Who's the most overpowered character in fighting game?

Gold Vanguard

Your link isnt working...

Ivan Ooze in a Mighty Morphin Power Rangers fighting game, for the SNES I believe. Search it on youtube. He is really broken.

Marvel Super Heroes has Thanos and Anita. Anita has a super move that does more chip damage that actual damage. It does like 75% chip damage btw. So broken.

Metaknite. Fucking bastard took most of my stocks in the SSBB draft. That could have easily been PKL's awesome gaming's or my incopotent gaming's fault, however. I'm blaming it on Metaknite though.

Edited by Lieutenant Colonel Kalas

I'm pretty sure Cable was even better than these two.

But yeah Petshop.

true. i forgot about him and Storm. their specials did a lot of damage and they had good assists.

mvc2 had a lot of broken characters o__O but that's what made it fun xD.

Nu was never that overpowered. She was undoubtedly top tier in BBCT, but it's not like Pet Shop bad.

Oh there was that asshole in Clay Fighter that was a saw and could kill your enemy even if they blocked. Guys was overpowered as hell.

Nu was never that overpowered. She was undoubtedly top tier in BBCT, but it's not like Pet Shop bad.

Oh there was that asshole in Clay Fighter that was a saw and could kill your enemy even if they blocked. Guys was overpowered as hell.

I got my share of flak for playing her, but that's because she was the only character that felt "right".

Forgot about the final boss from Arcana Heart 2.

Are you talking about playable character-only, or even non-playable characters?

If it's playable characters, I think you can't get any worse than Super Turbo Old Sagat. I would say Akuma, but he is hard-banned, and therefore unplayable in tourney play. Old Sagat, however, IS playable, and it's just that no one plays him because they know it's a dirty fight, and you won't get any respect for playing him.

In more recent games, it's really hard to determine because of how easily they can patch games, and with each patch breaks or unbreaks a character, not to mention how hard it is to execute their moves. For example, Fei Long, Yun and Yang were completely broken in SF4 Arcade Edition, but they got nerfed since then. C. Viper might be top tier, but you don't see too much Viper play outside of complete Viper experts because of how hard she is to use. In the same sense, in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, a team that has Zero and Vergil will either murder you outright, or will die really fast to a well-formed or well-strategized team.