HURRICANE SANDY

Ansem

Whoa, that sounds like a horrible pain, I hope it won't be a major hassle to recover from. Does your room happen to be downstairs/below-ground? Our basement looked as if it could flood a little for a bit, but we were lucky enough it didn't deal any damage.

Edited by Rehab

Yeah, I live in a basement room. If the water doesn't get much higher, a lot of it can probably be salvaged (it's stuff in bags mostly), but I'm pretty worried. The real storm hasn't even happened yet

The thing with East coast storms is all the shit left over typically ends up riding the wind belts into the UK and the rest of the EU, generally giving us super shittastic weather.

Just waiting.

Oh, I assumed western Europe and the UK in particular were just particularly cursed with bad weather. Sorry you get our shit, too

Oh, I assumed western Europe and the UK in particular were just particularly cursed with bad weather. Sorry you get our shit, too

Can't be helped. Whatever time of year it is, our bad weather's either coming from the south-west (summer) or north (winter) when the wind belts decide to shift depending on the time of year. Being stuck in the middle usually doesn't grant us great weather whatever the time of year. I mean can you believe the UK's hottest week this year (and it was a glorious week indeed) was the first week in fucking APRIL? I mean what the actual fuck, it's still Spring time then. UK weather's so unpredictable. Except when it rains. Because it's always raining. Which I suppose would make it predictable? It's just best to assume it's raining unless stated otherwise.

Fnwhl.jpg

Hello there Galactus

Anyway power's out in my house. I'm currently... not in my house. School's out and will continue to be out tomorrow but I kinda want to go on campus anyway since their power's back up and running and I assume their internet as their servers are working.

I kinda need the internet to do my homework, which is due Friday and submitted electronically and I can't exactly do that with the power out in my house. :/

AT LEAST IT'S RAIN AND NOT SNOW

I swear if this was snow then there would be like eight feet tomorrow morning.

I can just imagine a West Virginian saying "Believe me buddy. It wasn't just rain.", or something else along those lines, in response to this. Edited by Little Al

Better than not being able to find a gas station that works at all

All the ones here are down :<

That's true to some extent. But the people's dream for gas isn't always realized by a gas line. I can't say whether that's something that's better or worse.

And I get irritated by cars waiting for gas that block things, though I assume such arrangements are formed to prevent cars cutting in line.

So for Halloween this year, New York decided to dress up like New Orleans.

Halloween is tomorrow.

Edited by L1049

Are you telling me Canada and the US celebrate Halloween on different days too? What's next, different flag days?

Canada Day is July 1 while Independence Day is July 4.