What new or returning feature are you looking forward to the most?

Knight

71 members have voted

1. 1. Features

• Doubling
    • DLC
    • Spotpass Characters
    • Branched Promotions
    • World Map
    • Love system/Children characters
    • Reclassing
    • Support conversations
    • Magic and weapon using classes
    • My Unit
    • Skills

I thought it would be an interesting topic to see what new or returning mechanic they are looking forward to, or if you're lucky enough to have played it; what you enjoy the most. If I've missed something or wish to share your thoughts on the opinion, please leave a reply below.

Dang, I forgot skills, good thing I fixed that fast

Edited by Knight

I'm looking forward to all of those features, but the MU/Avatar feature is the one I'm the most excited for because you can feel like you're a part of the story as you play the game and also marry the character of your choice. I also enjoy support conversations and paired endings. This is the first game I'm actually going to buy DLC for. I plan on buying and playing all the DLC episodes and the spotpass maps.

Every single one of them, but I suppose I'll pick the love system because I'm shallow X D

I looked forward to the same system... but I'll change Vincent's reason for me to "I'm a sap".

And I have to say, I wasn't disappointed.

And it's a dating sim that has you in it as well.

I love everything, but I'd say I've enjoyed doubling the most. It adds a surprising amount of strategic edge; you have to consider, "Do I take the risk of essentially losing one unit and powering another up? Do I accentuate the unit's strengths or cover their weaknesses?"

The sheer diversity and usefulness of the Avatar is excellent too, and I love the wealth of options the World Map brings to the table. A good deal more than Sacred Stones gives you, that's for sure!

I guess that I'll share that I like the love system and the idea of having children characters, but I also think the reclassing and skill system has been vastly improved from other games. The My Unit offers a lot of possibilities, I guess I'm looking forward to everything as well.

What I like most is the support system, where almost everybody can support everyone else. It provides a lot of character development. Not to say I don't like everything else as well, of course.

My favourite aspect of the most recent Fire Emblems is the ability to reclass. I prefer my RPGs to have as much customisation as possible, which is why I like Pokémon and The Elder Scrolls.

The 2nd reason I like Sacred Stones more than Fire Emblem is the branched promotion (which is too similar to reclassing to warrant a separate option, I think). (The 1st reason is :Joshua:.)

My favourite aspect of the most recent Fire Emblems is the ability to reclass. I prefer my RPGs to have as much customisation as possible, which is why I like Pokémon and The Elder Scrolls.

The 2nd reason I like Sacred Stones more than Fire Emblem is the branched promotion (which is too similar to reclassing to warrant a separate option, I think). (The 1st reason is :Joshua:.)

I agree AND disagree on the reclassing bit.

How it is now, it works fine. But in FE11 and FE12 it was wrong and broken.

It also loses the uniqness your character has, and throws logic out of the window. (Can you imagen Bartre from FE7 as a Sage)

me?

second Gen characters, I always wanted to play (the FE with generations) but never got around to it.

I am looking forward to dat double system the most but I am also look forward to everything else. You should have added a all of the above option. <_<

But then none of the other options would get any votes.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a generation system in this game? Man, I haven't been paying attention to this game at all. Pretty sure that just sold the game for me. Reclassing sounds helpful too, though.

I'm looking forward to the world map the most. Considering it allows one to use characters more, and it makes the game more explorable than linear, I like it a lot.

There's a generation system in this game? Man, I haven't been paying attention to this game at all. Pretty sure that just sold the game for me. Reclassing sounds helpful too, though.

Not quite; the parents stay playable, and the children are a minority of the characters even when they show up. So it's the best of both worlds.