Chilean Musician Mafia [Game Over]

Percivalé

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you guys keep complaining about nighttalk i'm going to take it from you 8)

ps i was kidding

Edited by Sentamos

Blitz I took what you said into account no worries. We both have similar opinions on the two people you talked about anyway. What do you think about Eclipse and Paperblade (and you can talk about Prims too if you want so he feels all warm and fuzzy inside)?

@BBM: Like I said, it's low risk/higher reward. How about you focus more on the other stuff I've been saying rather than taking one line and acting like it's the entire case, and then trying to shoot it down? I'm not mad or anything, it's just that it feels like this has been happening to me a lot more recently and it's kinda disappointing.

Well I'm not really trying to scumhunt right now.

I agreed with your point about Meesh's fluffy posts, which is why I didn't say anything about it. To me, it feels like her posts have steadily gotten more fluffy and less content-full. Her early posts were good, I felt, but lately she hasn't reaf she waslly been saying anything. I don't find much in the Mancer vote though. If she was scum, she would have known Mancer was town. Why would she want to be the hammering vote on that? I see it as more high risk/low reward. And the only reason I'm saying low reward and not no reward is because they might have thought he was the SK or something.

I like how we assume there's going to be an SK in this mafia because Levity made it

It wasn't a major point anyway, just something I thought of. It's kinda hard to explain, but just keep in mind that even if you're playing as scum you have to at least try and look town.

I've been liking Kay less and less as she's posted more. Her latest post completely ignored the context of Shinori's posts, also there's the part where Shinori is an uncc'd Doctor.

I also think the "If he were scum he wouldn't do something so scummy" "Yeah well if he were scum he'd know people would think that" shit is a waste of time. The latter is pointless paranoia where you start second guessing everything and the former is just sloppy. Think about it this way: what is the gain for scum to have voted Mancer when he already had twice as many votes as the second biggest wagon? What is the protown motivation to do so? I don't see a big reason for either, so I just see it as a null read.

Also also

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=35979&st=520&p=2181351entry2181351

This was wrt to the Mancer lynch. This post rubs me the wrong way. Llen's vote was on Mancer, but rather than defend the wagon, he suggests we switch to NL, but doesn't do anything...

Also I don't feel like my Mancer vote was opportunistic. The other wagon options were:

you (Helios): Claimed cop in a game with a Miller, 0/10 would not lynch

Psych: he may be an idiot, but he's still a vig and I think that's a lower chance of being scum than

BBM: I just don't see the scumreads people are getting on him.

like I'll admit it wasn't a great lynch but that's what happens when you have 2 votes on 4 people with 30 minutes left in the phase

I like how we assume there's going to be an SK in this mafia because Levity made it

It wasn't a major point anyway, just something I thought of. It's kinda hard to explain, but just keep in mind that even if you're playing as scum you have to at least try and look town.

Well yeah, but just not voting for Mancer wouldn't have looked scummy in any way.

Also hey I see Naglfar reading the thread.

I've been liking Kay less and less as she's posted more. Her latest post completely ignored the context of Shinori's posts, also there's the part where Shinori is an uncc'd Doctor.

I also think the "If he were scum he wouldn't do something so scummy" "Yeah well if he were scum he'd know people would think that" shit is a waste of time. The latter is pointless paranoia where you start second guessing everything and the former is just sloppy. Think about it this way: what is the gain for scum to have voted Mancer when he already had twice as many votes as the second biggest wagon? What is the protown motivation to do so? I don't see a big reason for either, so I just see it as a null read.

Also also

http://serenesforest...1

This was wrt to the Mancer lynch. This post rubs me the wrong way. Llen's vote was on Mancer, but rather than defend the wagon, he suggests we switch to NL, but doesn't do anything...

This wasn't a suggestion for general town at all. I will defend my vote on Mancer any time of the day and I have already. You people on the other hand hand just jumped on a vote you didn't want to support so you could lynch someone you thought was town and get one step closer to LYLO in the process. In the end, I do agree with Mancer getting lynched, but don't act like a large part of the votes didn't come for very, very wrong reasons. That is easily bad town or anti town play.

There isn't really a difference between saying "I think this person is scum" and "I think this person is scummy" so yeah.

Yeah, there really kinda is. "I think this person is scum" = "I think this person is mafia", while "I think this person is scummy" = "I think this person is acting in a way normally associated with being mafia, for example active lurking". It's an unfortunate problem with SFMafia terminology. Scummy = like scum. Therefore, someone who is scummy is acting like mafia, but is not necessarily thought to be mafia. Meesh's post seems reasonable to me.

since I am clearly being ignored, I will quit posting till someone specifically wants my input on something or really I feel the need to make a post about something

Thanks

Blitzy, since no one needs to be suspicious of you, you're just gonna seem ignored to some extent. Keep posting anyway.

Well I'm not really trying to scumhunt right now.

Why not?

oh look people taking advantage of a newb who couldnt even defend himself

i sure hope you people stop giving free passes to "veteran" players who use shit-reasoning. did you even see that mancer bw? it happened in like two hours, all of it, and most of it with horrible reasons. someone pointed out most people didnt even feel mancer was scum but were still voting it. this person nailed it. theres bound to be fair amounts of scum in that wagon, just you wait.

Why not?

Because it's nighttime? Posting about our changing reads at nighttime helps the mafia a lot more than it helps the town.

@SEG- would you rather have nolynched, and been in the same position tomorrow as you are today, but with 1-2 less town PRs?

thats not the problem

the problem is everyone jumped on the mancer bw in less than two hours and nobody ever even considered the other guy who had votes on them

like nobody even thought mancer was scummy but "omfg lynch". it doesnt even give much info because it was so fast and honestly quite stupid.

lynching people for the sake of lynching is something that only benefits mafia. mafia can always weasel their way out of a shit town bw like that. see: all excuses about the lynch so far. those are reasonable excuses, because when the bw stinks, the reasons behind it will stink too. scumhunting is limited and you cant do shit.

yes, i prefer two dead prs tomorrow and three dead prs.

Well, Helios had claimed Cop, Eclipse was hard-defending Psych for some reason she refused to explain, and I can't speak for why others chose Mancer over me, but I obviously wasn't going to vote for myself.

w/e seg you're probably scum actually, way to attack half the playerlist then not really say anything worthwhile or push your cases for the rest of the day. frustratingly this is a shitty case for d2 but my gut says you're the scums and you'll probably get squeezed out by PoE sometime endgame anyway

Reinfleche: You disappeared which isn't cool. Where Are You?

SEG: Pretty funny how you attacked the Mancer wagon when your vote was doing jack shit D1. I expect wagon analysis that doesn't suck from you today if you're blue. Again you're probably scum but I don't have a convincing, tangible case on you :X

Excellen is questionable since by the end of yesterday his scumreads were the townie who got lynched and the two alternate wagons to that townie, one of which was the cop. He's not exactly ~obvscum~ but his opinions seem similar to the general conensus and last I recall Boron's play wasn't very clean either. Interested in hearing his scumreads for today based off what happened at the end of D1. Obvtown Kay could also use a better explanation because I don't see that at all.

Paperblade: Okay you say you don't regret the Mancer lynch but I looked through your posting history and I see one line about Mancer in your posting history, and you never did anything to justify him over the other choices at deadline. Most of your other content past the first half of D1 was actually pretty forgettable, I forget why I was townreading you tbh. Explain logic regarding Mancer vote at least?

Okay so Kay's BBM wagon hop was bad. Regardless of whether BBM's reads actually weren't "anything that interesting" (herp derp he was probably trying to scumhunt more than half the town D1 and adjusted his vote accordingly), the same thing definitely applied to Excellen, who hadn't produced anything particularly original since subbing in. Excellen's slot was also Kay's secondary scumread. No reason for her to vote BBM due to what reads like a misrep instead of being on Excellen, and this looks worse given that she just sort of ignored the potential of an Excellen wagon springing up, never doing anything to push that scumread even though SEG and I had previously suspected Boron yesterday. Makes me think she's more interested in bandwagons than pushing her scumhunting. Doesn't help that her ED1 was lackluster and she never even voted or explained her Boron scumread back then either.

I dislike how Psych is doing nothing aside from trying to justify his shot but I'm pretty sure his lynch isn't worth considered until eclipse flips, and I don't think clipsey is scum.

I will post priorities and a vote once D2 happens.

If you look past SEG's emotion, you'll see not much to build a case either way. The most I can read from her latest post is that she'd rather have a NL than risk lynching a power role? A mislynch provides information, in the form of reads. Paperblade's questioning of Excellen and Helios' weird logic about how I'm supposed to tell the difference between bad town play and scum wouldn't have been possible without it (as examples).