List every character who...

ClLoulD

Is just as useful in PoR as they are in Radiant Dawn so for example I could say Boyd or Soren as both are pretty useful units in both games, however I couldn't say someone like Mia because although she is a fantastic unit in Radiant Dawn she wasn't much stick in Path of Radiance.

List so far.

Boyd

Soren

Ike

Oscar

Titania

Gatrie

Rhys

Jill

Mordecai

Reyson

Callil

Mist

Nephenee

Ranulf

Geoffrey

Zihark

Ilyana

Edited by ClLoulD

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well lets see.

RD - Anyone can damge Ashera but Ike needs to deliver the final blow, Ike starts out with beast stats and ends with beast stats.

PoR - Ike is one of the few units who can hurt Ashnard thus basicly making it to where he's the only character who can solo the entire game, His stats start out meh but his growths will make them end up god like.

Bout even I would say. :/

Oscar?

Titania?

Stefan?

Marcia?

Gatrie?

Rhys?

Oscar yes

Titania yep

Marcia errm, she's kinda missing for most of Radiant Dawn and comes back way under leveled so I'll give her a no for now

Gatrie yeah definatly

And finally Rhys yep, best Saint/Bishop in both games but can't do much else.

Oops forgot Stefan, he is actually really useful in POR if you didn't want to train Zihark and doesn't come with just 4 chapters to go where he is outclassed by other units (namely Laguz Kings) in Radiant Dawn.

Edited by ClLoulD

I'm trying to go mentaly past all the caracters you recruit in PoR.

Titania is pretty close though her PoR useability is a bit higher.

Mordecai fits a pretty equal role. In PoR he transforms a bit later thanks to no grass but stays transformed a bit longer too.

Jill is really good in both games.

Tanith can fill up your team well. She's a decent character when she joins in both games though she'll outclass her PoR self in RD rather quickly.

Reyson is practically the same aside form availability.

Callil is a good filler mage who will perform the same without the RNG affecting her a lot in both games.

Edited by Silith

Oscar yes

Titania yep

Marcia errm, she's kinda missing for most of Radiant Dawn and comes back way under leveled so I'll give her a no for now

Gatrie yeah definatly

And finally Rhys yep, best Saint/Bishop in both games but can't do much else.

Rhys is the worst Saint/Bishop in PoR. Get your facts straight.

I'd also like to submit Janaff and Ulki. While in RD, they actually are capable of killing enemies, they've got reduced EXP gain.

Edited by Anouleth

Well, going off my playthrough:

Mist (Mobile healer, after she promotes of course, who becomes extremely useful if you train her with swords. Once she can use A type swords, she makes good use out of the magical type swords. )

Elincia (Same as Mist)

Nephenee

Haar

Ranulf

Keiran

That's about all I can think of...

Edited by Blaze340

Well, going off my playthrough:

Mist (Mobile healer, after she promotes of course, who becomes extremely useful if you train her with swords. Once she can use A type swords, she makes good use out of the magical type swords. )

Elincia (Same as Mist)

Nephenee

Haar

Ranulf

Keiran

That's about all I can think of...

Mist Yes she's basically the same character in both games

Elincia is better in Radiant Dawn because she can actually hurt things + much more availability

Nephenee yes definatly

Haar is nowhere near as good as he is in Radiant Dawn, he is completly broken in RD

Ranulf yeah I would say so

Keiran hmm a toughie... I think he's much better in PoR but If anyone else thinks he should go on the list I'll put him on.

And characters who are better in PoR can't go on ^_^ otherwise I would of put Stefan up there.

otherwise I would of put Stefan up there.

Would have/would've*. Sorry, but I hate when people do this.

I don't really know what's going on here. Boyd, Oscar, Lethe, Jill, Tanith, Mist, and Kieran are most definitely better in PoR than RD, arguably Titania as well. On the other hand, Gatrie, Janaff, Ulki, and Elincia are most definitely better in RD, arguably Ike as well. I can barely see where the majority of these suggestions are coming from at all.

Titania is the most consistently good in Tellius. She's amazing forever in both games *_*

Jill comes 2nd. Very very good in PoR and is also pretty damn ridiculous in RD.

Oscar is also consistently good.

Marcia is better in PoR but that doesnt mean she's bad in RD. Far from it. So I'd say she's one of those "good in both games" units.

Tanith is also pretty good in both games.

Ike sucks in PoR so I wouldn't include him. He only has like what? 2 good chapters? Stoopid swordlocked foot unit.

Jill is excellent in both games. Other good units from both games include Kieran, Titania, Ike, Soren, and Nephenee.

Boyd is debatable...his Speed is very unreliable in RD. Calill is another...pretty good in both games but limited game time before 3-11. Tanith is pretty good in both games, but nothing special in either. Volke is quite useful in both games, but not as a combat unit in PoR so I don't know if he counts. Elincia is a possibility, but was only good as an ultra-mobile healer in PoR and is much improved in RD. Tibarn, Naesala and Giffca are all a bit obvious.

Oscar was awesome in PoR but is ridiculously overrated in RD...really poor Str and Spd caps, bad Str growth, average bases and generally can't ORKO anything (except Bishops and friends). Marcia was also awesome in PoR but suffers from limited game time pre-3-11 AND has a really unreliable Str growth...not helped by the fact that Dragonlords are much better than Falconknights this time around and both Jill and Haar are much easier to train.

In RD Hard mode, Soren, Boyd, Calill and Tanith struggle a bit too much to make the list, and Nephenee without PoR transfer data could be considered debatable.

I don't really know what's going on here. Boyd, Oscar, Lethe, Jill, Tanith, Mist, and Kieran are most definitely better in PoR than RD, arguably Titania as well. On the other hand, Gatrie, Janaff, Ulki, and Elincia are most definitely better in RD, arguably Ike as well. I can barely see where the majority of these suggestions are coming from at all.

TBH, I agree with you; I'd also think Soren was better off in PoR than in RD. And personally, Ranulf's debatable.

Edited by Golden Cucco

Rhys is the worst Saint/Bishop in PoR. Get your facts straight.

Hes...the only one in PoR.

Rhys is good in RD because healers are always useful.

Mist is about the same amount of usefulness in RD but she doesnt have the option to own face with magic swords anymore. Having her use Alondite is hilarious.

To me, Soren is just as useful if not more so in RD. (because he can use Celerity.)

Titania is just as useful.

Oscar too.

Boyd can be.

Mia is more useful in RD than PoR.

Nephenee is more useful.

And Marcia is amazing in both games. Hang the haters.

Jill, definitely. Id argue shes much more of an asset in RD.

Mordy is also quite useful in Part 2. I like tanks.

Shinon is much more awesome in RD.

Same story with Haar.

Tanith is not as useful in RD as she is in PoR. Part of her selling point in the previous game was Reinforce and she doesnt have that in RD.

I agree that Kieran is more of an asset in PoR. Same thing with Astrid.

Calill is actually more useful in RD too.

Gatrie, Janaff, Ulki, and Elincia are most definitely better in RD, arguably Ike as well.

Arr. Although i dont use Gatrie much in RD, he is better in this game. Janaff and Ulki definitely. Elincia is loads better.

My thoughts on Soren changed a lot when I got stuck with him as my only GM unit in a draft for a while. You guys would be surprised at the things he can pull off with BEXP (granted its in NM). I find PoR Soren only "good" for sieging. While RD's can be a combat unit (OK OK with favoritism) AND a sieger.

Removed some units namely the hawks and Elincia. Marcia is a maybe, I don't really use her because her availability harms her a bit more in RD my reasoning being that she comes back under leveled and in the chapters she isn't under leveled in she is really over-shadowed by Haar and in Endgame there are too many bow/crossbow wielders for her to do a lot [in my opinion] but I'll put her as a maybe for now and you guys decide.

Edited by ClLoulD

My thoughts on Soren changed a lot when I got stuck with him as my only GM unit in a draft for a while. You guys would be surprised at the things he can pull off with BEXP (granted its in NM). I find PoR Soren only "good" for sieging. While RD's can be a combat unit (OK OK with favoritism) AND a sieger.

A situation where Soren is the only GM unit you can use only happens in drafts, though.

Removed some units namely the hawks and Elincia. Marcia is a maybe, I don't really use her because her availability harms her a bit more in RD my reasoning being that she comes back under leveled and in the chapters she isn't under leveled in she is really over-shadowed by Haar and in Endgame there are too many bow/crossbow wielders for her to do a lot [in my opinion] but I'll put her as a maybe for now and you guys decide.

Marcia is definitely better in PoR than RD.

Once again, Boyd and Lethe don't belong since Boyd's better off in PoR, and Lethe's not as useful in RD as in PoR because cat gauge is awful.

I understand the Lethe one but I need a bit more reasoning for Boyd because he's a pretty good unit in RD once his speed get's sorted out and he almost always caps 40 strength for me.

I understand the Lethe one but I need a bit more reasoning for Boyd because he's a pretty good unit in RD once his speed get's sorted out and he almost always caps 40 strength for me.

Well, the issue is that his speed takes quite a while to stop sucking, and having a horrible biorhythm wave does not help any.