Shattered Honour: Signup, Intro, etc.

Parrhesia

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy fuck I need to re-rebalance weapon speed

bear with me here folks

Attack Speed - The average of Agility/5, Strength/5 (if using an axe or bow) and Dexterity/5 (if using a crossbow), multiplied by weapon speed, simplified to the first decimal place then multiplied by ten. If you are equal to or more than eight points higher than your opponent and are using an axe, sword or crossbow, you double.

HOPEFULLY FINAL RULESET

EDIT: After statting an archer with a mighty four attack speed, I'm convinced to let bows be influenced by Strength as well. Still can't double. REALLY ABSOLUTELY FINAL CHANGE

Edited by Furetchen

Name: Chrysanthum

Sex: Male

Nationality: Tascaran

RPer: Furetchen

Appearance: Long, WILD blonde hair, brown eyes. 204cm with a heavy build.

Personality: I'll copy Defeatist Elitist and just say you'll see.

Backstory: I dunno, I guess he's a guy who was born and likes to fight. I'm not good at backstories.

Class: Mercenary

Level: 1

Attributes: 8/4/6/7

Skills: Offensive

Equipment: The heaviest available.

Edited by Nightmare

• 3 weeks later...

Name: Bruce

Nationality: The Republic of Dracia

RPer: Bruce Wayne

Appearance: Sleek dark hair, somewhat muscular build with a few scars, green eyes, and always wearing black.

Personality: Light hearted, always friendly to anyone who is presumed to be an ally until it comes to battle. When fighting he is cold, calculated, and 100% serious. But no matter what happens he is always protective of the ones he loves.

Backstory: When he was young his mother passed from a strange sickness no one could understand. His father and sister died in the following years when The Republic was not willing to fight the raiders that entered his house. He then dedicated his life to training and fighting so that he could fight for the people since The Republic would not.

Class: MERCENARY

Attributes: 9 Str/ 5 Sta/ 3 Dex/ 8 Agi

Skills: Slam - Bull-Headed

Equipment: Black armor that Bruce forged himself after he had trained for some years.

Weapon: Broadsword and Throwing knives

Also I am willing to change a few things if need be please gimme feedback.

Edited by Bruce Wayne

Weapons... ?

But apart from that, I guess he's accepted. Caril looks like it'll be a decent place to enter. AND MAYBE ACTUALLY GET SOME ACTIVITY ON THAT ROUTE. HINT. FUCKING. HINT.

BLATANT COPY/PASTE

Name: Marsali the Left-Handed

Sex: Female

RPer: Kay

Appearance: Short not-quite-strawberry blonde hair, tall for a woman. Wears a battered, dirty green cloak.

Personality: Confrontational, rebellious toward those she feels don't deserve their authority, overly loyal to those she thinks more highly of. Has a very black-and-white sense of morality.

Backstory: Marsali worked solely toward learning the art of war for most of her childhood. She joined the army as soon as she was old enough, seeing it as an escape from the dreary life of a commoner. Once she began proper training, it became clear that she was nowhere near as strong or skilled as she had thought herself to be. Seeing this as a challenge to test herself against, she continued to hone her skills with more dedication than was expected.

Class: Warrior

Attributes: STA 7, AGI 7, STR 7, DEX 4

Skills: Support

Equipment:

Broadsword

Hatchet

Mace

Kite shield (upgraded)

Chainmail w/surcoat (upgraded)

Edited by San

Weapons... ?

But apart from that, I guess he's accepted. Caril looks like it'll be a decent place to enter. AND MAYBE ACTUALLY GET SOME ACTIVITY ON THAT ROUTE. HINT. FUCKING. HINT.

haha well i edited weapons in and anything else youd like changed or commented about???

:D OH MY GOD SOME ONE GOT MY REFERENCES!!!!! haha sorry man i was just taking some ideas like black armor and well the name haha and if ya wanna get technical the throwing knives are like batarangs :P but dont worry about the whole medieval batman thing bruce is own somewhat ripped off man

• 2 weeks later...

drinking makes this seem like a good idea at the mo', regrets can come later

Name: my name is FELIX

Sex: i am a BOY

Nationality: i am from BERNICIA

RPer: hi

Appearance: Unassuming man, brown hair and brown eyes. Not particularly well-kept, for rather obvious reasons.

Personality: Quiet fellow, prefers to go unnoticed. He tends to get worked up pretty easily if things are going poorly.

Backstory: Guy from fuckin' nowhere who decided to go about leaving home and earning a living, fell in with a poor crowd, regrets it, turned into a sellsword.

Class: Archer

Level: its 1 lol

Attributes: 9 STR, 5 STA, 9 DEX, 2 AGI

Skills: Fuckin' Offensive bruh

Equipment: no fewer than fifteen assorted small charms to various deities. Dude needs all the help he can get in a world like this.

You called?

Name: Caderyn Lloyd

Sex: F

Nationality: Bernician? Maybe? I have no idea where she actually initially came from but it makes the most sense.

RPer: the illustrious kdanger

Appearance: [spoiler=image]caderyn_lloyd_by_kdanger13-d5eyuey.png

Personality: It's unclear what Caderyn's interests are apart from killing the shit out of things that make her mad. Well, she seems to like explosions.

Backstory: Also unclear. Caderyn claims to have fought for every army in current existence, plus a few extras, even when it would not have been possible for her to do so. She definitely has been all over the place and she definitely has seen fighting. She spent some time doing all manner of odd jobs before switching to simply hunting and foraging for food, to dubious amounts of success.

Class: Hellion

Level: 3

Attributes: 8 Str/8 Sta/3 Dex/8 Agi

Skills: Slam, Headbutt, Splash Bomb, Uncanny Dodge

Equipment: the friggin' stick (2H crushing, 7 mt, 4 hit, 1 parry rating)

look upon my works ye mighty and despair

Edited by kdanger

Ok, two sign ups here and such.

Name: Airik Tomboni

RPer: roy

Appearance: He’s about 6’ 2” with shaggy brown hair and brown eyes. His simple green shirt and brown pants are old and worn, contrasting with rather new boots, armor, and leather gauntlets. They were, uh… probably recently acquired. He also has a belt with several large pouches attached and a shoulder bag filled with some bandages and herbs.

Personality: Arrogant, stubborn, and very protective of his little sister. He’ll bandage you up, certainly, but you’ll owe him for it later. The guy can be pretty friendly when not bashing heads though. Tends to worry a lot.

Backstory: Living on the border of Tascara was rough, especially when the wars started with Othidia. Airik and Susan’s father was a local doctor, with their herbalist mother contributing to the family business. But all that changed when the fire nation Othidia attacked. Both of his parents resisted and were killed, leaving him to flee with his sister. That was five years ago now and about the time Airik decided that life really sucked.

Luckily for Airik, however, he had been apprenticed to his father a few years and picked up the basics of the trade. The two have been surviving by traveling around the areas worst off and offering medical care to deserters and refugees, for a price. Better poor than dead, right? Lately he’s been experimenting with some flammable materials. While they don’t make good poultices, they make decent explosives.

Class: Apothecary

Attributes: Str:6 Sta:9 Dex:6 Agi:4

Skills: Poultice, Weak Firebomb

Equipment: Flail (crushing), Light armor

Name: Susan Tomboni

RPer: roy

Appearance: About 5’9” with brown hair and eyes like her brother. Her hair is braided to keep it out of the way. She wears a knee length blue dress, leggings, leather bracers, and boots. A strap across her back and shoulder is rigged to hold her crossbow and quiver of bolts along with a pouch with some poultices and such.

Personality: Rather determined. She’s gonna get whatever it is done, and she’s gonna get it done right. She’s also very frightened of losing people she cares about (her brother). Her overbearing confidence is as much to convince herself of her ability as it is to convince others.

Backstory: After the rather forceful eviction from their home, Susan searched from some way to protect her and her brother. Not strong or skilled enough to use large weaponry at the time, she settled upon a simple crossbow. Load, aim, and release. Simple, right? While her brother patches people up, she watches from a distance to make sure things go smoothly. You’d be surprised how many people decide to kill the guy that’s helping them. Aside from mad skill with a crossbow, she also learned the basics of medicine from her brother.

Class: Apothecary

Attributes: Str:0 Sta:7 Dex:10 Agi:8

Skills: Poultice, Antidote

Equipment: Crossbow, light armor

Edited by roymbrog

I know this sucks, I've been awake for over a day, I'm tired, and there's an edit button. Tell me what you want changed and I'll change it.

Name: Grace

Nationality: Camenican

RPer: Strunk

Appearance: During battle, she wears armor over every part of her body except the lower portion of her face. When she's not in the middle of cutting someone apart, she wears more common clothing, although it doesn't stand out much. Has many scars, short grey hair, and blue eyes.

Personality: She seems cold and distant to most, but if you get to know her better, you'll see she's actually homicidal, disturbing, and almost completely insane. She enjoys killing. A lot. In battle, the last thing her enemies see are her teeth, bared in a horrible grin. She tends to spend her time alone, but she doesn't mind other people. It's just that she tends to kill anybody that wants to get close to her.

[spoiler=Backstory]

When she was younger, her family lived in Camenica, around a decade past. She lived in what many would call "paradise", but she found no happiness there. One day, a fight broke out near her location. She stood nearby, watching the fight, hoping to see some bloodshed, but the two men fighting barely noticed she was there. One of the men swung his sword too wildly, and it cut into her face. It was the first time she'd ever been wounded badly enough to draw blood, at least by another human. The other man quickly finished off the man that had injured her, and turned to flee before anybody else arrived on the scene. She picked the blade from the dead man's hand and severed the other man's body in two.

This was the first time she killed, but it was not the last, by far. Over time, she managed to take out quite a few people, some deserving, most not. Eventually, she decided to take her skills somewhere they would be appreciated. She joined the Camenican army for a while, but the unit she was with barely ever got into battles, and they wouldn't allow her to go somewhere more interesting. She butchered many of her "allies" in their sleep, and killed more when they awoke and fought back. In the end, over half of their group were dead, and she was badly injured, herself, but she still managed to escape.

Time passed, months. She traveled across the continent, killing whenever she felt like doing so, not caring who died. Eventually, she stumbled upon the remnant of a group of mercenaries hired to take out a few fugitives. She got some information out of them, (she didn't want it, they just wouldn't stop talking) and learned about a group going into battle against countless enemies, most likely to end up dead. She decided to find this group, use it to kill as many people as possible, and possibly, take it out as well. She tracked the group to an army camp, and prepared for the slaughter ahead.

Class: Mercenary

Level: 1, unless something higher seems appropriate.

Attributes: 10/8/7/0

Skills: Slam and Bull-Headed

Equipment: Giant, two handed axe, completely red except for the axehead, which is pure black. Heavy armor, in the Camenican style. No shields or long-ranged weapons of any kind. Her helmet has the Camenica Crest imbedded into it's forehead. Has absolutely no money, and as such lives in the wild and eats what she kills.

Edited by Strunk

...why would she wear armor outside of actual battle?

homicidal, disturbing, and almost completely insane.

She just doesn't care about stuff like that. Not when taking her armor off could get in the way of killing people. Besides, she's sort of always in battle. Or at least wants to be.

not even crazy people lol

do you know what a full suit of plate armor is like sir

you would die if you wore that all day within two weeks

I understand that. Edited. I didn't even remember putting in the part about her always wearing armor (and I don't think I intended it in the first place, not sleeping is really good for the mind) so I don't mind getting rid of the idea. Also, I know next to nothing about this stuff, other than what I've picked up from some games, so there are bound to be a few things that don't make sense. I'd appreciate it if you could point out anything else that sounds stupid. Besides the whole thing.