Shattered Honour Chapter Three

Parrhesia

Jacob eyes the dice for a moment.

"If I win, we hold off on spending the money. There may be things we'll need down the line, and having something saved up couldn't hurt."

He rolls the dice, getting a four, a three, and a six. He turns toward Jack.

"I guess you're just luckier than I am. Kind of obvious, I suppose."

[spoiler=Roll]

http://invisiblecast...r/view/3740858/

4 + 3 + 6 = 13

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marsali watches, amused by Jacob's attitude. Not like he couldn't sell whatever he bought later, or even just hold onto the money himself in case he had reason to betray them at some point. For that reason, despite not really needing anything, she snatches the dice off the table after Jacob's roll. She scowls at the dice when her roll ties, thumps a fist on the table, and sits back to see who does end up with the money.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3740942/

Tordel wasn't fussed with joining in. His equipment was still in good condition, and would probably suffice for now. However, Varon was pretty vulnerable, maybe he could win then get some armour for him. Tordel rolled the dice. After seeing his results he laughed, something he hadn't done since joining up with Chrisford.

"Well, there goes me getting Varon something a little tougher to wear."

Varon had spent most of his waking hours since dawn sitting on the edge of his bed with a notable headache. The promise of gold brought him downstairs, hopefully he could get some better armour and resupply his healing salves. When he could, he grabbed the dice.

The rolls

There went that idea. He could always request the spare change to get his supplies.

Jordan thought of what he could do with the money, and the obvious answer as either a new weapon to keep himself safe, or some supplies for the group. I'll take a chance, why not. He threw the dice, and laughed a bit.

"Alright, I think that wins me the gold. Unless anyone else wants to give the dice a try." He smirked, enjoying the sway of luck in his favor.

Jacqui returns from chatting with the innkeeper. She deduces from Jordan's insufferably smug expression that he won the roll, and sends him off into the city with some vague directions to the Weaponsmith, Armourer and Fletcher.

The rest of you have the chance to wander around the town for the time being. You could chat to Sheila, head to the Temple in the middle of town, or interrogate random bystanders.

The Temple to Usara is located in the centre of the city in the royal gardens. Usara is a goddess of modest power, holding power over egress, her sister Ysara being the goddess of entrance. Two paladins guard the entrance in platemail and chain, but recognise you as a pilgrim and step aside. The high priestess sees you enter as she's busily replacing candles, and walks over. She's a short, fat woman with a kind face, wearing yellow robes trimmed in dark blue. She seems uncommonly young, maybe in her mid-thirties.

"Greetings, pilgrim. It isn't often we find Tascaran pilgrims in such times! Yet, I am glad to see that some of you still retain your faith. Tell me, traveller, do you follow one patron god, or do you revere all equally?"

Jordan held his smug grin and took the gold, heading out of the inn. He fancied himself a new crossbow, something heftier than his own so that he wouldn't have to suffer the same fate as Lena. Or maybe some armor. Keep myself safe. Favoring some more offense, he walked himself into the fletchers.

Edited by seph1212

KELSEY THE DEADEYE

A tall, heavyset Othidian is busy testing her merchandise; in this case, a particularly vicious-looking shortbow. Apart from having black hair instead of chestnut, the resemblance to her sister is clear. She's swarthy, fairly attractive, and wears an eyepatch. When she finally notices you, she mops her brow with a cloth and walks over, grasping your hand with a firm grip. "Kelsey the Deadeye, at your service. I'm sure you can guess at where the name's from. Interested in my wares, or do you just want to chat?"

LONGBOW, 19 maxims: Longbow, 6 MT, 1 HIT.

GREATBOW, 24 maxims: Longbow, 8 MT, 0 HIT

CROSSBOW, 25 maxims: Crossbow, 2 MT, 5 HIT

CRANEQUIN, 30 maxims: Crossbow, 4 MT, 4 HIT

Edited by Furetchen

"I am of the faith of the Morning Star, but I would pay my respects," he bowed and pretended to have a silent prayer.

"Tell me, sister, would you have a place for a man of faith?"

Bilbo was practiced in the way of the bullshitter's talk, and like as not, they might let him stay here for a while.

She beams. "But of course! Our beds are all taken, but I am certain a humble man such as yourself would be content to sleep in the stables with the mules and such. Should you find yourself without shelter for the night, we will offer you shelter."

"Kelsey the Deadeye, at your service. I'm sure you can guess at where the name's from. Interested in my wares, or do you just want to chat?"

"Not a one, actually..." Jordan was spending too much time looking at her weapons to have noticed her eye. "Anyway, yes, I did come here to purchase a weapon. I'm looking for a better crossbow. Mine's army standard, it works fine, but it doesn't pack enough punch to get through the heavier armors. Gotta keep myself and my friends safe, and I can't really do that if I can't take anyone down, y'know?" He had started fiddling with one of the crossbows on the shelf as he spoke, finally turning to look at her. "Ah! Okay," he said a bit startled, "I see where the name comes from. So, uhm, yes, did you have something a bit more powerful?"

Edited by seph1212

Tordel decided to do nothing in particular, there wasn't much he wanted to find out. If he could find Chrisford, kill him, get pardoned and go home, it'd be enough for him.

Kelsey grunts as she reaches up to the top shelf. "This one here'll do you nicely. Made from good, solid Othidian ash." She grabs it and throws it towards Jordan. "Won't come cheaply, though. Thirty maxims."

"Oh no, I'd rather you not trouble yourself." Gods damn her. Just doesn't want to give me a bad. The seven Hells freezee before I sleep with mules.

"I'm looking for anything at all. I would be very grateful for anything you could offer me, if not a bed. I've lost myself in this great city of yours."

Edited by Stolypin Necktie

He quickly put what he was fiddling with on the shelf, with barely enough time to catch the crossbow she had thrown at him. He stumbled back, catching himself before he did fall over. It wasn't actually that heavy, in fact it was barely heavier than his own. But it looked a lot more impressive.

"Won't come cheaply, though. Thirty maxims."

"I've got enough for that, no problem." He handed her the bag that he had been given, as he spent time messing with the mechanism on the crossbow. "A question, you wouldn't want to buy my crossbow, now that I don't need it, would you? I don't want to just toss it, that'd be a waste of a good weapon."

"Ehhh, probably took some damage in that forest fire, worked it a bit too hard then. I'll take the ten, sure." He took the money he was offered, and what was left in the bag. "I'd better get back to my group. Thanks for the new crossbow, it looks magnificent. You seem to know your way around weapons, if you ever get bored of selling to soldiers, maybe you should take up mercenary work yourself. See ya!" And with that he stepped out of the shop, a smile on his face and a new crossbow on his back. Wonder how things are going at the pub.

Edited by seph1212

As it happened, Felix had two full maxims to spend and a head full of dashing ideas after a job gone well. He walks into the bar with the intent of spending every fraction on booze, and has planned for nothing beyond the eventuality of his painful morning awakening.

Jacqui notes the weapons and armour the newcomer is wearing, and more importantly the look of frenzied desperation in his eyes. She sidles towards him. "Out of work, friend? We've some blood to spill shortly, and could do with another good bowman like yourself."