelian king is a ranger

lute getting druid id because i like dark magic and it seemed reasonable

joshua no longer having assassin is because i did not think assassin suited joshua

ewan getting bishop is so he can use any magic 2nd teir

also those who play tell me what you think of the dificulty

Edited by Cyron

armor knights dont i will however give them access to all weapons at 1st tier so it could be well worth it also where are the animations they arent in the fe editor animations topic so ill need to look around there is probably a link in the description of the exhibition at fee3

Edited by Cyron

You know that "ask permission" part? It's super-vital. Please do so!

Dei announced during FEE3 that all his edit animations (edits of existing classes) don't require permission anymore

They have 'No' listed for permission on that page now, that means 'no you don't have to ask'

Dei announced during FEE3 that all his edit animations (edits of existing classes) don't require permission anymore

They have 'No' listed for permission on that page now, that means 'no you don't have to ask'

yes but i still want to let him know that i will use his work

i think it's actually yeti's whole site, but it was just a joke... :P I don't think he'd do that.

i assumed it was a joke but still i prefer to know he knows and it may be his whole site but i havent checked

okay dei relied and now i need to find a tutorial on inserting animations as blazer doesent mention it i think i saw one on fe cafe

Edited by Cyron

anonymous is DDOSing GoDaddy or something so that's why my site is intermittent apparently

yes but i still want to let him know that i will use his work

I think he actually chose to do this so people wouldn't be bugging him, but I don't remember clearly so

anonymous is DDOSing GoDaddy or something so that's why my site is intermittent apparently

I think he actually chose to do this so people wouldn't be bugging him, but I don't remember clearly so

hmn makes sense

how hard is it to find a tutorial on inserting animations and why are there so many on how to make them

Edited by Cyron

The Ultimate Tutorial works pretty well.

I'm fairly sure you just need to go into FEditor's Animation Manager, expand the array, and then insert the animation from there. I do believe that everything's already pre-scripted and pre-processed. Then just set up the new Animations in Nightmare, also available in the Ultimate Tutorial, and repoint the animation that armour knights currently have. Don't forget to set an animation for the hand axe and tomahawk too!

how dificult is this? is anyone to op? should i make the tower not be a viable way to train?

i figured it out and now (how animation insertion works) i feel dumb for not realizing it anyway a patch will appear saturday or sunday most likely

and it will include armor knights having axes and lances

halberdiers amelia kyle forde franz or gilliam will be one

changes to items mainly uses and ranks

more logical class changes

and finally in a latter patch i plan to add modified maps

Edited by Cyron

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished Ch. 2. First impressions:

*Detailed changelog please.

*Gilliam is weaker than Franz.

*Not difficult so far. Neither Seth nor Gilliam have been necessary for anything except rescuing - forming walls with Eirika and Franz generates efficient EXP for them both.

___*Edit*___

*You gave Moulder access to light tomes? Really? Staves weren't useful enough?

*Increased offense for archers and early access to longbow is a good change in the right direction. Reduce their HP, Def, and Res dramatically to compensate and improve their identity.

___*Edit*___

Chapter 11 and I've broken your game. With EXP given to 6 characters + 2 healers, I am already breezing through chapters with barely a single thought given to strategy. No supports, no tower, no randoms. Not only did you fail to improve enemy stats sufficiently, you have failed to nerf strong characters (Franz, Ephraim, Cormag), and have even given substantial BUFFS to some (Ross (higher bases, possible higher growths), Cormag (Base hp/def/str/spd of 37/20/19/15 respectively at level 9 (what were you even thinking here)), Kyle (-->knight with 5 move)). You've buffed Ross so much that I think you've arguably made this game EASIER than vanilla.

I don't know how much playtesting you did but these results indicate a lack of sensibility as regards to balance and challenge.

Edited by Trepanation