[FE8] Long Hike Draft

Might Gaine

Drafting:

1. This draft is for 4 players.

2. Eirika/Ephraim, Garcia, and Tethys are free characters for everyone to use.

3. ALL mounted units are banned from use.

4. The game will be played on Hard Mode.

Rules:

1. Undrafted units may rescue undrafted units and NPCs, trade, visit Shops and Armories and dig up items in the desert.

2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, opening Doors or Chests, and recruiting units (unless forced).

3. Map shopping is allowed.

4. Skirmishes/use of the Tower or Ruins is disallowed. Skirmishes that are blocking your path may be activated and immediately fled from.

5. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.

6. The Lord unit(s) can not be promoted.

Penalties:

1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter.

2. Mounted units have a 5 turn penalty whenever they do ANYTHING, be it recruiting, meatshielding,

Exceptions:

1. If forced to use an undrafted character in order to recruit a drafted character, then no penalty. This includes mounted units.

2. Great Knights (Duessel, Amelia, Gilliam) are permitted, but only because they have 6 move, the same as a lot of other promoted classes.

3. For Ephraim's debut chapter alone, the mounted units are permitted to meatshield. However, Ephraim is the only one allowed to inflict damage or make kills.

4. The Tower is permitted for bringing Trainees to their first promotion. Sorry for not making that clear to begin with.

I will also be participating.

Teams, in order of drafting:

2. Ring Wraith (Lute, Natasha, Duessel, Myrrh, and Knoll) FULL TEAM

4. MancerNecro (Artur, Joshua, Neimi, Ewan, Marisa) FULL TEAM

1. Might Gaine (Gilliam, Moulder, Amelia, Innes, Dozla) COMPLETE (final turncount: 358, including penalties)

3. Kon (Gerik, Ross, Saleh, Colm, Rennac) COMPLETE 260

Edited by Might Gaine

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm signing up for this. This will be my first draft ever, so someone wish my luck on this. How often must I update, and what am I expected to submit for this draft (like videos or screenshots?)

I'm signing up for this. This will be my first draft ever, so someone wish my luck on this. How often must I update, and what am I expected to submit for this draft (like videos or screenshots?)

Be sure to be online very frequently for the drafting process. After that, update at your own pace. A quick summary of what you did is generally nice, but it's really just a trust thing.

Be sure to be online very frequently for the drafting process. After that, update at your own pace. A quick summary of what you did is generally nice, but it's really just a trust thing.

Alright then. I'm up for the Draft. I'll be sure to frequently update for the drafting process. After that, I'll try to update as much as possible with screenshots of the important plot points and events. Just one question though, do I do it in this thread or by PMs?

As it is we have a perfect number, if we free Myrrh then we still have 3 units to get rid of, so: free Myrrh, ban Duessel (and all GKs, just because), free final unit, and still have another one to come up with. The problem is we have no leftovers, just the opposite. We need another unit if we free Myrrh. The normal solution to this problem is make a free unit (i.e. Myrrh) draftable, which is what he did.

Wow. Was not expecting so many replies.

Originally, Myrrh was free and Tethys was draftable. Legalizing Duessel was a result of a) he has the same move as other promoted units, like Heroes and b) it makes an even 20.

The three players other than myself are Ring Wraith, Kon, and MancerNecro. I'm sorry, Soldier, you were a bit late to the party. Maybe next time, though!

Noone will moan the loss of Amelia.

<gives Refa a pointed stare> That's my Goddess you're trash talking there, buddy.

ANYWAY, the teams are:

1. Might Gaine

2. Ring Wraith

3. Kon

4. MancerNecro

And by virtue of my handy-dandy randomizer, the picking order will be:

2. Ring Wraith

4. MancerNecro

1. Might Gaine

3. Kon

This already happened like twice, except we had *fewer* units.

Also, free Garcia is a really good idea. Consider that earlygame often consists of Eirika + usually one of Gilliam, Franz, Vanessa, Garcia (plus support) and then remember that half of those anchors are gone.