[Question] Best B&W Catching Team

Nic

¡Hello Everybody!

I'm writing here be cause I have a great doubt, I really want to catch successfully pokemons without having a really pain in the ass of battle (in my case, its ALWAYS -_-).

The last pokémon game that I really played like crazy was Gold Edition, and a lot of things changed from there.

Right now I was thinking in 1 pokemons, a pokémon with status moves and great speed (whimsicott/Liligant).

The reality is that I want to make a team of 3 pokémon, so If the first fails, I have another two to save the day.

Right now I completed the Twist Mountain, I'm trying to obtain all the tm's.

I relly want to fill the Unova Dex, cause I'm a person that likes to complete the game fast, and I think I'm missing really good stuff =/.

That is all, Thanks.

And Good-Bye!

Active Team:

Marowak - LVL 37.

Lax Nature - Often dozes off.

Stats:

HP - 102

Att - 74

Def - 97

Sp.Atk - 43

Sp.Def - 57

Spd - 45

MoveSet:

Aerial Ace

Bonemerang

Bone Club

Thrash

Misdreavus - LVL 41

Jolly Nature - Capable of taking hits.

Stats:

HP - 111

Att - 67

Def - 66

Sp.Atk - 76

Sp.Def - 83

Spd - 90

MoveSet:

Hex

Charge Blow

Shadow Ball

Will-o-Whisp

Scrafty - LVL 41

Serious Nature - Likes to run.

Stats:

HP - 105

Att - 84

Def - 101

Sp.Atk - 50

Sp.Def - 105

Spd - 66

MoveSet:

Brick Break

High Jump Kick

Crunch

Payback

The other 3 slots for pokémons are free (2 are HM Slaves, and 1 is a random pokémon).

If you want to catch stuff, a pokemon with something like false swipe + thunder wave/sleep move will work pretty well to catch most things. Provided of course that this pokemon is sufficiently strong. The greath thing with that is that would only require one pokemone theoretically. But i'm not sure if a pokemon with false swipe and thunder wave/sleep move exists. Quick google search suggests that there is, Absol and Gallade both work. Absol gets false swipe and thunder wave through TM. Same with Gallade though he can get hypnosis at level 50 kirlia. Gallade gets false swipe at level 45. You could possibly get a pokemon with those moves on them if you want them for a play through or something. Of course the website is from somtheing asking about soul silver but you could always just trade or something. http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/6429/can-any-pokemon-learn-false-swipe-mean-look-and-a-move-to-inflict-paralysis-or

False swipe leaves a pokemon with 1hp (if it was going to kill). Absol and Gallade can also lean mean look, if there is any pokemone that escape on first sight of battle.

Edited by SlayerX

In my opinion, Parasect and Breloom are the best Pokes to use when you just care about catching the Pokemon, as they both get the 100% accurate Spore as well as False Swipe.

@SlayerX: Those two options are really brilliant!, but it's a little bit hard to obtain a Female Ralts (I need to earn like 10.000 points in dreamworld to make them appear), so I was wondering if there is another good combination in the Unova Region.

@Piss Sick Lawyer Lucina: Good suggestions, but I think Parasect it's a bit sub-par compared to Breloom (breloom is between Absol and Gallade).

Thanks!

I think I will choose Breloom/Gallade, The first if there isn't any runaway pokémon in B&W and the second if there is.

Thanks a lot guys!.

Actually, there are runaway Pokemon in BW (Tornadus and Thundurus; whichever one you get depends on the version - Black players get Tornadus, White players get Thundurus).