Schoolteacher Mafia

eclipse

Then that puts us back to what I said earlier about how easy it is to fake a tracker report (and watcher report can fall into the same category)...

You admitted yourself that a tracker, watcher, and cop are a lot of investigative roles in a game. If any of these guys are fakeclaiming scum, unless they actually target a clear/pseudoclear (which they really have no reason to BECAUSE if they're town and doing so they're letting scum get away with a free night) we can't know if they're faking it. But the problem with

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...that is we don't know all of scum's roles and planning everything out inthread just gives scum ammo to work with and they'll know how to counter it and foil town's plans.

TL;DR: This whole thing is stupid and unreliable and we should focus on people's ~actual play inthread~ because faking in this game is really easy.

Let me give you the tl;dr of today.

People's actual play is getting us nowhere. Propose something other than player analyzation because otherwise no one will get lynched at all today and that's not exactly proactive planning and hunting

It will if people actually pay attention and give more effort (myself included). This is becoming a repeat of NPoTM where everyone banks on people's roleclaims trying to win them the game and forgiving scummy play because of a roleclaim and I don't like it. Scum are gonna coast through this at this rate.

So we are back to square one, where no one has an actual case on anyone that is fair/legit (ie provable, not involving activity and/or related to what could be argued as tunnelling).

At this rate, he's getting modsubbed.

I have a possible theory to BBM's death. Maybe scum already knew the roles of most of the game, so they just wanted to kill off someone they don't know? It could just be random, but it seems like a waste of a night.

If you ignore claims, Kaoz, Kay, and SB have been pretty scummy so far. I feel like those three would have the best cases for being scum and I'd have them lynched in that order. Agree that Rocker should seriously post reads. Also have you guys ever thought of the possibility of a tailor to mess with the fullcop's investigations?

Being as there is already a cult, (Was), I'll worry about a potential tailor if a flip flips a flop.

Tailor is absolutely useless until presented as a possibility due to unusual results or mis-scans.

Also if there was a tailor, why would I be Roleblocked bu a teditected Shinori when I myself could've been redirected to a tailored user, and accidentally generated a mislynch through bogus results?

Probably to buy more time. For example, if the tailor tailored Blitz/Marth D1 since they looked pretty scummy. They'd be starting from scratch and would need to buy time to tailor another person don't you think?

The reason why I say this is really only out of response to SB's post where he says "maybe we should no lynch and give the investigative roleS more time to work". It just sounded weird to me to say that since if anything at this point a NL would be pretty unhelpful since we really need another flip to work with.

I frankly don't like SB lynch, but worst case I guess we can do that.

Still prefer scorri lynch.

Watcher + tracker with cop is fine, especially with redirector. Tons of things for the redirector to fuck with, also with a supposed safeguard(Should we believe kay), there's plenty of reason to believe we have a watcher and a tracker and a cop. Frankly SB's play reminds me more of his recent .hack game before he was lynched. Also SB's claim did not seem at all like a scum claim, seemed more townie in response.

Seriously go look at how he claimed and tell me how there was scum motivation behind that claim. Also once again, please explain why he would have targeted Paper N1 as scum. I sincerely think we need to pay attention to that.

Pressure people put on balc and SB when he targeted paper N1 with no scum motivation whatsoever is silly. I feel they are more town simply because of that targeting, yes I know they could lie, but I still have more thoughts thinking they are town.

Gimme a minute I had something I wanted to quote.

Bah, lost my post. Summary:

Shinori: You continue to not give reasons why you want my lynch beyond your initial reasons which I defended myself against and you then proceeded to ignore except for asking why I found Paper townie. To which I respond, hindsight is 20/20 and as shown in NPoT, I have a hard time reading Paper. I honestly thought he was town but I guess not. As for why scum might target Paper, why not? Clearly it's been proven people could have misunderstood Paper's claim. Scum would have as much reason to target Paper as town would.

Beyond that, I don't like the idea of No Lynch. The lynch is our only way of fighting against scum while scum has their night kill. I do not like it and will not support it unless it is the only viable option, which it clearly isn't.

Paper claims friendly town.

A scum Watcher watches to spot potential protective roles on the only confirmable townie

Scum watcher fails? Learns of potential town SG. Succeeds? Learns of potential doc/Etc.

Pretty elementary stuff to consider as a legit possibility Bronori.

Look at how Mancer claimed. That didn't look like a town claim (but we were obviously presumptuous there)

Actually I saw his claim and reactions from some people and took my vote off thinking he was town. Don't know why we continued that wagon.