Staff Abilities

Ziose0

I have and it only healed. Another time I tried the heal effect just was like in an infinite loop. But I thought I remembered seeing (in a ragefest hack I believe) someone with a staff that did damage.

I have intrest in this thread, I want a staff the has the same effect as Fila's Might.

that you could just use nightmare

and as far as making a staff a weapon, you just set weapon ability 1 to 0x05 and set power ie how much damage it inflicts and you might wanna change the spell animation. otherwise it works perfectly fine where it inflicts damage to enemies and recovers HP to allies

Edited by Brendor the Brave

You can? Weren't we just saying that staff effects is somehow tied to item number?

edit: I might have been thinking of staff range, sozza brozza

Edited by Agro

There's a table of item/staff effects but it's super hardcoded and confusing and the entire thing works by multiple arrays in the ASM and it's just too annoying

as for filla's might just turn Filla's Might into a staff. that much is easy -_- you can change existing things and keep the effect because it's hardcoded but you can't say, make the heal staff work like the mend staff, or make a new weapon work like Filla's Might, for the most part--it all tends to be hardcoded :|

The most I could ever do was make an alternate Elixir with infinite uses... :| maybe if I get bored I'll go try again but it'd probably take someone who actually knows what they're doing like (insert someone who actually knows what they're doing here)

.____. ahh..

but yeah about the weapon thing, I knew it was possible...just completely overthought about how to do it:

"It's actually pretty easy. Just give a staff the Weapon/Magic ability and give it a magic animation that does damage(or the Heal variants, which will damage like reverse healing). Take note that a few staff animations aren't meant to do double attacks, so if you use a staff to attack and you can double, the game may hang. "

that's what MageKnight404 said.