[From hack to indie] Path of the Midnight Sun

Alfred Kamon

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I just finished version 1.2, and I gotta say the hack is amazing. The story, custom animations, and for me the most impressive thing was your objective/map design, very clever and innovative.

Now, for support conversations, are you planning to write original ones up and implement them into the game? The reason I ask is because when I get Djambo supports with that Brigand (his name escapes me at the moment), the conversations are exactly the same as Ross's and Garcia's supports (sans Garcia calling Princess Erika Princess Fa. He even calls Djambo, Ross).

Also regarding Helios :

I knew something was up with him when I noticed he can't support and he seemed too OP for character with normal XP growth. I had a feeling I shouldn't rely on him too much (too bad he still got to like level 14 :/, quite the XP hog :P) , but man I didn't expect him to be the Big Bad of all people!

Edited by farispie

Also regarding Helios :

I knew something was up with him when I noticed he can't support and he seemed too OP for character with normal XP growth. I had a feeling I shouldn't rely on him too much (too bad he still got to like level 14 :/, quite the XP hog :P) , but man I didn't expect him to be the Big Bad of all people!

I learned when it comes to hacks, NEVER TRUST A JEIGAN/PREPROMOTE. They will most likely be an Orson.

Hey Thanks really to this amazing game!!!

I like so much playing it i ve been searching for other fire emblem games to gba when i see in youtube the trailer of this game and i downloaded and play in android i manage to patch the rom and read the readme.txt, when i play the game i find bugs but that bugs are in the readme <3

I had much fun playing! I accustome to the sprites somehow, I like them all.

I dont like when hellios evade the attack but doesnt show he moving (completely)

I reach the last chapter when you chooses to go with faratrass or shiori but when i start to play... A lady stops me and GameOver! xD

What is the latest release to play?

I ve been reading this forum to the pag 1 at 6

Im exciting to play! Fire emblem midnight sun have much time released yet..

Im a new user today this is my first time posting but this is because i love this game too much.

I want play more <3

When you will put a new update to play?

Thanks for you amazing job to this game <'3

I learned when it comes to hacks, NEVER TRUST A JEIGAN/PREPROMOTE. They will most likely be an Orson.

It's weird because his base character is reiv not orson.

Also if you use a save state with seth on the map you can find a female (and cute) Hellios. (at least I hope thats a women) possible character?

Also if you use a save state with seth on the map you can find a female (and cute) Hellios. (at least I hope thats a women) possible character?

...Come to think of it, in a just-prior-to-public-release version of Midnight Sun, before Alfred blocked off access to Port Kirin, trying to enter there would cause a rather interesting unit to spawn in your party...

MS%20Hellos%20Easter%20Egg_zpsihqkwuam.p

...Yep, that's the same portrait all right.

(Why the Brot are spoiler tags not working for this?!?)

Edited by Wayward Winds

MS%20Hellos%20Easter%20Egg_zpsihqkwuam.p

That's probably a placeholder mug, since the stats are different from the original Hellios stats and Seth's stats.

Probably. That isn't the Port Kiris version though; that's what happens when you transfer a save from FE8. The Port Kiris version joins at lv. 10, 38 max HP, and has a Silver Lance and two tonics in his inventory. I haven't got a picture of his stat page, so I can't say any more. Strange how one character slot seems to have two portraits attached to it though.

...I was going to sneak him into my next batch of stat screenshots for whenever the next patch comes out and see who noticed, but that idea's toast now.

Edited by Wayward Winds

I meant he's an Orson archetype. A powerful unit early on that leaves due to story reasons, usually betrayal. Suspects include Sigfried from TLP, Anthony from DoTF,

Beige from Sun God's Wrath,

and Hellios.

I meant he's an Orson archetype. A powerful unit early on that leaves due to story reasons, usually betrayal. Suspects include Sigfried from TLP, Anthony from DoTF,

Beige from Sun God's Wrath,

and Hellios.

I played both of those hacks and I must say I never used Anthony or Sigfried. Anthony because I never use knights and Sigfried because of those stats.

I think help with the spanish translation of the game

Want my help? My knowleadge of english is very good but im really from for the spanish community.

I can help with the translation if you want i have a lot of time right now.

----- si quieren mi ayuda estare agradecido de poder ayudar al menos con eso, es lo menos que puedo hacer por ustedes <3

-----

I really want help, i love much this game. For that i will keep on eye on this project.

Day after day i will check the forum for see the progress and i wil help with the discussions...

SI lo deseas, yo tambien puedo ayudarte a traducir el juego (al menos los 10 capitulos que posee hasta ahora)

If you want, I can help you translate the game (at least the first ten chapters, this should be a good start)

Edited by ronlyn

I've been playing this hack for a bit now, and I've got to say that I am really impressed by it! The spritework is amazing in a very unique way (and please don't take the following as a criticism, it's actually a strength) thanks to the fact that not all the playable characters are 'conventionally' pretty or beautiful, the multiple ways the story can go is interesting and promotes different playstyles, the music is fantastic (I was pleasantly surprised to hear Dark Cloud 2/Dark Chronicle music being used in some scenes; I love that game with a passion~), and so much more. If I have one minor complaint so far, it is that Puledra starts as an Exorcist instead of a normal Priest; healing with him feels so much slower with experience-gain than it did with Moulder, for instance.

Otherwise, wonderful! I cannot wait to see more.

Thanks for this hack. Just started playing it, up to 6 so far and it blows every other hack out of the water in terms of story, writing, characters and map design.

Thanks for playing it! I'm glad you're liking Midnight Sun so far. ^^

Let me know what you think about the other chapters!

I think help with the spanish translation of the game

Want my help? My knowleadge of english is very good but im really from for the spanish community.

I can help with the translation if you want i have a lot of time right now.

----- si quieren mi ayuda estare agradecido de poder ayudar al menos con eso, es lo menos que puedo hacer por ustedes <3

-----

I really want help, i love much this game. For that i will keep on eye on this project.

Day after day i will check the forum for see the progress and i wil help with the discussions...

SI lo deseas, yo tambien puedo ayudarte a traducir el juego (al menos los 10 capitulos que posee hasta ahora)

If you want, I can help you translate the game (at least the first ten chapters, this should be a good start)

Thank you guys. At the moment I'm not interested in translations, but I sure know who I'll need to search in the future, then.

I've been playing this hack for a bit now, and I've got to say that I am really impressed by it! The spritework is amazing in a very unique way (and please don't take the following as a criticism, it's actually a strength) thanks to the fact that not all the playable characters are 'conventionally' pretty or beautiful, the multiple ways the story can go is interesting and promotes different playstyles, the music is fantastic (I was pleasantly surprised to hear Dark Cloud 2/Dark Chronicle music being used in some scenes; I love that game with a passion~), and so much more. If I have one minor complaint so far, it is that Puledra starts as an Exorcist instead of a normal Priest; healing with him feels so much slower with experience-gain than it did with Moulder, for instance.

Otherwise, wonderful! I cannot wait to see more.

Thanks man! :)

Puledra isn't meant to level up much, and you can also take advantage of the Exorcist's Slayer skill against monsters, which is really useful. Moreover, Puledra has some amazing growths! So if you spend some time on him in middle-lategame, he'll be quite good.

Pic of the day:

destroy1.png

Gameplay of 10B is officially done.

I'll work on Faratrass' route after this.

I think I'll release v.1.8 in October with chapters up to 11A/11B. Otherwise you'll have to wait for 2016 for v.2.0...

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Hmm. Wonder who that General is (assuming the knight is Valpurga). And we've got a new mage as well!

It's Brendan, Valpurga's bodyguard. He starts as a bow Knight, and I've just promoted him into a Cannon General.

That new mage is Diana!

diana.png
Edited by Alfred Kamon

[Quietly sneaks Brendan into fanfic]

"That's not a hangover. I saw enough of them when Valpurga was just starting out drinking to know what one looks like."

(Told you Valpurga was going to be useful!)

Edited by Wayward Winds

Wow, that female mage looks like she invalidates Andre in like every way.

Oh sh*t m8, we got Hectors!

I think it's just promoted Cristoph. I know AK showed off the War Monk sprites, which were basically just Hector's, and said that Cristoph could promote into one.

inb4 it's Valpurga's MANLY dad or something

I think it's just promoted Cristoph. I know AK showed off the War Monk sprites, which were basically just Hector's, and said that Cristoph could promote into one.

inb4 it's Valpurga's MANLY dad or something

I was just referring to the icon. But that sounds very interesting!

*checks wiki*

not an original class? dammit!