Griffon Knights

Strunk

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Griffon Knights will get their own promotion tree down the line?

2. 2. Do you think it would be better for Griffon Knights to get their own promotion tree?

yeah I also hope griffon riders return,but they clearly need to be changed.

swords and bows are weapons not primarly used by any flying unit(i just can't imagine the griffon knights using magic),so they should focus on one of them.

Another possibility would be to change the main weapon of the wyvern back to lances,while changing the main weapon of the pegasus riders to swords,but I think that would be even weirder than simply changing the main weapon of the griffon ryders

After all the griffon riders appear in only one game and even there they are only an alternate promotion for one unit,so changing it wouldn't be such a big deal

Edited by BlueLore

+2, rather. But critically, it's not locked to the actual class.

Really? I thought it was just +1, huh.

swords and bows are weapons not primarly used by any flying unit(i just can't imagine the griffon knights using magic),so they should focus on one of them.

Bows yes, but Swords were very commonly used by fliers.

Really? I thought it was just +1, huh.

Wouldn't be a big deal if it was just +1, especially since Thieves can already get Movement +1, a skill that gives that effect all the time.

Bows yes, but Swords were very commonly used by fliers.

but no flying class really specialized in them

Pegasus knights use primarily lances and wyvern knights either lances or axes.

especially if the use of tomes or staffs sticks to the pegasus promotion,in which case they wouldn't use swords like in older games,which would leave the wyvern promotion as the only potential flying sword user(and I can imagine that the wyvern lord will keep axe/lance as weapons,unless there are split promotion trees in the next game too or he gets access to all three)

Edited by BlueLore

They're not really a class. They're characters.

They have classes; Queen / Princess Crimea and King Daein.

Also, all fliers in FE4 had equal sword and lance ranks. They tended to use lances, but they technically specialized in swords just as much.

Edited by Othin

Griffons start with swords and upon promotions can either be sword+axe or sword+bow.

Well, I actually like the idea of Griffon Knights starting out with Swords in potentially later games, and Sword+Axe isn't a bad option, either. But Sword+Bow? You're asking for too much. Unless that class gets Iote's Shield or Bow Slayer (or something similar) as a skill, I really doubt a flying unit specializing in Bows would work, seeing as all flying classes are crippled with one shot of an arrow. Besides, having a bow on a flying unit is a bit too much of a hazard. How could they get their aiming right when their flying companion's WINGS are in the way? They could just as easily shoot their pegasi/dragon/griffon's wings on accident and plummet to their deaths.

Besides, having a bow on a flying unit is a bit too much of a hazard. How could they get their aiming right when their flying companion's WINGS are in the way? They could just as easily shoot their pegasi/dragon/griffon's wings on accident and plummet to their deaths.

Not only are you overthinking this, but there are a few things wrong with what you're saying. For starters, it would be just as impractical to swing a sword or axe or thrust a lance as it would be to use a bow if the wings of the pegasus, dragon, or griffon were constantly in the way. Secondly, Sacred Stones establishes that pegasi use their wings primarily for gliding, and instead fly by kicking the air. I imagine dragons and griffons would employ a similar mode of flight considering how difficult it would be for someone to ride on a creature that is constantly flapping its wings.

Well, I actually like the idea of Griffon Knights starting out with Swords in potentially later games, and Sword+Axe isn't a bad option, either. But Sword+Bow? You're asking for too much. Unless that class gets Iote's Shield or Bow Slayer (or something similar) as a skill, I really doubt a flying unit specializing in Bows would work, seeing as all flying classes are crippled with one shot of an arrow. Besides, having a bow on a flying unit is a bit too much of a hazard. How could they get their aiming right when their flying companion's WINGS are in the way? They could just as easily shoot their pegasi/dragon/griffon's wings on accident and plummet to their deaths.

Same goes with dark peggis and wind magic. And those guys also have lightning speed.

Also, I find it funny that you are complaining about that in a game where 16 year old girls can lug around swords twice their height with ease.

I had the exact same idea. I think Pegasi Sword, Wyvern Spear and Griffon Axe would be the smartest way to develop it. Pegasi are the only fliers that have really used swords even if it wasn't their primary weapon and even if Wyvern's have been specializing more with axes in recent games they still use lances quite heavily and have been dual wielding both for a long time. To take away axes from Griffons, the one weapon currently associated with them would seem weirder than having Pegasi specialize in swords. I also thought of Griffon's getting Axe + Bows as a promotion item and have implemented it into my ever growing branching class tree that some of you might have seen. In fact I came here trying to get a few ideas for the Mastery Skill of an Axe Bow Griffon unit.

I had the exact same idea. I think Pegasi Sword, Wyvern Spear and Griffon Axe would be the smartest way to develop it. Pegasi are the only fliers that have really used swords even if it wasn't their primary weapon and even if Wyvern's have been specializing more with axes in recent games they still use lances quite heavily and have been dual wielding both for a long time. To take away axes from Griffons, the one weapon currently associated with them would seem weirder than having Pegasi specialize in swords. I also thought of Griffon's getting Axe + Bows as a promotion item and have implemented it into my ever growing branching class tree that some of you might have seen. In fact I came here trying to get a few ideas for the Mastery Skill of an Axe Bow Griffon unit.

They showed up for one game as one class, changing them to swords isn't a drastic change. Not to mention the only reason they had axes was because the were a promotion of dragons, who used axes.