So, I'm giving up Caffiene.

Elieson

Even water can poison and kill you if you drink too much of it. Too much of anything is bad for you :P.

"Large quantities" for me is in a cup of regular coffee. My threshold is probably less.

i just read today that Caffienated coffee (3 cups/day) promoted vision loss.

:O

I don't think that might be completely true... Over what time period? Also, most people drink one, at most two cups, of coffee a day.

"Large quantities" for me is in a cup of regular coffee. My threshold is probably less.

^this. Even a cup of coffee makes me wanna go to the bathroom. ugh.

Tea is different though... :3

I've never really been a drinker of coffee (18 and I've had 2 cups my whole life), but I quit soda in substitution for primarily water (95% of the time I'll drink water, and juice sometimes), and it's been great. The first two weeks were a little difficult, but after that, it was incredibly easy. I gave it up in May.

I'm hoping I can stay away from coffee despite the long study hours I'll have to endure soon...

Edited by Phoenix Wright

I've never really been a drinker of coffee (18 and I've had 2 cups my whole life), but I quit soda in substitution for primarily water (95% of the time I'll drink water, and juice sometimes), and it's been great. The first two weeks were a little difficult, but after that, it was incredibly easy. I gave it up in May.

I'm hoping I can stay away from coffee despite the long study hours I'll have to endure soon...

Learn to pace yourself, eat/drink water regularly, and get enough sleep. It's possible!

i just read today that Caffienated coffee (3 cups/day) promoted vision loss.

:O

Look at the study. These are the cliffnotes:

- Polled 120,000 people who did not have vision loss, and asked how much coffee they drank (they don't even tell us how much, what's in it or what kind of coffee. It might not even be the caffeine causing it, if anything is at all)

- Claimed that people who drank at least 3 cups per day had a greater risk of vision loss than those who drank 2 and under

- ..Claimed that those with a family history of glaucoma were at the highest risk of getting it (really???)

- Suggested decaf (lol?) or reducing intake.

That last one really says all that needs to be said. They also go on to say that cola, tea and chocolate do not have increased risk for vision loss, but they're all caffeinated! So what did their study prove really, if other caffeinated beverages and snacks do not increase risk? There are far too little details, I can't even tell what the study was for. Cola can contribute to diabetes, the #1 cause of glaucoma. Coffee reduces the risk of diabetes. It wasn't a real study. It is pretty poorly backed up, and I'm surprised it got published in the form that it did.

Edited by Tangerine