What's with these profile pics?

Gold Vanguard

The part I find really funny is that you get on my case for actually liking the new art (hell, more than some of the older games even) and then turn around and write essays about why it's bad.

Incidentally, you missed Specta's point. She said you were talking like the art is objectively bad, which I frankly agree with. It's not like we can tell you that your opinion is wrong in any sort of seriousness.

(note: yes it's true that i talk like the art is objectively good)

Edited by Mr. Sparkles

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The part I find really funny is that you get on my case for actually liking the new art (hell, more than some of the older games even) and then turn around and write essays about why it's bad.

Well, I have an opinion and I try to explain it. Is this a contradiction? I realize that there is the possibility that I might have crossed the line to being a dick. But with my limited perspective, I don't yet think that I did that.

Incidentally, you missed Specta's point. She said you were talking like the art is objectively bad, which I frankly agree with. It's not like we can tell you that your opinion is wrong in any sort of seriousness.

But I tried to clarify that it is indeed merely my opinion and not a serious fact... Which admittedly is merely the first line... Which makes the rest of the text entirely pointless...

I actually thought that saying "I think" and "In my opinion" and other phrases like that are a weakness in my writing style, since I figured that it should be obvious that I don't know the objective truth about a subjective topic like this. And that this habit helps to make my texts look even sillier as a result

Edited by BrightBow

It's only partially the words that you use, mate. A good bit of it is your crusading in any of the (admittedly I've only looked in three) threads that sort of tangentially relate to the topic. And it is crusading - you leave no room for interpretation in what you're saying. You're not quite saying that the FE13 art is LITERALLY SATAN but that's the subtext that I glean from it.

Maybe I'm just reading too far into it since I disagree with you so thoroughly, but there it is.

........ It's as if girls only exist to be appreciated, huh?....

I think that was an unfortunately positively connoted word.

If you're trying to convey negativity for this attitude then I'd recommended replacing "appreciated" with "objectified."

I think that was an unfortunately positively connoted word.

If you're trying to convey negativity for this attitude then I'd recommended replacing "appreciated" with "objectified."

Okie dokie then

It's only partially the words that you use, mate. A good bit of it is your crusading in any of the (admittedly I've only looked in three) threads that sort of tangentially relate to the topic. And it is crusading - you leave no room for interpretation in what you're saying. You're not quite saying that the FE13 art is LITERALLY SATAN but that's the subtext that I glean from it.

Maybe I'm just reading too far into it since I disagree with you so thoroughly, but there it is.

Thank you for your honesty. I appreciate that.