Super Ragefest IV: Trolls And Tribulations

MarkyJoe1990

Ragefest IV: Trolls & Tribulations

Work Flow

The goal is to make a single-chapter hack in either Fire Emblem 6, 7, 8, or FEXP.

After your hack is created, send it to MarkyJoe1990. He will then do a blind play through of your hack with commentary.

After MarkyJoe1990 has played through all of the hacks, he will create a video where the audience will vote on the hacks based on how rage inducing, funny, and creative the submissions were.

After the voting ends, rankings will be decided based on the votes, and the contest ends.

Deadlines

Deadlines will be handled very differently this time around.

There will be no "definite" deadline. Instead, each contestant will have one month to make progress on their hack. By the end of each month, the contestant must show that they've made significant progress on their submission. If they do, their personal deadline will be extended to another month, which can be extended one more time given that they show significant progress again. When at least 5 submissions have made it into the contest, MarkyJoe1990 will begin recording submissions. While he is recording each submissions, additional submissions will be accepted if they are submitted before MarkyJoe1990 finishes recording the other submissions.

You will not be given an extension unless you have made significant progress. Remember this.

Rules

- Custom events are required for your chapter.

- Designing your chapter to require excessive luck is not allowed.

- Arenas are banned.

- Fog of War with vision distance less than 3 requires an easy and early to obtain torch or unit with vision distance bonus (Thief vision).

- Fire Emblem 5 styled Fog of War with vision distance less than 5 requires an easy and early to obtain torch or unit with vision distance bonus (Thief vision).

- You must be able to beat your hack with 3 save states or less.

Guidelines

- Do not pad the length your submission. Ideally, trolling MarkyJoe1990 should be done swiftly and painfully. A short, but compact chapter will likely have greater impact. Unless you can make your chapter feel grand and epic instead of morbidly obese, do not attempt to make your chapter large and long.

- Do not reference other Ragefest submissions. This will never make me laugh. The only exception I found was when Ephraim225 referenced Nintelord Saga in his Ragefest 2 submission, and Nintenlord Saga isn't even a ragefest submission itself. You are not going to win over any voters for this.

- Memes are hatred. Unless the entire point of your submission is to piss me off by abusing memes (Which would actually be an interesting idea), avoid using memes. PLEASE. Dear god.

Awards

In the voting part of the contest, voters will decide which submissions earned which of the following awards.

Douchebag Award - Most sadistic hack. This should be given to hacks that successfully extracted frequent, powerful negative reactions from MarkyJoe1990. A perfect example is FELover's "Marc's Special Day".

Jester Award - Funniest hack. Great example would be Cedar Nyx's "Matthew's Nightmare".

Artist Award - Best map design. Maps that are intricate and detailed should be given this. Great example would be Klokinator's "Generic War".

Imaginative Award - Most creative hack. This goes to hacks that are extremely inventive in how they challenge/torture the player. A good example is Ephraim225's "Bullet Hell Madness", or Blazer's "Prisoner of Darkness".

Ragefest Award - Your personal favorite submission.

Resources

If you wish to join Ragefest, but don't know how to Fire Emblem Hack, here are some links to various tutorials and tools to guide you in the right direction.

Essential Tools

Nightmare and the Fire Emblem GBA Nightmare Modules

Nintenlord's Event Assembler

Tiled and Nintenlord's Tiled Map Inserter w/ Tilesets

Obviam's FEditor Adv

HxD Hex Editor

GBA Graphics Editor

Tutorials

Blazer's Ultimate Tutorial

Klokinator's FEXP Tutorial

MarkyJoe1990's Tiled Tutorial

Blazer's FEditor Adv Tutorial

Other Resources

Zahlman's Song Editor and...

MarioBros' FE7 Native Instrument Map

NOTE: Consider MarkyJoe1990's GBA Compatible Music Compositions or Agro's GBA Compatible DS Fire Emblem Music Ports if you use these.

If you need help on something not listed here, try looking around Serenes Forest and FEShrine.

If you feel I should list other tools, tutorials and resources here, feel free to let me know.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Bladehero22, reporting in. My blade is sharpened, and I am ready... TO TROLL YOU.

HA HA HA HA HA

well your internetevil laugh could use some work and that "to troll you" was to expected you need to work on sounding awesome over the internet

also ill be sure to follow this

Bladehero22, reporting in. My blade is sharpened, and I am ready... TO TROLL YOU.

HA HA HA HA HA

It'd be funnier if you said "HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE! HEE!"

That was a joke. Don't actually do that.

Ah, Marc. One more thing. Don't expect my submission to come in til' late. I have a SHIT TON of homework which fills in the time I have to work on my submission. But I promise you that I WILL get something submitted.

I have a question. When you say "show significant progress", what kind of evidence would be best? Snippets of event codes, screenshots, a draft patch?

I've thought about this, and it's occurred to me that I should have other people confirm that there is progress for me. Any way is fine, so long as people can confirm to me that you are working on your submission.

It's been awfully silent in this thread. Are people just not interested in Ragefest anymore?

*random cricket noises* lol

If it's been silent, then I have no clue. I was planning on posting something regarding my hack's progress, but... I just haven't gotten around to it.

because this is a shriveled up idea that has grown old over the last three contests and you should think of something new!

who knows maybe people are just too busy

Marc needs to think of something new? Well, I do have ONE thing on my mind...

Marc needs to think of something new? Well, I do have ONE thing on my mind...

Go make a competing contest. That way, capitalism will force Marc to innovate and make a superior product. Free market, bitches.

the hackers are likely busy and without hackers posting updates there is nothing to discuss also marky joe as you said the hackers need to show progress monthly and since you usually play them blind are you going to have someone who the hackers will show stuff to or will they need to find people to vouch for them

lol arch

Edited by Cyron

Go make a competing contest. That way, capitalism will force Marc to innovate and make a superior product. Free market, bitches.

LOL, Arch.

But no. Regarding an idea I gave him earlier about contestants make a hack and submit it...

What was on my mind is that someone else records the submissions.

Like me, or Trent.

Like me, or Trent.

pft, fuck that, I ain't playin' no lame rage hacks, and who wants to watch you try to get your audio levels right? :P you can't even make videos you're too scared of the government to pirate camtasia lolololol

LOL, Arch.

But no. Regarding an idea I gave him earlier about contestants make a hack and submit it...

What was on my mind is that someone else records the submissions.

Like me, or Trent.

so ragefest without marky joe?