Fire Emblem: Exalted Legacy

Arch

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Srs lack of Marth ideas.

Marth x Caeda. LOL OBVS

Marth x Hardin. The two leaders were implied to be pretty close in FE3, Marth being very sure of him.

Marth x Catria. She had an implied crush on him, right?

Marth x Elice OBVS AGAIN. Another idea would be to give him a B/C already. She can still join with 2 chapters left and be able to get an A. You might want to have her join earlier for A's such as Merric.

Marth x Jeigan. Being his guard, he'd probably be willing to talk to him.

Marth x Merric. They were old friends.

The three sisters would obviously have supports with each other and Minerva.

An amusing idea: Minerva x Athena. The connection begins at the name and ends there, but hey! Why not?

Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

Marth x Maria

Little girl with hero worship/white night syndrome for being rescued from imprisonment.

8D

I second, third, fourth and fifth this.

Though, out of curiosity, couldn't you, or someone, kerjigger an aum staff, or would it be more difficult than it's worth?

i could definitely do it IN THEORY

making it work as a staff, though, would be, as you say

more difficult than it's worth

also kerjigger is my word

and cam hates that

oh u

I remember playing Sacred Stones, and back when I was a total nub I used to use Gameshark sometimes, so I'd put on like, 60 HP for all deployed units, and then even if they died, you could revive them ^_^

As things are looking, there probably won't be an Aum staff, meaning that one cannot obtain both Tiki and Nagi. The only point at which you'd be forced to kill a character to obtain another would be Tiki, since the entire point of Nagi is that she replaces the dead Tiki in giving you a Manakete that can confront Medeus. Those gaidens that required you to play horribly were a terrible idea. It definitely would've been smarter to make the unlock requirements either having lost enough characters or the standard "complete chapter with a low turn-count." I'm not sure whether I can tie gaiden unlocks to the number of characters dead, but this would be the route I'd prefer to take. The best of both worlds.

Yeah, I feel like there could just be something that keeps track of the number of units in the roster and checks if it's below a certain value at the end of the important chapters. Granted I have no knowledge of how asm or nightmare work, but coding from the ground up, it wouldn't be too bad.

So arch, I don't think this has been asked but do you plan on adding some of the BS characters, the more popular ones at least i.e. Malice, L( r )aiden vergil belf, Robert? maybe give them a class change for at least the Sable knights so you don't have so many cavaliers. mage and great knight

Edited by Trickster

Well, if Cam says that it would be "trivial" to do, this will definitely be my approach to the gaidens; making them into both rewards for good players and assistance for poor ones. As for the characters in them? I can't say that all of the newcomers from FE11 will be returning, and there may be a few BSFE characters that make it in. I'm definitely not gonna close the door on that possibility.

there may be a few BSFE characters that make it in. I'm definitely not gonna close the door on that possibility.

That's about as specific as I'm willing to get :P:. The Sable Knights are considered "BSFE characters."

Robert would offer a another Horseman asides wolf and sedgar, unless you change him or them. Belf and Laiden will need new classes entirely, (maybe more wyvern knights....) and malice will be female merc

dice could be another fighter if you take out bord and cord, just my take on the bs characters (and nobody needs frost)

Is it possible that the cut characters (Cord, Bord, Dolph, Macellan) could have minor cutscene appearances? E.g. in chapter 1 Cord/Bord appear in a house or village. Dolph and Macellan could be present with Boah at the end of the chapter where you retake Archanea but of course wouldn't join with Marth on his journey.

Edited by Ryan7556

So are you doing Peg Knight >Falcoknight & Wyvern Knight > Wyvern Lord or Peg Knight > Wyvern Lord?

Why would I go back to that outdated Pegasus -> Draco nonsense? :P:

Although, it'd be interesting to do like...the opposite of Shadow Dragon and hide an item that promotes Pegasus to Dracos, just for old time's sake.

Is it possible that the cut characters (Cord, Bord, Dolph, Macellan) could have minor cutscene appearances? E.g. in chapter 1 Cord/Bord appear in a house or village. Dolph and Macellan could be present with Boah at the end of the chapter where you retake Archanea but of course wouldn't join with Marth on his journey.

Also, cameos of cut characters seems kinda silly. Why make entirely new mugs, put all of that effort into it, for one cameo of a character that wasn't even important enough to make the cast in the first place?

Edited by Arch

Eh, well I was just throwing it out there anyway. I just thought it be would be nice for continuity if Bord and Cord mentioned something like they wish they could eventually be remembered as great heroes but can't leave Talys due to being woodcutters. A meta sort of call back to FE1/FE11 given that they helped Marth on his journey. But since this is your hack, I suppose this suggestion is pretty pointless.

Anyway, will you make an appearance somewhere in this hack Arch? :P:

Edited by Ryan7556

Eh, well I was just throwing it out there anyway. I just thought it be would be nice for continuity if Bord and Cord mentioned something like they wish they could eventually be remembered as great heroes but can't leave Talys due to being woodcutters. A meta sort of call back to FE1/FE11 given that they helped Marth on his journey. But since this is your hack, I suppose this suggestion is pretty pointless.

Anyway, will you make an appearance somewhere in this hack Arch? :P:

I mean, they'll of course be mentioned by Barst in dialogue, at the very least. The cut characters aren't completely dropping off of the face of the Earth, I just don't feel it's necessary to spend resources on commissioning sprites for one-cutscene cameos like that. If someone wanted to make them and did, I'd use them, of course, but I just prefer not asking for more than I absolutely need. The artists are kind enough to help me with what they do already.

The only reason I showed up in Elibian Nights was to provide a structure for the storytelling, I didn't want to be directly involved in the main plot of the tales. Self-inserts into the actual plot-line of games are shit. I hate doing it, it's just a thoroughly annoying practice.

Also, cameos of cut characters seems kinda silly. Why make entirely new mugs, put all of that effort into it, for one cameo of a character that wasn't even important enough to make the cast in the first place?

You're giving Roshea and Vyland cameo roles, so why not Cord and Bord?

Robert would offer a another Horseman asides wolf and sedgar, unless you change him or them. Belf and Laiden will need new classes entirely, (maybe more wyvern knights....) and malice will be female merc

dice could be another fighter if you take out bord and cord, just my take on the bs characters (and nobody needs frost)

The game absolutely doesn't need another Merc (of which there are five). If anything, Arch is likely to cut some of them, like Samson and Caesar...

Did you just like skip several pages? He said that he's considering putting them in again a couple pages ago. Also, he already has mugs for them anyways (as seen in the spriting board topic).

Edited by Hikarasuman

I mean, they'll of course be mentioned by Barst in dialogue, at the very least. The cut characters aren't completely dropping off of the face of the Earth, I just don't feel it's necessary to spend resources on commissioning sprites for one-cutscene cameos like that. If someone wanted to make them and did, I'd use them, of course, but I just prefer not asking for more than I absolutely need. The artists are kind enough to help me with what they do already.

The only reason I showed up in Elibian Nights was to provide a structure for the storytelling, I didn't want to be directly involved in the main plot of the tales. Self-inserts into the actual plot-line of games are shit. I hate doing it, it's just a thoroughly annoying practice.

I just meant if maybe you'll have a cameo appearance, or perhaps you would end up being the narrator of this in some form. I totally understand about the self-insert issue.

Edited by Ryan7556

First off, they aren't cameo roles, it's another "select which unit to recruit" sort of scenario with Sedgar, Roshea and Vyland. But even so, if they were just cameos, it's because Dei already made the mugs for them, ergo it's a waste of resources to not include them in a cutscene or something, whereas I'd have to go out of my way to get Bord and Cord mugs made, which I feel is unnecessary.

First off, they aren't cameo roles, it's another "select which unit to recruit" sort of scenario with Sedgar, Roshea and Vyland. But even so, if they were just cameos, it's because Dei already made the mugs for them, ergo it's a waste of resources to not include them in a cutscene or something, whereas I'd have to go out of my way to get Bord and Cord mugs made, which I feel is unnecessary.

You might want to change the first post in the thread, then, because it still says that they're cameo roles.