Griffon Knights

Strunk

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Griffon Knights will get their own promotion tree down the line?

2. 2. Do you think it would be better for Griffon Knights to get their own promotion tree?

Remember how Pegasus Knights used to promote into Wyvern Riders, and then later on, the Pegasus riding classes and the Wyvern riding classes were separated into two different promotion trees? Something similar also happened with Myrmidons and Mercenaries. What are your thoughts on Griffon Knights getting their own promotion tree down the line, mostly unrelated to either of the other two flying classes? Do you think it'll happen? Would you be happy if it did?

I was kind of hoping Griffon Knights would main swords, completing the Axe/Lance/Sword triangle for fliers.

I'd like to see IS do more with them, because I think they look cool. Maybe get in their own promotion tree somewhere down the line.

In FE13, they really don't do much to grab their own niche, but I still think it's better for them to try to keep working with that than make them just another flying class, resulting in way too many.

They already have a movement boosting ability (Carrier) so that's a niche on its own

It's a temporary niche, but as it stands, at high levels, you can hold onto the skill in other classes. They're a transitional class, not a lasting one. They have plenty of use, especially ingame when you stick with those transitional classes for most of the game, but it still seems like less than they're capable of.

I was kind of hoping Griffon Knights would main swords, completing the Axe/Lance/Sword triangle for fliers.

I'd like to see IS do more with them, because I think they look cool. Maybe get in their own promotion tree somewhere down the line.

me too

I want to have at least one flier of each class ^^.

idk who i'll turn into a Griffon Knight, Serge's son looks like he fits the look.

Edited by Maiden_of_Emblem

Griffon Knights could be the balanced flying class, with Pegasus Knights being the speedy and fragile class and Dracoknights being the slow but tanky class.

As for how unnecessary they are, you could say the same for Heroes/Swordmasters - the only difference between them being a marginal difference in stats and the ability to wield axes.

Well, Dark Pegasi can use Wind tomes, which other fliers are also weak against in this game.

Which is also one of the reasons everyone loves dark peggis. I never said it was a bad thing, just that it would be powerful.

Maybe Pegasi use lances as heir main, Dragons use axes, and griffs us swords. Then they eac get something else at each of the possible promotions.

Griffin Knights have a hard enough time being distinctive in FE13 as one of just four possible promoted flier classes. With that in mind, making them an entirely separate branch just seems unwise.

If they put them in a game where they don't have split promotions and go back to just normal tiers, I could see them as having swords and tomes, and removing Dark Pegasi. It would make them a nice counterpart to Mage Knights or something.

Well, if it's single-promotes only, I could see the Weak, but Fast Pegasus (Lance -> Lance and Sword), the all-rounder Gryphons (Lance -> Lance and Anima Magic) and Strong, but Slow Wyverns (Lance -> Lance and Axe). It would have to be a pretty big game to fit them, though.

Edited by S.C. Amigo

Something seems off to me about the idea of taking a class that's only ever shown up as mono-axe and giving it random weapon sets that don't include axes at all.

Yeah. Carrier, it gives you +1 MOV when you have a supporting Double partner.

+2, rather. But critically, it's not locked to the actual class.

Dracos started being from Pegasi and with lances, not to mention GBA and SNES games where they used lances, but then 9 and 10 and now 13 have suddenly shoved them into Axes.

It's not as much of a leap, though. Promoted Dracos still have lances, and they had axes as a secondary weapon before as a primary weapon - and after, in 11 and 12.

It's not as much of a leap, though. Promoted Dracos still have lances, and they had axes as a secondary weapon before as a primary weapon - and after, in 11 and 12.

This is the part of the argument where I find people are starting to draw lines in very specific places just so it fits their argument better.

I, personally, think double promotions are a good Idea. It could be something like this:

Pegasi start with lances, and upon promotions can either be lance+sword or lance+staves.

Dragons start with axes, and upon promotions can either be axe+lance or axe+anima.

Griffons start with swords and upon promotions can either be sword+axe or sword+bow.